allstate team

throughout the state

Re: allstate team

Postby Sioux4ever » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:49 am

#18 wrote:was he good?

I really think you guys should quit worrying about if a player was good last year or if he was worthy of all-state team or not. It was last year, it will not change. As I stated in another topic, get on with this season, and try not trash talk so we can post without having everything moderated before it is allowed.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeystar11 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:41 pm

#18 wrote:was he good?

yea he was a pretty decent hockey player. definately didnt hurt the team.
hockeystar11

Postby AC-DC » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:25 am

gtown #1 wrote:theres an all-state jr gold team?

What is the selection criteria and who do they play? The only things on NDAHA are the Dakota Selects, Team ND and Elite which I thought were high school and Jr Gold.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeystar11 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:23 pm

its just a selection of the best players..they dont play any games.
hockeystar11

Postby 94hatchie » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:07 pm

i think that #17 kid from the flyers too. if he can can keep his crap together for a hole game hes a solid skater. just my .02.
94hatchie

Postby JRgoldfan » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:35 pm

hockeystar11 wrote:its just a selection of the best players..they dont play any games.

Well then I guess the whole thing is pointless then???? No wonder so many of the coaches don't take it seriously......
JRgoldfan

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:32 pm

JRgoldfan wrote:Well then I guess the whole thing is pointless then???? No wonder so many of the coaches don't take it seriously......

The coaches should take it seriously if it is something that a player is awarded, shouldn't they? Maybe they do not make a team and play, but either does the State HS. Players are voted All-EDC, All-WDA, or All-State correct? If your son was a player who was worthy of being considered one of the better players, you would want it taken seriously, I think. If it is not done seriously, then they should eliminate it as an award.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby JRgoldfan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:51 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:
JRgoldfan wrote:Well then I guess the whole thing is pointless then???? No wonder so many of the coaches don't take it seriously......

The coaches should take it seriously if it is something that a player is awarded, shouldn't they? Maybe they do not make a team and play, but either does the State HS. Players are voted All-EDC, All-WDA, or All-State correct? If your son was a player who was worthy of being considered one of the better players, you would want it taken seriously, I think. If it is not done seriously, then they should eliminate it as an award.

Maybe it's the fact that most of the clubs, outside of the 3 "big City clubs" I've come into contact with have failed to properly brief their coaches/team managers on the proper process for dealing w/ the Selection Forms.

Just my opinion, but it is what I have observed.
JRgoldfan

Postby hockeystud6 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:20 am

mntwins05 wrote:
#18 wrote:Freeman Laraway Bates
Skarda Klingbel Otto
Baune Radermacher ?

Seltvedt Johnson
? ?
? ?

Jandro
walsh county

Throw kennedy from the flyers in there for D, and #6 from the flyers in there at forward as well.

Who are the last two on there for forward??

#6 is justin sturlingson(sp) i think. i believed he played for south the past few years, hes not half bad from what ive seen, hes got a rocket for a shot to.
hockeystud6

Postby Sportshound » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:47 am

hockeystud6???
Sturlingson played for Fargo south High?? when?? Last couple of years?
Looked at varsity roster from last year?? didn't play in the State games...

But anyway-- Fargo Flyers are very good.
in Jr. gold. Many of them could play on HS teams in the state if they lived outside of Fargo South school-- say even in WF, North fargo, Jamestown and etc.

I see on a thread that they beat Shanley JV 4-2 last night.
not bad for a Club team.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedHotChiliPeppers » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:57 pm

sportshound im sorry but you are very wrong about Justin STURLAGSON, he plays for Flyers and has all year
RedHotChiliPeppers

Postby Favre#1 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:22 pm

Sturlagson played for south JV last year...your wrong
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:48 pm

you are both right...Sturlagson played on South's JV last year, and is on the flyers this year.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportshound » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:56 pm

OK Then the kid played fro F.South JV-- that is why I couldn't find him on anything.
Is hea JR or Sr. this yr?

How come not playing for South This year?
Does he play D or F???

Never heard of him that is why the questions.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:25 am

Sportshound wrote:OK Then the kid played fro F.South JV-- that is why I couldn't find him on anything.

Does he play D or F???

He played on the JV for two years so I he must be a senior forward. I am assuming that he wouldn't have played much for south if he did make the team therefore playing for the flyers.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hockeystud6 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:24 pm

Baller wrote:
Sportshound wrote:OK Then the kid played fro F.South JV-- that is why I couldn't find him on anything.

Does he play D or F???

