Picks for state tournament

throughout the state

Picks for state tournament

Postby hockeystar11 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:35 pm

The seasons comming to an end pretty quick.
anyone have any predictions of the tourny?
hockeystar11

Re: Picks for state tournament

Postby dcs01 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:05 pm

well the flyers definatly have the best shot but weve seen upsets before i think langdon and parkriver also have a good shot at it
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeystar11 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:22 pm

1. flyers.
2. langdon, or park river
3. watford or stallions
4.sidney
5. mayville
6.rugby
7. crosby
8. flames
hockeystar11

Postby AC-DC » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:28 am

I like the idea of an upset or two.

1. Park River
2. Flyers
3. Langdon
4. Stallions
5. Rugby
6. Watford
7. Crosby
8. Richland
9. Mayport
10. Flames
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby #18 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:10 pm

Flames after what happened last year

Postby JGFan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:17 pm

After watching the Flyers control GF stallions and Park River at last weekends tournament in GF it would look like only one ND team could beat the Flyers: themselves!

If they do not self destruct, they look pretty hard to stop by any current JG team.

They may have a loss to a ND team before the season ends (due to the Home Cooking refs they will see), but they will not be beaten by any current team without that help, unless they beat themselves IMO.

As to the rest, that will need the tourney to decide, too many too close to call.
JGFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeystar11 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:12 pm

park river didnt even have all there players last weekend and it was a close game..
hockeystar11

Postby bigcityhockey » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:45 pm

hockeystar11 wrote:park river didnt even have all there players last weekend and it was a close game..

They had enough to play. if they were missing so many players where were they? On safari in africa? Taking in a trip to the south pole? That is such a weak excuse. I've come to expect better posts from the hockeystar11.
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ButtonsTheClown » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:01 pm

Where were they? It was a tournament wasn't it?
ButtonsTheClown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ButtonsTheClown » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:04 pm

where were they? wasnt it a tournament? why didnt they play?
ButtonsTheClown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:42 pm

AC-DC wrote:I like the idea of an upset or two.

1. Park River
2. Flyers
3. Langdon
4. Stallions
5. Rugby
6. Watford
7. Crosby
8. Richland
9. Mayport
10. Flames

I don't know why you have Mayport so low? They have beaten Crosby and Sydney. I believe they also split with Rugby. I think Mayport will place fourth of fifth since the tournament is on their home ice.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bigcityhockey » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:10 pm

cubsfan wrote:
AC-DC wrote:I like the idea of an upset or two.

1. Park River
2. Flyers
3. Langdon
4. Stallions
5. Rugby
6. Watford
7. Crosby
8. Richland
9. Mayport
10. Flames

I don't know why you have Mayport so low? They have beaten Crosby and Sydney. I believe they also split with Rugby. I think Mayport will place fourth of fifth since the tournament is on their home ice.

Anything can happen in a tournament. I agree with the Cubsfan, May-port will place higher than 9th. They are on their home ice, no travel, etc. Maybe they will be the team that upsets everyone this year and wins the whole thing!
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:51 pm

Does anyone know the weekend that the state tournament will happen?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby RedHotChiliPeppers » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:11 am

I dont know why everyone has Park River so high. I think Mayport Flames and Grand Forks could beat them. Flyers played them twice and they won with ease.
RedHotChiliPeppers

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:46 am

cubsfan wrote:Does anyone know the weekend that the state tournament will happen?

The state tournament is February 29-March 2, 2008. I believe it is 1 week after the ND state High School Tournament.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LB22 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:00 am

bigcityhockey wrote:They had enough to play. if they were missing so many players where were they? On safari in africa? Taking in a trip to the south pole? That is such a weak excuse. I've come to expect better posts from the hockeystar11.

