Who has the nicest course ?

Postby Mustanghero » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:13 pm

I've been told that Bully Pulpit is the best, Bulah's is a good one, dickinson's is tough in the back 9, there's so many opinions. So what do u guys think ?
Find a sport you love, and you'll never practice a day in your career
Mustanghero
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:43 pm

i've only seen pics of the medora course, but it sure does look like an amazing way to kill an afternoon.
rep

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:45 pm

I went to golf camp at bully pulpit. I got to golf there for 5 days, it was amazing. Great scenery, no wind, all around great golf atmosphere.
project-pat

Postby Deacon16 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:47 am

If your looking west then i would say Hawktree, east hands down is the Fargo Country Club.
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rumbles » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:01 am

Carrington has a nice 18 hole course.  Regionals is going to be there again this year
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bcourtbraves » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:20 am

Bully Pulpit is great for golf, plays relatively easy.  Red Mike in Williston is usually toughest with the wind rain and sometimes snow. I remember when Minot CC was Minot's Invitational it was one the best courses for the region.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby dubblepen » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:48 pm

red mike is balls tough. otherwise out east fcc and edgewood r legit.
blood sweat and tears, i dripped all tre jus to get hur.
dubblepen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Deacon16 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:04 pm

dubblepen wrote:red mike is balls tough. otherwise out east fcc and edgewood r legit.

Edgewood is legit for about a month out of the year when all 18 holes are open and in good shape.
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mustanghero » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:03 pm

I've never been to FCC is it a really nice course or what ?
Mustanghero
NDPreps Starter

Postby Weezy Baby » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:08 pm

bully pulpit looks nice, but i dont like to play it more than 2 times a year. hawktree, very fun. red mike i have only played once, and i was not a big fan but it was nice. i really like traditional courses like a riverwood or heart river. trees, water, sand... but not too much of just one. as far as the east, jamestown is pretty fun, souris is too. idk bout other from that part.
Weezy Baby

Postby Mustanghero » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:33 pm

Weezy Baby wrote:bully pulpit looks nice, but i dont like to play it more than 2 times a year. hawktree, very fun. red mike i have only played once, and i was not a big fan but it was nice. i really like traditional courses like a riverwood or heart river. trees, water, sand... but not too much of just one. as far as the east, jamestown is pretty fun, souris is too. idk bout other from that part.

I agree with playing Bully more than twice...get's to be a little too much
Mustanghero
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deacon16 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:04 pm

Mustanghero wrote:I've never been to FCC is it a really nice course or what ?

Oh very nice. Over 7,000 yards. Hard for an average golfer. Not too difficult for a pro. Suits tournament play perfectly.
Deacon16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roughrider125 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:41 pm

The best in the state is Hawktree next i'd say Red Mike or FCC are pretty even but they are such different types of courses its hard to compare.  I've only played Bully P. twice and it was pretty soon after it opened last spring so i may be wrong but it didn;t live up to my expectations, like 5 holes are sweet just because of the view and the atmosphere (badlands) makes it worth playing but i wouldn;t say it compares with Hawktree, Red Mike, or FCC, maybe even Edgewood
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mustanghero » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:34 pm

all of those are awesome (from what Iv'e heard) but, I've never been to them.
Mustanghero
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby Pdubs » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:18 pm

Mustanghero wrote:I've been told that Bully Pulpit is the best, Bulah's is a good one, dickinson's is tough in the back 9, there's so many opinions. So what do u guys think ?

Beulah's not cool, Bully Pulpit isn't as nice as Hawktree, Dickinson is love easy as heck. The toughest from the tips in the west is Riverwood. It is over 7000 yards with trouble on every shot. Hawktree from the tips isn't as hard and neither is Bully. Red Mike isn't very nice. Fargo Country Club is tough. Grand Forks Country Club is tough in the wind.
Last edited by Pdubs on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pdubs

Re: Who has the nicest course ?

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Hawktree is my favorite to play. Fargo CC is a great course too but havnet been there in a while. Hawktree is a very tough course when the wind is blowing more then 15 MPH, very few trees and a lot of elevated tees
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby chevyman11 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:43 pm

Bully Pulpit is very very nice, but when I was there the greens were really fast. That seemed to be the one and only one complaint from everybody. Heart River is my second pick. Beulah's is also pretty fun. Never been to Hawktree though...
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:01 am

1.Minot Country Club
2.Hawktree
3.Fargo Country Club
4.Oxbow
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Pdubs » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:13 pm

chevyman11 wrote:Bully Pulpit is very very nice, but when I was there the greens were really fast. That seemed to be the one and only one complaint from everybody. Heart River is my second pick. Beulah's is also pretty fun. Never been to Hawktree though...

No real golfer should complain about fast greens. If you are a true golfer, you should live for fast greens. Slow greens, like at Heart River and Beulah, *edited by moderator the big one. These greens don't even run at a 10 on the stimp meter. Last year at the US Open it was 14, the Masters has some parts of their greens roll a 15. You are *edited by moderator*

Back off Pdubs or you'll be done posting.
Pdubs

Postby chevyman11 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:40 pm

I didn't mean to complain all I was saying is that they were faster then everyone was used to.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Knight55 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:40 am

Fargo Country Club...potential to be a heck of a course, but its too bad its not...But Bully is amazing it'd be a course that would be fun to play many times to see how tough it really is. I believe the North Dakota Strokeplay tournament at Hawktree really proved how nice and tough of a course it is with its fescue and its very big greens with hidden sandtraps and wind and elevations which makes club selections tough. I would say Hawktree hands down.
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby #18 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:19 am

The FCC

Postby champs0607 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:14 pm

larimore has a nice course. well managed, not the most difficult course but nice
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby hbstars7 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:52 pm

I would have to agree with Knight55 on that one
hbstars7

Postby billy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:42 am

i think that bully pulpit is the nicest course in the west, there is barely any wind there when i have played and the course always seems to be in good shape. i will say that hawktree is nice, and red mike is tough as balls but when you compare them to bully, hands down bully is the better course in the west
billy

Next

Return to Golf