He played on the JV for two years so I he must be a senior forward. I am assuming that he wouldn't have played much for south if he did make the team therefore playing for the flyers.

well by the way south is playing this year i think they could have used all the help they could get. so he might have played more then you think. or not im just saying
hockeystud6

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:19 am

hockeystud6 wrote:
Baller wrote:

Does he play D or F???

well by the way south is playing this year i think they could have used all the help they could get. so he might have played more then you think. or not im just saying

What number does Sturlingson (sp?) wear on the Flyers Junior Gold Team?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PondHockey14 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:36 am

Sioux4ever wrote:
hockeystud6 wrote:
Baller wrote:

Does he play D or F???

What number does Sturlingson (sp?) wear on the Flyers Junior Gold Team?
PondHockey14

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:06 pm

hockeystud6 wrote:
Baller wrote:

Does he play D or F???

South is 5-1-1 in their last 7 games, and should have taken their holiday tourney from what it appears. Don't see what you're getting at with "they could use all the help they could get"
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:07 pm

hockey high is right....
looks like South has some things rolling in the right direction.

5-1-1 in their last 7 games (lost only to GFRR)

Obviously the kid from the FFlyers Jr. Gold team made the choice.
playing for a possible State Champ(yes they have to play the tourney first--no crowning them, just yet)
in Jr. Gold.. Or play for a possible State Champ at Varsity level (which South could challenge for if they continue to move in that correct direction and do not fall backwards vs some teams in their league.
Choices, choices-- maybe he figured he wouldn't get on the team, or maybe he just wanted to work and have some time for other things?
I have not seen FFlyers Jr. Gold since they swung through the West early on. They are solid for Jr. gold...for sure a top team in the league... Haven't seen updated NDAHA standings---

What happened to the Fargo Flames? All the guys quit or what? they used to be the team to watch out for, and won the state titel last yr. in Jr. gold......
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:52 am

Sportshound wrote:What happened to the Fargo Flames? All the guys quit or what? they used to be the team to watch out for, and won the state titel last yr. in Jr. gold......

Jumped ship to the Flyers!
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigcityhockey » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:32 am

AC-DC wrote:
Sportshound wrote:What happened to the Fargo Flames? All the guys quit or what? they used to be the team to watch out for, and won the state titel last yr. in Jr. gold......

Jumped ship to the Flyers!

EXACTLY!!! The whole team jumped ship to the Flyers. Actually what I heard is that the Flyers cut their whole team from last year and recruited players from all over the place, like a Shattuck-St.Marys type of Junior Gold team. Not a single player from last year's Flyers team that placed 3rd in league and beat up on everyone but Watford City and Langdon is with the team this year. I personally could not believe they did that. Even though they had 14 returning players from last year, they said that was not good enough so they dropped them like a bad habit, and reruited a whole new team. They do however have 3 kids who played Flames on their team that were Flyers before and the Flyers junior gold team did not have enough room for them last year. So do you know what they are doing?? They are playing games with only 3 players. 1 forward, 1 defensemen, and a goalie. AND WINNING!!! Can you possibly believe that??

Sounds pretty silly right......? Now listen to yourself when you make comments like:

"What happened to the Flames team??"

"Jumped ship to the Flyers"
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_9man_DC » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:11 pm

bigcityhockey wrote:
EXACTLY!!! The whole team jumped ship to the Flyers. Actually what I heard is that the Flyers cut their whole team from last year and recruited players from all over the place, like a Shattuck-St.Marys type of Junior Gold team. Not a single player from last year's Flyers team that placed 3rd in league and beat up on everyone but Watford City and Langdon is with the team this year. I personally could not believe they did that. Even though they had 14 returning players from last year, they said that was not good enough so they dropped them like a bad habit, and reruited a whole new team. They do however have 3 kids who played Flames on their team that were Flyers before and the Flyers junior gold team did not have enough room for them last year. So do you know what they are doing?? They are playing games with only 3 players. 1 forward, 1 defensemen, and a goalie. AND WINNING!!! Can you possibly believe that??

Sounds pretty silly right......? Now listen to yourself when you make comments like:

Saying that they "recruited a whole new team" is not entirely true. I don't know about the skaters, but I do know that Vogel was the starting goaltender for them last year. He lost the starting spot to last year's Flames' goalie I believe, but he is still on the team.
ND_9man_DC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigcityhockey » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:25 am

ND_9man_DC wrote:
bigcityhockey wrote:

Saying that they "recruited a whole new team" is not entirely true. I don't know about the skaters, but I do know that Vogel was the starting goaltender for them last year. He lost the starting spot to last year's Flames' goalie I believe, but he is still on the team.

That's odd, since their goalies rotate games, they both start games...
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyman7 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:22 pm

F-Skarda-Watford
F-Otto-Langdon
F-Klingbeil-Langdon
F-Thompson-Walsh County
D-Thompson-Walsh County
D-Johnson-Watford
G-Seim-Walsh County
hockeyman7