Best FB player from North Dakota

Postby rumbles » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:44 am

[user=566]#50mandan[/user] wrote:
DID JIMMY KLEINSASSER RUN THE 100 METER IN HIGH SCHOOL? I HEARD HE DID  AND WAT WAS HIS WEIGHT IN HIGH SCHOOL BECAUSE RIGHT NOW HES LIKE 270 AND THATS ALOT OF WEIGHT OUT ON THE TRACK BUT THATS AN ATHLETE
im not sure if he ran the 100 but i think he still holds the record for longest shotput throw unless it has been broken by now. Weather he ran or not i dont know but i know he was very fast for his size
Last edited by rumbles on Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cardinal10 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:15 pm

rumbles wrote:[user=566]#50mandan[/user] wrote:
DID JIMMY KLEINSASSER RUN THE 100 METER IN HIGH SCHOOL? I HEARD HE DID? AND WAT WAS HIS WEIGHT IN HIGH SCHOOL BECAUSE RIGHT NOW HES LIKE 270 AND THATS ALOT OF WEIGHT OUT ON THE TRACK BUT THATS AN ATHLETE
im not sure if he ran the 100 but i think he still holds the record for longest shotput throw unless it has been broken by now. Weather he ran or not i dont know but i know he was very fast for his size

I'm not sure if he ran the 100, but I know he qualified for state in the 200 (23.0), no one like being in the lanes next to him for fear of being hit by a stray elbow plus he ran the 4 x 200 relay for Carrington, besides being state champ in shot and discus.  I could start a rumor about him running the hurdles and breaking every one of them and people would probably believe it.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaldEagle » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:52 am

Actually LeClair played for South St Paul, easily mistaken for St Paul.
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaldEagle » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:56 am

BaldEagle wrote:Actually LeClair played for South St Paul, easily mistaken for St Paul.

Former US Senator from ND, Quentin Burdick played for Minnesota when they were good.  He blocked for Bronko Nagurski.

Didn't Roger Maris have a scholarship offer from Bud Wilkinson at Oklahoma?
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby helloyall » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:41 pm

what about kyle steffes he absolutly dominated football in all of his years at trinity and is getting looked at by nfl scouts. did anyone see his senior year at the state championship when he scored like 6 touchdowns in the first half.
go twins
helloyall
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SportsAreLife » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:49 pm

helloyall wrote:what about kyle steffes he absolutly dominated football in all of his years at trinity and is getting looked at by nfl scouts. did anyone see his senior year at the state championship when he scored like 6 touchdowns in the first half.

That is still a Dakota Bowl record. I also heard that at the NDSU combine he ran like  one of the fastest shuttle runs overall with all the combines, but also that his 40 was really bad.
SportsAreLife

Postby Mauer07 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:14 pm

I wish him good luck and hope to see him in the pros one day
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SportsAreLife » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:10 pm

Mauer07 wrote:I wish him good luck and hope to see him in the pros one day

Me too. I would like to see more pro athletes from No. Dak.
SportsAreLife

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:23 pm

I wish him good luck and pray that he doesn't get involved with the minnesota vikings, talk about a career ruiner haha
project-pat

Postby Roughrider » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:32 pm

Hey, there is nothing wrong with the Minnesota Vikings. They are just in some down years:)
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SportsAreLife » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:42 pm

Roughrider wrote:Hey, there is nothing wrong with the Minnesota Vikings. They are just in some down years:)

Hay I'm still a Vikings fan, but I'm careful to tell many people that right now.
SportsAreLife

Postby Roughrider » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:57 pm

SportsAreLife wrote:
Roughrider wrote:Hey, there is nothing wrong with the Minnesota Vikings. They are just in some down years:)

Hay I'm still a Vikings fan, but I'm careful to tell many people that right now.

hahahahahaha, me too kind of
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:19 pm

the Minnesota Vikings organization is a black hole for football players, they go in and they are NEVER the same.
project-pat

Postby Roughrider » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:31 pm

project-pat wrote:the Minnesota Vikings organization is a black hole for football players, they go in and they are NEVER the same.

they were a few years ago but now they have completely redone their entire front office so it will turn around very quickly. At least i hope
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby knights4 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:04 pm

don't count on it
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:10 am

Lets keep this on topic, and not on the vikings. Thanks
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rkmt » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:53 am

cardinal10 wrote:
rumbles wrote:[user=566]#50mandan[/user] wrote:
DID JIMMY KLEINSASSER RUN THE 100 METER IN HIGH SCHOOL? I HEARD HE DID? AND WAT WAS HIS WEIGHT IN HIGH SCHOOL BECAUSE RIGHT NOW HES LIKE 270 AND THATS ALOT OF WEIGHT OUT ON THE TRACK BUT THATS AN ATHLETE

I'm not sure if he ran the 100, but I know he qualified for state in the 200 (23.0), no one like being in the lanes next to him for fear of being hit by a stray elbow plus he ran the 4 x 200 relay for Carrington, besides being state champ in shot and discus.  I could start a rumor about him running the hurdles and breaking every one of them and people would probably believe it.

Yeah, I saw both his record setting shot throw (over 62') and him anchoring a relay.  I thought it was the 4x100, but it doesn't matter which.  I just know it was amazing to watch, it was kind of scary actually. 
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby Roughrider » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:53 pm

Matt Anderson could be one of the next players to come out and make it big. he was a tank when he played for cavalier. i would pick him as one of the best.
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:00 pm

Roughrider wrote:Matt Anderson could be one of the next players to come out and make it big. he was a tank when he played for cavalier. i would pick him as one of the best.

Him and Landon Smith. Ironically, they are roomates now.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:08 am

[user=1086]Roughrider[/user] wrote:
Matt Anderson could be one of the next players to come out and make it big. he was a tank when he played for cavalier. i would pick him as one of the best.

Some people would argue Trenbeath was the best to come out of Cavalier. I have them as 1a and 1b. But I agree if Anderson can stay healthy he could play at the next level.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:11 am

I was reading in the forum that he's (Anderson) listed as the backup LB as a freshman in a pretty talented group of players, going into spring practice.

I also see Matt Kittleson is listed as a backup and he's starting his soph. season.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby SportsAreLife » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:14 pm

NDSportsFan wrote: I was reading in the forum that he's (Anderson) listed as the backup LB as a freshman in a pretty talented group of players, going into spring practice.

I also see Matt Kittleson is listed as a backup and he's starting his soph. season.

I think Anderson could battle for some serious playing time this year, along with Smith.
SportsAreLife

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:46 am

Here's a name from the past.

Anyone remember Fred Walker from May-Port?

He carried May - Port on his back for three years as a running back. And I think at least one state championship if not two.

He was the state champ in the 200 meter dash and runner up in the 100.

And took 3rd in State wrestling in the heavy weight division. I think he weighed around 230 his senior year.

He was the male athlete of the year in 1986 I think.

He was going to play football at UND but broke his neck in the Shrine game and never played a down of football again.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby SportsAreLife » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:51 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Here's a name from the past.

Anyone remember Fred Walker from May-Port?

He carried May - Port on his back for three years as a running back. And I think at least one state championship if not two.

He was the state champ in the 200 meter dash and runner up in the 100.

And took 3rd in State wrestling in the heavy weight division. I think he weighed around 230 his senior year.

He was the male athlete of the year in 1986 I think.

He was going to play football at UND but broke his neck in the Shrine game and never played a down of football again.

That's what you call really really bad luck. Sounds like he was a freak.
SportsAreLife

Postby point/center » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:24 pm

not about who went on to excel in the college game or in the pro's. but Brian Dykema was a machine at Strausburg Zeeland.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football