defense

throughout the state

Re: defense

Postby sports03 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:09 am

exactly
sports03

Postby gfhockey » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:58 am

LOL im probably going to get some heat for this but why I don't join is that this leage, ndaha, doesnt even matter. What do they have 1 in every 20 years that makes it past junior gold. IM sure every high school team in the east cept shanley and whap can beat every team in junior gold.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:27 am

gfhockey wrote:LOL im probably going to get some heat for this but why I don't join is that this leage, ndaha, doesnt even matter. What do they have 1 in every 20 years that makes it past junior gold. IM sure every high school team in the east cept shanley and whap can beat every team in junior gold.

1 in every 20 years makes it past jr gold to where? To a HS team, to a Jr team?? Well, since the small towns do not have HS, this is their HS team. Let's see though, I believe from reading these threads there is a Jr gold player from Crosby playing at Minot High this year. Last year Red River had a player who was a junior gold player as a sophomore. Tom Philion from Crosby moved to Minot and then played at UND. If the pinnacle of someone's life is whether or not they made a high school hockey team, wow they are in for some future disappointment.... I know some of the families that have kids playing junior gold so I have taken notice to this topic. Most of these players at least from the bigger communities could care less if they ever made it beyond Jr Gold, they are playing because they enjoy still playing I would believe.
Every HS team in the east cept shanley and whap can beat every team in junior gold. You may be right and you may be wrong, since the HS teams cannot or will not really play them. It is a no-win situation for all involved. I'd bet the Grand Forks Stallions of the late 90's, early 00's when Red River had 90 kids trying out and Central had 35 would have beaten Central and other HS teams. We better tell HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of players they better quit hockey right now even if they are peewees or bantams because if the best they can ever be is junior gold, it doesn't even matter.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:14 pm

I was just stating my opinion why i wasnt going to get involved with those two kids in there drama fest. I mnet make it past juniors. Why would u tell hundreds of hundreds of kids they should quit? thats kind of stupid.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:21 pm

gfhockey wrote:I was just stating my opinion why i wasnt going to get involved with those two kids in there drama fest. I mnet make it past juniors. Why would u tell hundreds of hundreds of kids they should quit? thats kind of stupid.

Very few high school team kids make it to jr's or past jr's. You don't play to only go to jr's or past jr's, players play because they love the game don't they?? I can understand your point on the arguing about who's best/who's worst, it's childish, but this is a message board so people will do that. To you and the other HS players viewing this board, it doesn't matter, but to the players playing in jr gold, playing matters to them. In the end, the result is like the commercial from the NCAA, something to the lines of I am 1 of x number of student athletes not majoring in sports, ND sends what 2-5 kids to JR A maybe each year, and some years none?? Not talking about how now everything is junior A either, just Tier 2 or Tier 3, I mean Tier 1 junior A, the USHL.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:50 pm

IM not high school player, back in the late 70's, yes i was a high school player and am still activley involved in the grand forks hockey system. I think you are the kid that proabbly got cut from matt malms or tony binas team and now play for the stallions. There is nothing wrong with the stallions. At least you still get to play. I dont even know why I respond to all your childish posts and it seems liek everytime I post something, your always the first to find it and post something really stupid back.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:23 pm

gfhockey wrote:IM not high school player, back in the late 70's, yes i was a high school player and am still activley involved in the grand forks hockey system. I think you are the kid that proabbly got cut from matt malms or tony binas team and now play for the stallions. There is nothing wrong with the stallions. At least you still get to play. I dont even know why I respond to all your childish posts and it seems liek everytime I post something, your always the first to find it and post something really stupid back.

You are right, I do post back at you because your posts lack any sense of knowledge. I do not play for the Stallions nor did I ever play for the Stallions. I have friends that played Stallions though and they would have beat a few HS teams from 99-01. At least I have knowledge of both leagues, you come on to the NDAHA topic and start bashing the jr gold players. By reading my posts you would know that I have friends who have Children playing Jr Gold right now and they do not think any less of themselves bc they are playing jr gold. The kids post on here and talk trash, you have to take that for what it is though, kids being kids.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby koozy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:42 pm

gfhockey wrote:LOL im probably going to get some heat for this but why I don't join is that this leage, ndaha, doesnt even matter. What do they have 1 in every 20 years that makes it past junior gold. IM sure every high school team in the east cept shanley and whap can beat every team in junior gold.

Your statement above is complete BS. And if your a coach, im dang glad I dont play for you. Sure only 1 in 20 make it to jr's or past, but thats is not the point of playing hockey. Like sioux4ever said, we play bc we like the sport, not to see how far we can get.
koozy

Postby dcs01 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:07 pm

who are you?
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sports03 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:15 pm

ya gf ur a terrible coach if you are one... and i'm pretty sure this league does matter... get a life... and dont comeback with your stupid comment on i bet you got cut from his team or anything like that... you ever realize mayb some kids would make HS but they dont want to play the politics or any other stuff like that... you're probly the guy that makes kids want to quit hockey with your negative atitude towards the lesser leagues... from what i've seen some of these teams could probly beat shanley or whap like you seem to not think
sports03

Postby gfhockey » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:07 am

i said they could beat them
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby money2128 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:34 am

based on most of the posts i have read from gfhockey no matter what team you play for whether its East, West, or junior gold, unless you are invovled with the red river or central program, I basically get the feeling he is saying YOU struggle.
He obviously has no respect for the rest of the state when it comes to hockey.
which is ridiculous.
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:04 pm

money2128 wrote:based on most of the posts i have read from gfhockey no matter what team you play for whether its East, West, or junior gold, unless you are invovled with the red river or central program, I basically get the feeling he is saying YOU struggle.
He obviously has no respect for the rest of the state when it comes to hockey.
which is ridiculous.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:26 pm

closed
rep

Previous

Return to NDAHA