Summer Basketball

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Summer Basketball

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:20 am

How are the teams looking..... I know Enderlin pulled out of local tournaments... I dont' know why... BUT 4 Winds is looking really good with them looking as the way to early favorite to be the top team in the state next year.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Summer Basketball

Postby packers21 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:42 pm

Enderlin is absolutely hands down the way to early favorite to win state and it’s not even debatable. Kindred - 4 Winds, North Border, Beulah follow probably that order.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Summer Basketball

Postby Flip » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:57 am

I saw the schedule for the Grand Forks League. HCV has two teams for the 9th and 10th grade division and three teams for the varsity division. That is a lot of kids.

Lots of region 2 teams participating.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4440
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Summer Basketball

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:01 pm

Flip wrote:I saw the schedule for the Grand Forks League. HCV has two teams for the 9th and 10th grade division and three teams for the varsity division. That is a lot of kids.

Lots of region 2 teams participating.


That is a lot of teams for a Class B school, but I wonder how many kids are on each team. They may have only 7-8 kids on a team, that way they guarantee lots of minutes for each kid. Coach Rotvold runs a heck of a program and that may be how they develop a lot of kids. Teams that have 12 kids on a roster - those bottom 3-4 kids normally don't play much. Just a thought.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Summer Basketball

Postby Flip » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:07 pm

Sportsrube wrote:That is a lot of teams for a Class B school, but I wonder how many kids are on each team. They may have only 7-8 kids on a team, that way they guarantee lots of minutes for each kid. Coach Rotvold runs a heck of a program and that may be how they develop a lot of kids. Teams that have 12 kids on a roster - those bottom 3-4 kids normally don't play much. Just a thought.

I'm sure if teams are short they borrow players for their other squads or the varsity teams could always take a player from the younger teams, but still has to be at least 30+ kids playing IMO. That is a lot of kids to convince to put in time into the offseason.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4440
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Summer Basketball

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:57 pm

packers21 wrote:Enderlin is absolutely hands down the way to early favorite to win state and it’s not even debatable. Kindred - 4 Winds, North Border, Beulah follow probably that order.




:lol: I'll cheer them on silently in the corner because of their school size, but I don't see it happening, they won't even get out of Region 1. NEXT!
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:40 pm

Re: Summer Basketball

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:32 pm

Flip wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:That is a lot of teams for a Class B school, but I wonder how many kids are on each team. They may have only 7-8 kids on a team, that way they guarantee lots of minutes for each kid. Coach Rotvold runs a heck of a program and that may be how they develop a lot of kids. Teams that have 12 kids on a roster - those bottom 3-4 kids normally don't play much. Just a thought.

I'm sure if teams are short they borrow players for their other squads or the varsity teams could always take a player from the younger teams, but still has to be at least 30+ kids playing IMO. That is a lot of kids to convince to put in time into the offseason.


Agreed, that is a lot of kids to get to commit in the summer - Kudos to Coach Rotvold and his staff.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Summer Basketball

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:43 pm

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
packers21 wrote:Enderlin is absolutely hands down the way to early favorite to win state and it’s not even debatable. Kindred - 4 Winds, North Border, Beulah follow probably that order.




:lol: I'll cheer them on silently in the corner because of their school size, but I don't see it happening, they won't even get out of Region 1. NEXT!

The same thing has been said for the last 4 years about Enderlin. They have two of the best players in state if not more. If they just figure out nobody can stop that team from 5 feet in.
How about Shiloh or Dickinson. Did they reload with some new players?
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Summer Basketball

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:46 pm

Grafton lost most of the top players correct?
Powers Lake for sure lost all but one of the top players with Enget coming back.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am


Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron