Favorites Region by Region 2008 HS

Postby The stokker » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:31 am

I think ill agree it will be some good baseball between those two team. I think it would be a fun couple games to play in or just watch between those two teams

The stokker

Postby PA42 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:03 pm

tadam6 wrote:yeah i spose.....now...not to take anything away from the kid...but if thompson doesn't show up to play one day...any pitcher could beat them....not saying if thompson didnt show up to play that they still wouldn't win because they just know how to win.....but if a team doesnt show then anything can happen
i know what you mean. but your wrong with this guy, in my opinion.
PA42

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:31 am

Alright guys,

I asked for predictions Region by Region and I get individual talk.  Many of you seem to have an opinion on every subject so ball up and give some predictions.  The excuse "I don't know everybody in every region is not an acceptable excuse".  Just guess then.  Let us all know who is the alpha dog region by region. 
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:04 pm

Region 1-FSHP
Region 2-Hatton-Northwood
Region 3-Dakota Prairie
Region 4-Grafton
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Favorites Region by Region 2008 HS

Postby jtdc492 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:51 pm

Washburn looks good. Good core of experience and still young. Wilton sends two good players and one that could be good. Add a Washburn freshman in Jeff Rassmussen that went to national qualifier in hit/pitch/run comp. And they look to compete for state the next 2-3 years.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketballer » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:37 am

R/1- Close between LaMoure and F/S/H/P. LaMoure won the Legion state tournament and only lose 3 players from that team. However F/S/H/P also returns a lot and won the Region last year in High School. Casselton's year is next year (and the year after)
basketballer

Postby ducks » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:37 pm

lamoure
hatton northwood
dakota prairie
grafton
munich
velva
bishop ryan
steele
ducks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:34 pm

Who coaches Washburn and how is he as a coach?
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:59 pm

jtdc492 wrote:Washburn looks good. Good core of experience and still young. Wilton sends two good players and one that could be good. Add a Washburn freshman in Jeff Rassmussen that went to national qualifier in hit/pitch/run comp. And they look to compete for state the next 2-3 years.

im guessing hit/pitch/run is like the punt/pass/kick but i cant say ive ever heard of it. what exactly is it?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:52 pm

Yes, the hit/pitch/run comp. is like its football counterpart. Babe Ruth players are eligible. Jeff Rassmussen went to Minneapolis to compete and had he done as well there as in the regional qualifier he would have went to the national competition.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby NC_408 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:33 pm

Hey Pakkyzoo or brent DP always fails Midkota is the real team in that region. Ha Ha The only time that they didnt fail is when they were with the midkota kids for legion. This is the all star first basemen from that legion team by the way.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:13 pm

NC_408 wrote:Hey Pakkyzoo or brent DP always fails Midkota is the real team in that region. Ha Ha The only time that they didnt fail is when they were with the midkota kids for legion. This is the all star first basemen from that legion team by the way.

Hello squeezy (josh), We (DP) did go to state in 2005 in high school.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Re:

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:19 pm

horne98 wrote:I like hatton-northwood in region 2. They have a lot of guys back, but the main reason I like them is that they return the best player in the region in Ben Strand. He is very overrated. I like Kyle Funseth and Ryan Pladson in the middle infield and Tyler Bilden beat thompson so he i automatically a stud in my book. This will be a down region, I think thompson will be Ok because of coaching and the arm of Jake Cooley but i can't think of anyone else in the region.

I'm not disagreeing with your thinking except for Tyler Bilden beating Thompson. And he did beat them, but what happened to him in legion? He got knocked around pretty good. He's a good left handed pitcher, but I wouldn't say he's a stud. It's like Jordan Grover beating Thompson. Someone pitches one good game, and they are instantly a hero? He'll win games this year but I wouldn't say he's a stud. I'll leave it up to him to prove me wrong ;) And on your later comment on him keeping his cool, when he starts getting knocked around by someone, his cool is gone. If you had ever tried calming him down on the mound, it's quite the task. But I too would take Hatton Northwood in Region 2, and if not them, CV-H or Thompson. I'd take FSHP in Region 1, DP in Region 3, and Grafton in 4.. Don't know much about other regions.
thunderbaseball_38

Re:

Postby JRo13 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:10 pm

Maniaconthefloor wrote:Alright guys,

I asked for predictions Region by Region and I get individual talk.  Many of you seem to have an opinion on every subject so ball up and give some predictions.  The excuse "I don't know everybody in every region is not an acceptable excuse".  Just guess then.  Let us all know who is the alpha dog region by region. 