Its not a weak excuse because if you were there look at how many players the flyers had over Park River. Park river was missing 4 of there players, two were very sick, one dislocated his shoulder the game before, and the other kid just didn't show up. Some of them had no excuse for not being there but they werent. You cant expect a team with 9 kids on the bench to out skate and keep up with a team running 4 lines.
LB22

Postby Unity77 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:27 am

^ Hence the reasoning why these kids would never make the Grafton High School team. They aren't dedicated. There was an article in the Grafton paper about this new Walsh County (not Park River) team and the coach even stated that kids don't show up.

Coach Brett Midgarden stated, “When you only have 15 players on the roster, you need all of them to show up for every game,” he said. “For different reasons, we always seem to be 3-5 players short.”
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigcityhockey » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:30 pm

LB22 wrote:
bigcityhockey wrote:They had enough to play. if they were missing so many players where were they? On safari in africa? Taking in a trip to the south pole? That is such a weak excuse. I've come to expect better posts from the hockeystar11.

Its not a weak excuse because if you were there look at how many players the flyers had over Park River. Park river was missing 4 of there players, two were very sick, one dislocated his shoulder the game before, and the other kid just didn't show up. Some of them had no excuse for not being there but they werent. You cant expect a team with 9 kids on the bench to out skate and keep up with a team running 4 lines.

You know what they say about excuses............ Anyway, any excuse is just that, weak and pointless. Had the other team won the game, no one would be on here saying anything about 4 players missing, but since they did not win, let's whine away. I would like to see Langdon and Walsh play again. When Langdon wins that game, what will the excuse be then??
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:08 pm

[quote="LB22] You cant expect a team with 9 kids on the bench to out skate and keep up with a team running 4 lines.[/quote]

Amen!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigcityhockey » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:22 pm

AC-DC wrote:[

Get more players. Rules state a roster can hold up to 23 players. G.F.Stallions have 23, Flyers have 20. By definition, they are certainly following the rules. Maybe the other teams players should show the dedication to their teammates. As the post up above states, their own coach doesn't even know if their players will show up for a game. How do you justify to your teammates missing a game for no reason? "I just didn't feel like playing today?" That works for a team.
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:05 pm

bigcityhockey wrote:[Get more players.

From where?

I have no argument with dedication issues. If they're going to play,they need to deal with it.
Last edited by AC-DC on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LB22 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:14 pm

bigcityhockey wrote:
AC-DC wrote:[

Get more players. Rules state a roster can hold up to 23 players. G.F.Stallions have 23, Flyers have 20. By definition, they are certainly following the rules. Maybe the other teams players should show the dedication to their teammates. As the post up above states, their own coach doesn't even know if their players will show up for a game. How do you justify to your teammates missing a game for no reason? "I just didn't feel like playing today?" That works for a team.

And i totally agree that there was no reason for some of those kids to miss. When you dislocate your shoulder thats one story, but to just not show up thats stupid. But get more players? This isn't like a Fargo or Forks when they have 40+ kids trying out and they can pick and choose, small towns take the 10-15 kids that they get and try to make a team.
LB22

Postby ButtonsTheClown » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:41 pm

I don't think you can blame the Fargo or Forks clubs for having larger rosters - thats just demographics. In MN, Edina, Eden Prairrie, Bloomington Jefferson (and the likes) certainly have more kids to choose from than Roseau - who's number one? It's an attitude issue. In fact I would argue that the smaller towns have an advantage because most of the players have been playing hockey together since they could put skates on. If WC cannot get 20 kids to "show up" (I'm not talking about injuries or illnesses), it's up to the coach to put an end to it and dismiss them and then it's up to the rest of them to move forward and be a team. We've all been on teams that have played short - big deal. Having 20 players is a luxury, having 20 (or 15 or 10) players that want to win or lose as a team and are committed to each other is probably your state champ.
ButtonsTheClown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RedHotChiliPeppers » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:06 pm

How does Fargo have 40+ guys to pick from, the "FARGO" Flames barely have a roster........so i dnt know what your talking about
RedHotChiliPeppers

Postby hockeystar11 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:38 pm

anyways..can we got back on topic???
who do u guys think is gonna come out on top?
hockeystar11

Next

Return to NDAHA