Frolf

All other important sports and activities.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ming01 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:46 pm

Wanted to see if there are any frolfers or disc golfers (in case anybody yells at me) out there.  I like Mandan's new course and both of Bismarck's.  Even though Sibley is one of the hardest courses.  Also Dickinson has a great course.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Weezy Baby » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:50 am

i like to play, i have only played at dickinson two courses tho so i cant comment on any others. my brother plays all the time, and i go with sometimes. its a very fun sport.
Weezy Baby

Postby T-Bone » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:10 pm

Frolfin is a pretty sweet sport. Not gonna lie. I've only played a couple times but it still dominates.
T-Bone

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:15 pm

I think i might take a sick day from school, travel up to dickinson, and play a couple rounds of Frolf, experience it for myself.
project-pat

Postby T-Bone » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:19 pm

Haha, i'll join ya
T-Bone

Postby knights4 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:22 pm

i've never played folf, but it sounds pretty cool, i suppose i'll have to make a trip to grand forks, when our snow melts
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby anderson16 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:25 pm

knights4 wrote:i've never played folf, but it sounds pretty cool, i suppose i'll have to make a trip to grand forks, when our snow melts

Yeah dude GF has a good course, where you from?
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:34 pm

Golf is still my favorite kind of -olf though haha, Frolf is pretty sweet too, but in all fairness, golf was here first
project-pat

Postby Mauer07 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:36 pm

it is pretty fun to do with all your buddies on a hot summer day
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby knights4 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:41 pm

small town about 1 hr from GF
Last edited by knights4 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:13 pm

i try to go frolfing as much as i can... everybody i know in bismarck frolfs
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby T-Bone » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:59 pm

project-pat wrote:Golf is still my favorite kind of -olf though haha, Frolf is pretty sweet too, but in all fairness, golf was here first

I'll agree with you on this one pat. Golfin is still definitely my favorite -olf, even tho frolf is pretty sweet.
T-Bone

Postby ndsubisonfan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:49 pm

frolf is pretty fun but if your garbage at it like me then its frustrating
ndsubisonfan

Postby threeball » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:38 am

mandan has a pretty nice coarse
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:48 am

I love frolfing but it not cool in the F-M area because three of the four courses are along the red river and always flood so it can take a little while for them to dry out. But until then you just go in your bare feet and take discs people leave behind.  Haha
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:53 pm

i know williston has a course but i dont think it is anything to brag about, i havent tried it yet but i definetly will have to look into it this summer, where is the one at dickinson located?
klg_11

Postby Ming01 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:15 pm

klg_11 wrote:i know williston has a course but i dont think it is anything to brag about, i havent tried it yet but i definetly will have to look into it this summer, where is the one at dickinson located?

I am pretty sure there's one by Patterson Lake
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby klg_11 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:46 am

Ming01 wrote:
klg_11 wrote:i know williston has a course but i dont think it is anything to brag about, i havent tried it yet but i definetly will have to look into it this summer, where is the one at dickinson located?

I am pretty sure there's one by Patterson Lake

alright thanks, im headin down there in july (movin down there)  and i was just wonderin
klg_11

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu May 10, 2007 6:23 am

I would have to say that GF has a nice course, a little muddy in the spring but where in ND isn't it?  I think i chopped done hundreds of trees there.

Devils Lake has somewhat of a tough course, it is in open prairie with a lot of wind, they have that little creek and small pond that swallows up discs.  Made the mistake of playing with a $22 disc there and lost it in the first round I played with it, from now on, if I am going to play with the cheaper $9 discs. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu May 10, 2007 10:08 am

Mauer07 wrote:it is pretty fun to do with all your buddies on a hot summer day

I like the fees!  I am sure it is only a matter of time before there are fees!  I hope there isn't!

We usually take a backpack full of beverages and get going.  Good way to spend a saturday afternoon.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Thu May 10, 2007 11:23 am

There is one up by Rocky Butte Park right by the North Pool
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby power-aid14 » Sat May 12, 2007 6:22 pm

the best one has to be polaris park in Minot where one of the "holes" is a challenge becuz you have to throw your disc over the tennis courts....its tight.....there is also a tunnel hole....its pimp.....there is also a treerow hole where you need to have mad skill to pass it....its gangsta
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu May 17, 2007 4:30 am

When I was at Jamestown College, some of the guys made their own courses.  I heard those were pretty fun. 

Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Thu May 17, 2007 8:08 pm

I brought out the frisbee the other day for school...and I was a little rusty, not as accurate as I once was. I can do a few tricks with it though...like do the one bounce and soar...those are pretty sweet.
project-pat

Re: Frolf

Postby iplod34 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:53 pm

they put some up in steele and linton. i never been to them but i heard lintons is pretty tough becuz of all the hills and trees. i hope to make a trip down to both of these courses. ive been to all the dickinson and bismarck ones (love them all haha) and the one by oak grove (also love it) but im tryin to get about a week off and just go frolfing at all the courses i havent been to, mainly fargo and GF ones. im pretty sure ill need alot longer then a week tho haha :D
A team will always appreciate a great individual if he's willing to sacrifice for the group. You can't win if you don't play as a unit.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
iplod34
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Other Sports