Langdon Blades

throughout the state

Langdon Blades

Postby dcs01 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:38 am

Langdon has proven to be a pretty good team the past few years but have lost alot of players this season any predictions on how they will do at state?
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Langdon Blades

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:16 pm

I think any team can do well at a state tournament, regardless of players lost from the past. Past is past, present is present. How do you feel they will do? You have more info on the team than I do.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LB22 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:09 pm

Yes they did lose alot of talent from last year but i think they will still do very well. I agree that any team can show up to play at state. I can see Klingbel and Otto putting pucks in the net and drew simmons throwing down some good games for them in net.
LB22

Postby ButtonsTheClown » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:49 pm

I'd say any of the top 3 teams have a realistic chance. Going to come down to goaltending and grit.
ButtonsTheClown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:12 pm

ButtonsTheClown wrote:I'd say any of the top 3 teams have a realistic chance. Going to come down to goaltending and grit.

I wouldn't discount the middle ranks either. I think there are a few surprises to come.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:39 pm

AC-DC wrote:I wouldn't discount the middle ranks either. I think there are a few surprises to come.

I don't know much about the league aside from what I read, and having some acquaintances with players' parents on a couple teams. What middle rank teams do you feel will surprise?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ButtonsTheClown » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:34 pm

AC-DC wrote:
ButtonsTheClown wrote:I'd say any of the top 3 teams have a realistic chance. Going to come down to goaltending and grit.

I wouldn't discount the middle ranks either. I think there are a few surprises to come.

I'm not discounting them. I said realistic chances, not outside.

I think the middle of the pack has an outside chance

I think the bottom has a slim to none chance.

How's that?
ButtonsTheClown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby #18 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:21 pm

so your telling me theres a chance?

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:54 pm

#18 wrote:so your telling me theres a chance?

Husband? Wait a minute... what was all that 'one in a million' talk?
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:26 am

HockeyHigh wrote:

very funny, very funny Lloyd
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigcityhockey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:17 am

HockeyHigh wrote:

Samsonite, that's it. Mary Samsonite.
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:55 pm

bigcityhockey wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:

I was way off
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ButtonsTheClown » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:27 pm

Baller wrote:
bigcityhockey wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:

I was way off

Harry, you're alive...and you're a horrible shot. What would have happened if they shot you in the face?
ButtonsTheClown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby #18 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:17 am

yeah what if they wouldve shot him in the face?

Postby ButtonsTheClown » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:33 pm

Well that's a chance we were just willing to take.
ButtonsTheClown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Frogger_330 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:02 pm

Where there is a Drew Simmons there is always a chance
Frogger_330

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:04 am

Frogger_330 wrote:Where there is a Drew Simmons there is always a chance

A chance for what? 17 goals against in 3 games at state tournament. Not particularly spectacular.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dcs01 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:36 am

i may have let in 17 goals but i was able to help get my team to the championship without as much help as the flyers and the allmighty kyle jandro got scored on 5 out of 13 times by the blades all im saying is at least we were able to make it there.
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:04 pm

dcs01 wrote:i may have let in 17 goals but i was able to help get my team to the championship without as much help as the flyers and the allmighty kyle jandro got scored on 5 out of 13 times by the blades all im saying is at least we were able to make it there.

I'm not affiliated with the Fargo Flyers or this "almighty Kyle Jandro" that you speak of. Looking at the scores, It sounds like the players in front of the goalie did a lot of scoring to get this team to the championship. Two 6-5 wins. Langdon must have some very skilled forwards.
2nd place, 3rd place, they are all the same, it's not the state champion, which is the Stallions. 3rd place finishes their season with a win. 2nd place finishes their season with a loss.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ButtonsTheClown » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:17 pm

Now that the season is over and the dust has settled, Drew – can you answer just one question for us? Did #14 for the Flyers really kick you “with the intent to injure” or was it just an accident? Only you know the truth.
ButtonsTheClown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dcs01 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:31 pm

there is someone who said i that i told the board i feared for my life and that wasnt true i said he kicked me in the head and the call we made and they shouldnt take that away but im told whoever 14 is said he stepped on my glove which is a lie it was pretty much a boot to the face
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Frogger_330 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:30 am

the whole idea of kicking with skates.....not for me....

congrats to the the 2nd place BLADES.....
Frogger_330

Postby Sportshound » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Langdon-- You guys played excellent. Great job you should be proud.

And I heard a little about the incident of the Flyers #14 in a Regular season game getting called for kicking. Word is around that that was not a for sure thing.
He(from most people that I heard it from) said he accidentally got the boot inot the face of the goalie.
So someone out here has that answer right?
So now the question is why didn't he play in the State tourney?
The way I heard it was he served his suspession but the NDAHA brd. didn't let him play anyway?

I see above this-- that a goalie(presume the goalie that got the boot in the face-accidentally) says that the Flyer kid should not have gotten the BIG Penalty?
True--- Not True?
Well It was fun to watch the games in a not so desirable Arena(nice but not that nice)-- And Good luck to nay of you that will get to dream of the State Championship for 09'.. Play hard.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Frogger_330 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:29 pm

2nd place isnt bad, but i know that anything less than the state title will still be a disapointment to Drew Simmons
Frogger_330

Postby ButtonsTheClown » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:21 pm

Sportshound wrote:Langdon-- You guys played excellent. Great job you should be proud.

And I heard a little about the incident of the Flyers #14 in a Regular season game getting called for kicking. Word is around that that was not a for sure thing.
He(from most people that I heard it from) said he accidentally got the boot inot the face of the goalie.
So someone out here has that answer right?
So now the question is why didn't he play in the State tourney?
The way I heard it was he served his suspession but the NDAHA brd. didn't let him play anyway?

I see above this-- that a goalie(presume the goalie that got the boot in the face-accidentally) says that the Flyer kid should not have gotten the BIG Penalty?
True--- Not True?
Well It was fun to watch the games in a not so desirable Arena(nice but not that nice)-- And Good luck to nay of you that will get to dream of the State Championship for 09'.. Play hard.

IMO, the suspension was just NDAHA’s way of saying, WE are going to control the outcome of games, not the players. The “kick” was an accident that occurred when 14 came around the back of the net after a save. Drew had the puck covered on the side of the net and 14 lifted his leg to get around him. Did his skate hit him in the head – yes. Was it an “intent to injure?” – no. If I would have seen it as a deliberate kick, I wouldn’t be writing this at all.

They gave him a 5 and a misconduct (not 10). Rules say he must serve the next game (which he did). Then NDAHA got involved and started talking about having a hearing….but they didn’t know when they could get together (even though the state tournament was the next weekend). From what I understand they had “a meeting” before each of the state games and told 14 “no.” Again…control.

The total number of games served for this incident was 5 games. It wasn’t any worse than any checking from behind, roughing, slashing or cross-checking penalty we see in every game. IMO, any of these penalties could be construed as an “intent to injure” but it’s never called that way. Last year during the state tournament WC and the Flames had a fight after their semi-final game – no one got kicked out. Couldn’t fighting be seen as an incident with an intent to injure? The time served in this incident was controlled by the NDAHA – they made sure the kid’s year was ruined by what ONE official perceived as flagrant and intentional. I have respect for the rules but when penalties for breaking the rules are enforced differently, then I have issues. NDAHA made sure they acted as the Judge, Jury and Executioner in this case. The only intent to injure in this case is NDAHA’s fickle decision to keep 14 out of the 3 biggest games of his year. That’s sad.
ButtonsTheClown
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to NDAHA