Who is the team to beat next year

The teams in Class AAA

Who is the team to beat next year

Postby Demonsenior2 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Just wondering who will be the team to beat next year with so many key players graduating?
Demonsenior2

Re: Who is the team to beat next year

Postby squeak63 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:53 pm

Demonsenior2 wrote:Just wondering who will be the team to beat next year with so many key players graduating?

its gonna be an interesting year but i am gonna go with the perenial powerhouses...
west. Minot BHS and CHS
East. South West and North
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stormtrooper » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:19 pm

sqeak63 wrote:
Demonsenior2 wrote:Just wondering who will be the team to beat next year with so many key players graduating?

its gonna be an interesting year but i am gonna go with the perenial powerhouses...
west. Minot BHS and CHS

since when has chs been a perenial powerhouse. last year was the best year in chs football history and they still didnt win state, or the west region for that matter. but they should have a solid team next year with numerous guys that played on this last years team. u cant replace a zach wentz though.
Stormtrooper

Postby whocares? » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:48 pm

Stormtrooper wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:

west. Minot BHS and CHS

since when has chs been a perenial powerhouse. last year was the best year in chs football history and they still didnt win state, or the west region for that matter. but they should have a solid team next year with numerous guys that played on this last years team. u cant replace a zach wentz though.

yeah, chs is definitely NOT a perennial football powerhouse. you also can't replace guys like schlosser and kringstad. it could be a long year next year for chs football.

I am sure bhs will be good again next year. I am not sure who minot will have at qb but they should be solid.
i bet south will take state.
whocares?

Postby Demonsenior2 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:21 pm

I dont see Century being a power house by no means...I dont think South will be as dominate either. I played on the BHS team this last season and I believe the guys returning are going to have what it takes to upset South and beat Minot. They have worked hard so far in the offseason just about everyone of the juniors and sophmores are lifting everyday and running. I see BHS going to state next year and brining it back to the West. imo
Demonsenior2

Postby Number7 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:38 pm

Demonsenior2 wrote:I dont see Century being a power house by no means...I dont think South will be as dominate either. I played on the BHS team this last season and I believe the guys returning are going to have what it takes to upset South and beat Minot. They have worked hard so far in the offseason just about everyone of the juniors and sophmores are lifting everyday and running. I see BHS going to state next year and brining it back to the West. imo

It will be between bismarck and south, and the bruins have it until someone knocks them off. And the only team who can is BHS.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:23 pm

hey sorry about the perenial powerhouse thing... i by no means think chs is a perenial powerhouse i personally dont like century at all i just think they will have a decent team with guys like munson and bietz returning
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballguy09 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:34 pm

Everyone thought South would be down this past year as well and look what happened. They rolled through people for the second straight year. They did have a couple good games most noteably Century besides them South dominated.
footballguy09

Postby I'm Me » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Demonsenior2 wrote:I dont see Century being a power house by no means...I dont think South will be as dominate either. I played on the BHS team this last season and I believe the guys returning are going to have what it takes to upset South and beat Minot. They have worked hard so far in the offseason just about everyone of the juniors and sophmores are lifting everyday and running. I see BHS going to state next year and brining it back to the West. imo

going into the weightroom and doing some bicep curls and conversing is what u call lifting weights? i know of very few people that actually go into the weightroom, do a routine, and actually get stonger. im just interested, please tell me the strongest bhs junior in the squat, bench and powerclean.
I'm Me

Postby brownbomber » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:40 pm

I'm Me wrote:

going into the weightroom and doing some bicep curls and conversing is what u call lifting weights? i know of very few people that actually go into the weightroom, do a routine, and actually get stonger. im just interested, please tell me the strongest bhs junior in the squat, bench and powerclean.

if you knew bhs coach you would know that that doesnt happen
Last edited by brownbomber on Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:22 am

brownbomber wrote:
I'm Me wrote:

if you you bhs coach you would know that that doesnt happen

really couldn't tell you because all of the stronger people for BHS are in a winter sport and dont when there in season because maxing is bad for you... i would say the strongest 3 juniors (seniors next year) for bhs
are granfor, karel, and klein... karel and klein both started on both sides of the line last year...karel is in hockey and klein plays bball so when those season are done and they get some maxes down i will let you know
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby tjschobinger » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:16 am

I'm Me wrote:

Wow, i cant believe he just said that. UNBELIEVEABLE. To go bashing the work ethic of BHS kids like that. What on gods green earth gives you the right to say something like that? Have you ever been in BHS's weight room? If not, then quit posting crap like that. Those guys absolutely bust their butts in there, and their lifting regimen is very extensive. WOW
tjschobinger

Postby Stormtrooper » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:31 pm

tjschobinger wrote:
I'm Me wrote:

Wow, i cant believe he just said that. UNBELIEVEABLE. To go bashing the work ethic of BHS kids like that. What on gods green earth gives you the right to say something like that? Have you ever been in BHS's weight room? If not, then quit posting crap like that. Those guys absolutely bust their butts in there, and their lifting regimen is very extensive. WOW

