Trouble with the site

Postby klg_11 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:16 am

Anybody else been having troubles with this site lately. The other day it would say error of some sort. But for the last couple hours today until just now it would say the website could not be showed.
klg_11

Postby klg_11 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:18 am

it also seems to be running a little slower. i dont think its just my computer because all other sites have been working just fine.
klg_11

Postby rep » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:06 am

i don't think it is just your comp...i've been having troubles with it also.
rep

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:43 am

They were having problems with the server, the other sites on it were having problems as well.  It seems to be running normally again now.  Sorry for the problems, It was a little out of my hands.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby klg_11 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:59 am

NDSportsFan wrote:They were having problems with the server, the other sites on it were having problems as well.  It seems to be running normally again now.  Sorry for the problems, It was a little out of my hands.

haha no problem, ya it seems to be all up to speed again, i was just making sure my computer wasnt crappin out on me,
klg_11

Postby T-Bone » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:33 pm

Haha, ya, i was definitely wondering the same thing. Everything worked fine except for this site. Kinda hoped my computer wasn't getting messed up. All good now tho.
T-Bone

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:33 am

Why so much trouble with the site lately?  When you type in the address it doesn't work.  I know there are ways around it to see the forums, but most people don't do that which means there is little discussion when the site is almost constantly down.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Pfenix » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:26 pm

There was even a couple of times when the site was hacked a few weeks ago by a group called MuslimHackers.  I mean what is up with all this?
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:29 pm

Sorry everyone, I have been out of the country for the past 10 days or so, and most of the last week I was on a remote Island in the Philippines without internet access, so I was unable to check and see if customer support for wowbb was able to get the site back online.  Unfortunately they sort of ignored my request.

I will be back home in a few days and will look into trying a new format and a new hosting provider, I've gotten too frustrated with the constant down-time lately and it's not fair to everyone who has put so much time into the site. 

Thank you for you continued support,  hopefully there are no further interruptions.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:59 pm

how can you get around the problem to post and still few the discussions??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:52 am

baseball wrote:how can you get around the problem to post and still few the discussions??

start on any page except the home page. the forum's and other posts connect, but the homepage is dead.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:19 am

Yes, just like point/center said you need to add a forum to the end of the address.  For instance, http://www.northdakotapreps.com/forum30 is the 9man fball forum I believe.  Then you can get on the site and navigate around.
Last edited by ndlionsfan on Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Deuce » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:14 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Yes, just like point/center said you need to add a forum to the end of the address.  For instance, http://www.northdakotapreps.com/forum30 is the 9man fball forum I believe.  Then you can get on the site and navigate around.

You can go to http://www.northdakotapreps.com/Category2 and it will show you the forumns.  It won't show you some of the other stuff on the home page like who's logged in but you will get the list of forumns.
Last edited by Deuce on Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:45 pm

For some reason the index.php file keeps getting corrupted every so often and they have to keep replacing it.  I've made a copy of the file and so if it happens again I can fix it myself right away.  If that doesn't work, or if this problem keeps happening then I will just bite the bullet and check with moving the whole site to a new host and possible work on converting it to a different format, if that's possible.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:15 am

The same thing happened again, and this time I was unable to fix it.  At least I was able to get some customer support early this morning to restore it. 

I'm hoping to have the site moved to a new host and possibly to a new format sometime this week.  I've been in discussion with 2 different web designers who specialize in custom forums.  One would be an easy conversion to a slightly different wowbb format with a new hosting provider, and the other does phpbb3 forums and hopefully we could find a conversion program to upload the database to that format if I decide to go with him.   The easy conversion should only take days, the new format (phpbb3) would take a little longer.

Either way the site is going to get changed because I've worn out my nerves with all this down time.  If it should be out again temporarily, please be patient because soon we hope to be back with a bigger/better message board that doesn't shut down all the time.    

Thanks
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:59 am

Once again the index file was corrupted.  It seems the problems are probably originating from a foreign server which has had a lot of problems with hacking.

All I can say is please bear with us, the new site is being developed as I write this and I hope to have everything converted over hopefully in days.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:25 am

Keep up the great work.  I'm sure when you consider the hours you put in, you think  you might be a bit underpaid!:) We truly appreciate your efforts!
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Re: Trouble with the site

Postby champ24 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:26 am

i want to know if i'm the only one who has trouble getting around. i can check one or two forums and then it locks up on me. if i'm the only one, is there a suggestion? i've never had this problem before, but ever since the new site has gone up, i've been struggling with this. thanks!
champ24

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:33 am

I think it's just you. Anybody else having problems?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:48 pm

I've experienced it but not consistently. It probably only happens to me when the site server is busy. Have not had the trouble for several weeks, though.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:42 pm

Go to User Control Panel and Profile. Then click Edit Avatar. You avatar is your picture that shows up on all of your posts.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:32 pm

You cannot change your name. If you want to delete your account and start a new one, I can delete it for you. If you want to change your username, let me know what you would like it changed to and I can do that. As far as editing or deleting posts, here is the info:

How do I edit or delete a post?
Unless you are a board administrator or moderator, you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post by clicking the edit button for the relevant post, sometimes for only a limited time after the post was made. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic which lists the number of times you edited it along with the date and time. This will only appear if someone has made a reply; it will not appear if a moderator or administrator edited the post, though they may leave a note as to why they’ve edited the post at their own digression. Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.

You will find most of your answers in the FAQ, near the search option. Hopefully this helps a little. Thanks
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:30 am

PM him
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Announcements, Feedback, and Suggestions