Should location be mandatory?

Postby Fritoman » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:56 am

After reading these forums for a few months, I've come to the conclusion that many members do not put their location in thier profile.  I think it should be mandatory that you have your actual location.  It would maybe stop some of the trash talking.  Just and idea.

Matt
Fritoman
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:03 am

Fritoman wrote:After reading these forums for a few months, I've come to the conclusion that many members do not put their location in thier profile.  I think it should be mandatory that you have your actual location.  It would maybe stop some of the trash talking.  Just and idea.

Matt

why would it be mandatory if people want to be anonomyous i think they can be

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Fritoman » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:06 am

I think it would just stop a lot of trash talking from people that are scared to post where they are from.  This is Biggie btw, I just noticed I was logged into my dad's account.
Fritoman
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:51 am

it would be like making peoples account name be thier actually name although that would make things a lot more interesting

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:12 pm

personally i would like it, but then again i'm pretty open with who i am in real life on here. some people don't or can't or if they do, they would have to guard their opinions (the whole big brother is watching you thing i suppose).

tough to say really. whichever way does it (anonymous or not), i'm all for whatever generates the most honest and thought-provoking conversations.
rep

Postby klg_11 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:28 pm

i like the idea of it being mandatory
klg_11

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:45 pm

I'd love if it could happen but with 1700 members and growing there is just no way it can be policed right. I could say I'm from Dickinson (Which I'm not) write something bad about Fargo South and then Fargo South people think its a dickinson person when actually it was probably a Minot person. That was just an example.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby klg_11 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:06 pm

i might have too much time on my hands but i was looking at the members and decided to click on the button to sort them in order of location. the blank location ones came up first and there are 33.5 pages of blank locations out of a total 44 pages of members.

Out of those 10.5 pages of location listers about half of them lie. or just say USA or North Dakota or Montana, there are probably about a page or 2 of people who list everything.

These facts would make it impossible to try and start now people naming location when there are already this many people with none listed. It would be nice if everyone did say their location, but it will never happen.

MY:2cents:
klg_11

Return to Announcements, Feedback, and Suggestions