Dakota Prairie and Lakota are gonna be the top picks in they're region. I think Harvey is gonna surprise a lot of people with the talent they have coming up. They could have a shot at being the team to upset DP and Lakota to move on to the state tourney.
JRo13

Re: Re:

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:17 pm

JRo13 wrote:

Dakota Prairie and Lakota are gonna be the top picks in they're region. I think Harvey is gonna surprise a lot of people with the talent they have coming up. They could have a shot at being the team to upset DP and Lakota to move on to the state tourney.
it will be tough for them....their young talent will need to step up
baseball1981

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:47 am

baseball1981 wrote:
JRo13 wrote:

I agree... DP has everyone back 1-9. Young talent has developed nicely, through summer programs, and gettin a chance to play early in their careers in high school. Nichols, Severson, Frederick are the seniors. Ham and Vasicheck are the juniors. Luehring and Lamb are sophmores. Gourneau and Herman are freshman. They got pretty good depth too, 2 juniors (Herrmmann and Morken) and 2 sophmores (Kroke and Flom) both would be starting for many teams...

Lakota has the big 3 back in Olderbaak, Johannson, and Hourth. Don't sleep on Matturn (sp?) though, he can flat out hit. Wilkinson and Kuchar aren't bad players either. I think loosing the seniors from last years team will hurt them in the end.

Midkota will be the 3 seed, i think both Hardings and Quick should be good enough to beat the other 2 teams in the region.

Carrington will be better then Harvey they have more upperclassmen returning.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Re:

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:56 pm

cubsfan wrote:Region 1-FSHP
Region 2-Hatton-Northwood
Region 3-Dakota Prairie
Region 4-Grafton

i agree with these, i really have no idea though which teams are in the other regions.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby JRo13 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:43 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
JRo13 wrote:

I agree... DP has everyone back 1-9. Young talent has developed nicely, through summer programs, and gettin a chance to play early in their careers in high school. Nichols, Severson, Frederick are the seniors. Ham and Vasicheck are the juniors. Luehring and Lamb are sophmores. Gourneau and Herman are freshman. They got pretty good depth too, 2 juniors (Herrmmann and Morken) and 2 sophmores (Kroke and Flom) both would be starting for many teams...

Lakota has the big 3 back in Olderbaak, Johannson, and Hourth. Don't sleep on Matturn (sp?) though, he can flat out hit. Wilkinson and Kuchar aren't bad players either. I think loosing the seniors from last years team will hurt them in the end.

Midkota will be the 3 seed, i think both Hardings and Quick should be good enough to beat the other 2 teams in the region.

Midkota will probably be pretty good but I don't think they'll be the 3 seed. Carrington won't be any good. They sucked in High School last year. Their Babe Ruth team took 3rd out of 4 teams. The only team they were better than was New Rockford and they were just ugly to watch. The legion team was the number 1 seed in the tourney and got beat by the bottom two teams which were Jamestown and Maddock.
JRo13

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:59 pm

JRo13 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
JRo13 wrote:

Midkota will probably be pretty good but I don't think they'll be the 3 seed. Carrington won't be any good. They sucked in High School last year. Their Babe Ruth team took 3rd out of 4 teams. The only team they were better than was New Rockford and they were just ugly to watch. The legion team was the number 1 seed in the tourney and got beat by the bottom two teams which were Jamestown and Maddock.

They will still be just as good as Harvey if not better. Midkota will be the three seed. They have more returning then Harvey. Plus 3 proven players in the two Hardings and Quick. Who does harvey have thats proven?? Keller? One player. Yes, there young talent might be better then Carrington, Harvey, and Lakotas, but not Dakota Prairie. Another reason why Midkota will be the in the top 3 ahead of Harvey is because Coach Rick Christianson.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:03 pm

harvey does have some proven young talent...they have some older seniors that arent bad..keller will catch, but sometimes struggles with his hitting, sam krivoruchka played legion and was a good player for them, and then dylan shell, justin roerich who both played legion when needed, i dont know if harvey will be the best team in the region but they could be a team that could contend in tournament time...carrington wont be good, they lost bulzomi and their catcher..they basically have nothing back..and midkota lost their only pitcher who can throw strikes in joel anderson besides harding...
baseball1981

Postby NC_408 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:32 pm

midkota lost their only pitcher who can throw strikes in joel anderson besides harding...[/quote]

I know for a fact that Nic Harding and josh quick can throw strikes i caught a game for Nic a couple of years ago when he was to young but played legion anyway and he hit the mit wherever I put it and the same with quick Nic throws harder than quick. Quick throws with decent velocity but he is a guy that can hit his spots. He pitched against Harvey last year and he gave up 3 runs in a complete game loss because he hit his spots. His team just couldnt get the bats going and thats why he lost.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:29 pm

if im not mistaken, harvey ten runned midkota in both games they played against them in high school last year.............
baseball1981

Postby NC_408 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm

baseball1981 wrote:if im not mistaken, harvey ten runned midkota in both games they played against them in high school last year.............

Well you are mistaken then they tenned them one game but not the other.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Sun May 04, 2008 3:02 pm

What are the region pairings for state?
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Sun May 04, 2008 3:59 pm

1 vs. 2, 3 vs. 4, 5 vs. 6, and 7 vs. 8.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Class B