State Soccer

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:25 am

The 2 pools are set after the west region tournament just getting finished saturday. its dumb because st. marys was the number 1 seed almost the whole year in the west and then loses to jamestown in a shootout and now doenst make state. jamestown has won like what 2 or 3 games all year. there shouldnt be a west region tournament when there is only 6 teams in the region, they play each team twice.

Pool 1
1. south
2. century
3. shanley
4. jamestown

Pool 2
1. bis high
2. red river
3. minot
4. north

im predicting a south vs rr championship. south basically has a free ride there, no teams in there pool stand a chance to beat them.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:30 pm

someone correct me if im wrong, but I believe quite a few starters for St. Mary's didn't play at WDA.  I think this is the first time St. Mary's has never qualified for state.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:19 am

Ming01 wrote:someone correct me if im wrong, but I believe quite a few starters for St. Mary's didn't play at WDA.  I think this is the first time St. Mary's has never qualified for state.

I don't know but Tim Mueller can't coach a team in the post season....when is St. Mary's going to figure out that he is not a good coach and only can ride his players' talent for so long?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bin128 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:36 pm

No one has a chance of beating South....?  What chance did you give a team like Jamestown of beating St. Mary's?
bin128
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:54 pm

Baller wrote:
Ming01 wrote:someone correct me if im wrong, but I believe quite a few starters for St. Mary's didn't play at WDA.  I think this is the first time St. Mary's has never qualified for state.

I don't know but Tim Mueller can't coach a team in the post season....when is St. Mary's going to figure out that he is not a good coach and only can ride his players' talent for so long?

good point... I think he's a good coach though, but I guess you have to consider St. Mary's soccer curse... what is it 0 for 12 in the state championship combined for boys and girls?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:57 am

Anyone have scores from today??
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EDC » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:33 pm

GFRR99 wrote:The 2 pools are set after the west region tournament just getting finished saturday. its dumb because st. marys was the number 1 seed almost the whole year in the west and then loses to jamestown in a shootout and now doenst make state. jamestown has won like what 2 or 3 games all year. there shouldnt be a west region tournament when there is only 6 teams in the region, they play each team twice.

Pool 1
1. south
2. century
3. shanley
4. jamestown

Pool 2
1. bis high
2. red river
3. minot
4. north

im predicting a south vs rr championship. south basically has a free ride there, no teams in there pool stand a chance to beat them.

Ummm???? Now what do you have to say?
Last edited by EDC on Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:34 pm

bin128 wrote:No one has a chance of beating South....?  What chance did you give a team like Jamestown of beating St. Mary's?

Guess what - you are wrong!
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bin128 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:28 pm

GFRR99 wrote:im predicting a south vs rr championship. south basically has a free ride there, no teams in there pool stand a chance to beat them.

You should take your prognistications to Vegas!  South loses to scoreless games on PK shootouts to Century and Shanley!
bin128
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:44 pm

Is that what you get when you take an easy bracket too easily?

Red River almost did that in hockey last year, got lucky and pulled it back in the last 3 minutes of the game.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby soccer7 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:07 pm

Shanley finished best in the east beating south which was said to have a free ride to the championchip
soccer7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:30 am

don't act like shanley shouldve beat south. south dominated the whole game and easily shouldve won. shanley maybe had 3 shots the whole game, south had over 15. they got unlucky this weekend because they couldnt finish. same story against century. they didn't give up 1 goal in any of the games and end up taking 5th, its not fair. congrats shanley, you won in a shootout where you controlled the ball 15% of the time. bravo
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan1 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:12 pm

GFRR99 wrote:don't act like shanley shouldve beat south. south dominated the whole game and easily shouldve won. shanley maybe had 3 shots the whole game, south had over 15. they got unlucky this weekend because they couldnt finish. same story against century. they didn't give up 1 goal in any of the games and end up taking 5th, its not fair. congrats shanley, you won in a shootout where you controlled the ball 15% of the time. bravo

yikes.  bitter?
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby soccer09 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:51 pm

lol.... didn't south give up a goal against "your team"? and if u go to rr why are u complaining about the unfairness of the tournament? if anything the teams in the south century shanley pool should be complaining, all 3 fought hard games only to watch the pool champ from the other side get beat 4-1. the thing about soccer is that u cant compare things like that.....it ends up being as fair as it can be. south to be sure was a very good team this year, but the stat sheet said shots for shanley/south was right around equal...shanley had its chances and south had theirs. as for the 15% possession.... we know thats wrong. South surely had more possession in the OT's, which one could attribute to shanley not being as deep as south, but the game was no miracle upset......the halves were even. same for century....

if i were from rr id be more worried bout what happened in your games.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Re: State Soccer

Postby anderson16 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:07 am

You know what...Shanley was a good team this year though. Yeah South is always a dominant team but Shanley really had a good team and I wasn't surprised it ended up that way.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:05 am

anderson16 wrote:You know what...Shanley was a good team this year though. Yeah South is always a dominant team but Shanley really had a good team and I wasn't surprised it ended up that way.

Shanley was good. Hard to say that Shanley was better than South - but they were closer than what some give them credit for. The underdog wins every now and then.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby anderson16 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:04 pm

Yeah I mean I'm not saying they were better than South cuz not many teams can be, but they were good for sure.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SEC » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:59 pm

South was easily the best team in the state hands down.
SEC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EDC » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:56 pm

SEC wrote:South was easily the best team in the state hands down.

Now there you go and make a statement like that.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby soccer09 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:38 pm

how does a team that goes 2-2 at state be considered the best team in the state? south was quality for sure, and will be dominant next year, but even if the 2 losses were shootouts they still didnt score for 2 games straight..... and with their offensive talent that makes noooo sense. Still wondering how they lost to century, but to be fair we all realize now that one pool was significantly harder then the other..... all the winners on saturday (5th, 3rd, and 1st) came from the same side of the bracket, and bhs got blown out.....
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Return to Soccer