MSU-Bottineau Football Team

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby Irisheyes » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:17 pm

Anyone heard who is going to coach this team?  I wonder what $$ they are paying and when they will actually start playing?
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:02 pm

I am more interested in who are they going to play, are they going to play in the MN league or down in Iowa with science.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Irisheyes » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:38 pm

Sounds like they are going to be with northland cc, and the rest of the minnesota schools.  I wonder who all applied for that job?  Anyone know of any names? 
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:25 am

I have  not heard any names thrown around. I wonder what the pay is and how many people they plan to staff for the program.

I would think it would be pretty had to get grad assistants at a two year school.

They need a head coach who would coordinate the offense or defense, another coorinator for the other, and about 6 other position coaches.

It's going to be tough to bring in that many coaches to a new program starting from scratch.

I hope it works out well and they kick butt.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Irisheyes » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:55 am

Any chance at them getting Larry Sandy or Brad Sandy?  Brad used to live there I think.  How about Enget from Stanley or are they looking broad?  Haven't heard anything yet but I would think you want a local area high school coach to improve your recruiting right away the first year?  Maybe anyone can recruit this area but I think it would defentiley help to know the people and other coaches in the area to help recruit. 
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vballfan06 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:39 pm

my question is, how are they funding this and why? they don't put enough money into their other sports to make them successful.  i know it's tough to recruit to bottineau---but for everyone outside of a 45 mile radius of williston---says it's in the middle of nowhere just like bottineau---and they have talented teams all the time.

i hope it works out for them. but i'd really like to see them invest more in their current ball clubs.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby Irisheyes » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:51 pm

Good Point.  Think of this however, 40-60 or more (hopefully) students paying tuition.  Think of it as an investment so to speak.  That will attract more kids and such to that school.  Plus, I bet they loose a lot of students that would like to play football and be a forestry service type deal or along those line of students.  It really could be unique.  Along with the athlete that wants to go to play basketball and baseball too.  I think you have to think of this as an investment.  Juco's always have a money crunch but maybe you'll have more money to give scholarships when you get a larger base of students??  I am not sure but that has to be along there lines of thinking. 
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby point/center » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:39 am

word from Bottineau was they raised 200k in about a month in half from Alumni to kick it off. I'd hope a public instiuition of higher learning would have a pretty good template laid out and step by step process to make it happen. I'm not comparing them to NDSU, but saying Bottineau needs to a a simimilar approach. If X doesnt happen then go back to W and see what else can be done. If X works proceed to Y. NDSU's move up is an amazing success. Here's hoping for the good of the State that UMary and UND along with Bottineau have success.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:41 am

considering the poor standing of the dac right now, i'm kind of surprised they haven't asked them to join. they might be a team that mayville state can handle.
rep

Postby point/center » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:43 am

rep wrote:considering the poor standing of the dac right now, i'm kind of surprised they haven't asked them to join. they might be a team that mayville state can handle.

is it true no one won the spring game at MaSU?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:48 am

point/center wrote:
rep wrote:considering the poor standing of the dac right now, i'm kind of surprised they haven't asked them to join. they might be a team that mayville state can handle.

not a clue...i thought i heard something about how they either thought they would have a bunch of people coming for visits and they didn't show for the spring practice or maybe they didn't have anyone coming.

spring seems a long time ago though and i might be completely wrong there.
rep

Postby point/center » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:51 am

rep wrote:
point/center wrote:

not a clue...i thought i heard something about how they either thought they would have a bunch of people coming for visits and they didn't show for the spring practice or maybe they didn't have anyone coming.

sorry rep. poor attempt at humor. like nobody wins in a MaSU intrasquad scrimmage or in alumni game.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:55 am

point/center wrote:
rep wrote:
point/center wrote:

sorry rep. poor attempt at humor. like nobody wins in a MaSU intrasquad scrimmage or in alumni game.

now i get it...i was up till like 2 a.m. watching rising sun last night...i have been awake for about four hours now but i'm just starting to wake up (or so i thought)...need cafine or something.
rep

Postby ballgame_35 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:43 pm

I think MSU-B new coach's name is Darwin Routledge.  He used to coach for Westhope and since I think has been to a couple other schools in the NC part of the state.

The way it sounds is he will be starting in the next week or so.  That way he will be able to recruite all of this year.  They won't begin play until the fall of '08.
ballgame_35

Re: MSU-Bottineau Football Team

Postby WhiteSnake » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:41 pm

the coach is gonna be darwin routledge
and yeah there gettin all new stuff
You're either first, or you're last
WhiteSnake
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old lineman » Thu May 01, 2008 8:45 pm

On the MSU bott, web page they have a listing of a roster and a schedule, They should compete with there schedule, Wahp will probably be too tough but it will be a grat measuring stick. Good luck. Lots of local kids and that is great to see.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Thu May 01, 2008 10:27 pm

Wow there is a lot of guys from nd. The one name that caught my attention was frankie lopez from Turtle Lake. From what I hear he is a very good running back and I was impressed with his strength and quickness in basketball. I wish the program nothing but success in the future.
PA42

Postby 3nout » Thu May 08, 2008 10:08 am

It will be fun to watch some of the ND kids play. Hats off to Coach Routledge for recruiting some good ND talent. Best of luck Lumberjacks.
3nout
NDPreps Starter

Postby old lineman » Thu May 08, 2008 6:57 pm

Eddie Kulm from, U-Mary to MSU Bott.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ticket0115 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:07 am

Definenly Eddie Cullum great pickup for the Lumberjacks........Really Interested to see what he can do.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Wed May 28, 2008 11:28 pm

anybody know why Eddie switched schools? You'd think he'd want to stick with the D-II school. But I wish him the best of luck anyway.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby #50mandan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:29 pm

eddie has always had a passion for the game, and im happy for him that hes gonna play again
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jacks56 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:10 pm

What do you guys think of this new Lumberjacks Football team??
Jacks56
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:01 pm

I think we all knew they were going to struggle this year. First year putting a team together is going to be difficult. But God bless 'em - they are giving more North Dakota kids a chance to continue playing the game they love. I hope they can stick with ND kids and build a winner - not like NDSCS does, recruiting so heavily out of state.

This might be a selfish statement, but i want to see my tax dollars go to putting uniforms on North Dakota kids, not some hired guns from Florida or Texas or wherever. So the more ND kids that MSU-B can recruit and play, the better in my opinion.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jacks56 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:24 am

I play linebacker for the Jacks. I played football for Grand Forks Central, never started one game on varsity ( It was hard to when through my whole high school career I played behind players like Ryan Kasowski, Tony Svare, and Jake Landry). Now I start at middle linebacker. So there is a good indication that this is a program for those players from ND who have been over looked. It gives players that second chance to keep playing the game.

But we are giving it our all. And I'll speak for the team on this one, we really respect and enjoy the encouragement from all the fans and people who are hoping the best for us. GO JACKS!!
Jacks56
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges