deleted accounts

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:09 pm

One of the new posters had some input, but ruined it by using inappropriate references and a stupid username.  Basically if I'd be embarressed to have my 10 year old son read it, I'm deleting it and if I don't like your username, I'm deleting your account.  I'm recording the email, and IP, addresses of deleted accounts, they are welcome to re-register and post appropriately, however I have various methods of banning people from this board who don't follow the rules.  I've put too much time into developing a site that is fun for everyone, to let people ruin it for others by acting dumb.  If you are dumb, you better do a reasonable job of acting mature while you are on my board.

If you took the time to register just to say that someone "not cool" then don't bother.  Also I can sympathize with complaining about referees, however do it in a manner which doesn't sound like a 9th grader rant.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:32 am

Thank you and 100% agreed. Good work!
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:14 pm

Also if you start topics specifically to attack other members, I will just ban you.  I don't have the time to issue warnings, or edit posts, so it's much easier for me just to enter you onto the banned list.  I will have a zero tolerance for profanity, whether it's misspelled  or not, no warnings, just bannings.  You might find your way onto the board again somehow, but I will just do it again, takes about 10 seconds.  Your friends can thank you if they get banned for having the same IP address. 

Some of those things might be acceptable on other boards, but because of the younger members on this one, we will hold ourselves to a higher standard.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 4for4 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:15 pm

Jees you're intimidating, I wish I had that kind of authority.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:17 pm

My previous post was done when I was upset at people who didn't follow the rules.  Perhaps it came off a little strong.

You'll understand it if someday you have a young son or daughter who enjoys sports and reading the message board.  He or she certainly doesn't need to be subjected to people calling each other names or dropping F-bombs all the time.  We can refrain from doing that for a little while during our time here and make it one site you don't have to worry about your child looking at.

Also if you are not strict about it then people think they have some entitlement to break the rules.  The fact is I did put a lot of time into getting it started and It does cost me money to pay for board leasing and web hosting.  Anybody can have there own board if they just do the same things, and they can run it however they want.  I'm sorry if that sounds intimidating, I really don't want to ban anybody, but some people have deserved it.  I greatly appreciate those who come here and use this as a positive resource, it makes the effort by myself and our unpaid moderators well worth the effort.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:49 am

I like that no questions asked policy. If they use profanity in the message board, just ban'em.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby me0101 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:17 pm

banned.
me0101

Postby klg_11 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:34 pm

me0101 wrote:banned.

thank you moderators.
klg_11