I know many of the bhs athletes personally and i just havent seen any improvement in size or strength. i mean, yeah its not hard to go into the weightroom and do some bench, then knock out a couple of bicep curls and call it quits. im just sayin the proof is in the pudding and i havent seen any improvement. name someone that has gone from big to huge, or from skinny as a rail to big. it doesnt take alot to talk the talk, but it takes a special athlete to walk the walk. football is a team sport; why arent all the bhs kids getting huge like the fargo south kids if your workout program is "SO EXTENSIVE."
Stormtrooper

Postby tjschobinger » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:20 pm

Im not neccessarily talking about going from big to huge or skinny to big. Some guys just arent going to gain as much muscle as others, thats just a reality. What i am saying though, is that when they are in there they're not just pumping a few curls and leaving, they work hard. I mean, when you play for a guy like coach Gibson youre gonna work hard. And they must be somewhat strong, they do dominate or at least contend fiercely for the West Region title every year.. you dont do that from walking into a weight room and doing a few curls once in a while...
tjschobinger

Postby I'm Me » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:07 pm

tjschobinger wrote:Im not neccessarily talking about going from big to huge or skinny to big. Some guys just arent going to gain as much muscle as others, thats just a reality. What i am saying though, is that when they are in there they're not just pumping a few curls and leaving, they work hard. I mean, when you play for a guy like coach Gibson youre gonna work hard. And they must be somewhat strong, they do dominate or at least contend fiercely for the West Region title every year.. you dont do that from walking into a weight room and doing a few curls once in a while...

NO!!!! You work hard on your core muscles and youre going to get bigger, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. And dont count out the fact that they have the second-most kids in their school in the west also. they probably can work hard, but i just dont see any proof. they have approx 150 more boys to choose from then mandan and chs, probably twice as much as dickinson, and williston, its uncomparable to st.marys and a considerable amount more than jamestown. Minot has almost 3000 kids in their high school, why do u think they always contend.
I'm Me

Postby flyguy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:52 pm

Yes south will win again this year.Just wondering who is west fargo going to have returning considering they are ognna miss tanner farkis
flyguy

Postby Number7 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:12 pm

flyguy wrote:Yes south will win again this year.Just wondering who is west fargo going to have returning considering they are ognna miss tanner farkis

Alan Neer will be QB, David Schmidt will return at RB, Jake Kaiser and Alex Pribula at WR, Ringdahl and Schiller at LB, Molstad, Lund and others on the line. I will be curious to see what Keifer does at WR/DB.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby truballa4life » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:38 pm

ya its not hard to figure out why the schools with the biggest enrollments contend every single year. bhs and south will have talent every single year, while some schools just dont have that. bhs had one of the smaller teams in the west, but still had a good year
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby tjschobinger » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:10 pm

I'm Me wrote:
tjschobinger wrote:Im not neccessarily talking about going from big to huge or skinny to big. Some guys just arent going to gain as much muscle as others, thats just a reality. What i am saying though, is that when they are in there they're not just pumping a few curls and leaving, they work hard. I mean, when you play for a guy like coach Gibson youre gonna work hard. And they must be somewhat strong, they do dominate or at least contend fiercely for the West Region title every year.. you dont do that from walking into a weight room and doing a few curls once in a while...

NO!!!! You work hard on your core muscles and youre going to get bigger, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. And dont count out the fact that they have the second-most kids in their school in the west also. they probably can work hard, but i just dont see any proof. they have approx 150 more boys to choose from then mandan and chs, probably twice as much as dickinson, and williston, its uncomparable to st.marys and a considerable amount more than jamestown. Minot has almost 3000 kids in their high school, why do u think they always contend.

I guess u just have to be in there during the summer and see how intense they are before you realize what theyre really all about. But don't ever say that they dont work hard or that theyre all soft and crap,, if u ever say that,,, no matter who you are,,,, ur just straight up wrong.
tjschobinger

Postby pepsi123 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:28 am

south always contends because they work harder than everyone else. sure having a huge school helps but that doesnt matter because Feeney weeds out all the people that dont want to be there. South will make a deep run again next year.
pepsi123

Postby Number7 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:02 pm

pepsi123 wrote:south always contends because they work harder than everyone else. sure having a huge school helps but that doesnt matter because Feeney weeds out all the people that dont want to be there. South will make a deep run again next year.

Thats the difference right there. KEVIN FEENEY. He is the reason south is now in the state semis or finals year after year. They always had the athletes. How long till he moves to a college job, if at all?
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:03 pm

I'm pretty sure that for Feeney to be considered for that job, that he'd have to at least serve as an assistant coach at that level for awhile.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:44 pm

They work hard and more important efficiently. They are well directed.

Perhaps some of you are too young but South has had some of the best teams in the state, and that was prior to Feeney. He is a very good coach.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:30 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:They work hard and more important efficiently. They are well directed.

Perhaps some of you are too young but South has had some of the best teams in the state, and that was prior to Feeney. He is a very good coach.

back in the early 90's South had the powerhouse that they do now
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:08 pm

Hertel was a good coach as well. And that was in the 80's.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to AAA