Sportsmanship

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ace » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:29 pm

project-pat wrote:
ace wrote:I did notice how the entire crowd except for the trinity section was cheering for parshall.... i was glad to see that and i no its not good to bring a air horn and its bad sportsmanship, but whoever did it has some balls and i thought it was funny, rising didnt miss the free throw cuz of it...

I'm dying to play in that type of atmosphere. 9,200 people, with over 3/4 cheering against you. That would just make me wanna bust it that much more.

Oh yeah, it's really funny when a game has to be held up because of one idiot fan.

big deal..... maybe they should of anounced over the mike, "all u people not from parshall stop cheering for parshall, it is unfair and very disrespectful to dickinson trinity" sound like a good idea???....... n im really sorry the game got stopped for what 25 seconds at most
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:30 pm

ace wrote:
project-pat wrote:
ace wrote:I did notice how the entire crowd except for the trinity section was cheering for parshall.... i was glad to see that and i no its not good to bring a air horn and its bad sportsmanship, but whoever did it has some balls and i thought it was funny, rising didnt miss the free throw cuz of it...

I'm dying to play in that type of atmosphere. 9,200 people, with over 3/4 cheering against you. That would just make me wanna bust it that much more.

Oh yeah, it's really funny when a game has to be held up because of one idiot fan.

big deal..... maybe they should of anounced over the mike, "all u people not from parshall stop cheering for parshall, it is unfair and very disrespectful to dickinson trinity" sound like a good idea???....... n im really sorry the game got stopped for what 25 seconds at most

How is blowing an air horn considered cheering for your team, while the opposing player is in the middle of a free throw?
project-pat

Postby blaze88 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:42 pm

ya know what everybody that is bring up the air horn issue, that person that blew the horn was not from parshall or the surrounding area. that person was just some random person in the crowd hoping for parshall to beat trinity, i was like two rows in front of him and he was not from parshall. and if u guys think it was such a big deal we can put up one more point for trinity, but hey that means they still lost by twelve game over.
Last edited by blaze88 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blaze88

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:46 pm

blaze88 wrote:ya know what everybody that is bring up the air horn issue, that person that blew the horn was not from parshall or the surrounding area. that person was just some random person in the crowd hoping for parshall to beat trinity, i was like two rows in front of him and he was not from parshall. and if u guys think it was such a big deal we can put up one more point for trinity, but hey that means they still lost by twelve game over.

ive never read something that i liked and agreed with more than that statement
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ace » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:46 pm

project-pat wrote:
ace wrote:
project-pat wrote:

How is blowing an air horn considered cheering for your team, while the opposing player is in the middle of a free throw?

i didnt say that is a good way to cheer for your team.... maybe he wasnt cheering for parshall... he was just hoping Trinity lost, dont put it on the parshall fans..... i just like how u think its a big deal that 3/4 the stadium was cheering for parshall... who cares tough break i guess
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:48 pm

ace wrote:
project-pat wrote:
ace wrote:
project-pat wrote:

i didnt say that is a good way to cheer for your team.... maybe he wasnt cheering for parshall... he was just hoping Trinity lost, dont put it on the parshall fans..... i just like how u think its a big deal that 3/4 the stadium was cheering for parshall... who cares tough break i guess

I didn't say it was a big deal, I just said I want to play in an atmosphere like that. I don't know what post you were reading.
project-pat

Postby ace » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:57 pm

project-pat wrote:
ace wrote:
project-pat wrote:
ace wrote:
project-pat wrote:

I didn't say it was a big deal, I just said I want to play in an atmosphere like that. I don't know what post you were reading.

well thats my bad, i must of read it wrong.... i thought u were getting at that its bad that everyone was cheering against trinity
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby big tuna » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:52 am

i think thay bcn fans were the loudest and had the most sportmanship good thing they were good because there team wasn't good at all i think four winds could have beat them shooting half courters the whole game
big tuna

Postby rumbles » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:51 am

[user=2729]big tuna[/user] wrote:
i think thay bcn fans were the loudest and had the most sportmanship good thing they were good because there team wasn't good at all i think four winds could have beat them shooting half courters the whole game
i wouldnt push it that far
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:40 am

jetblue12 wrote::clap: good job dickinson fans, keep complaining.....:clap:

:clap:  just accept that your team lost       :clap:

:alc:

They always complain when they lose.  A trinity coach or fan will never say hey we got beat because they were better than us tonight. They will always beat around the bush and say well it could have gone the other way tonight.. Admit when you lose please!!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Weezy Baby » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:43 am

who from trinity complained? i dont see it. good job parshall. the twins are tough and so is youngbird.:clap:
Last edited by Weezy Baby on Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weezy Baby

Postby NDSUbison! » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:30 am

Haha....AA where is a titan fan complaining. We got beat fair and square. Parshall is tough. They showed up the second half titans didnt. It could go either way on any given night. Great teams great game. Good job parshall
NDSUbison!

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:32 am

NDSUbison! wrote:Only during the last few minute like 3:00 on. But the whole game the brave fans were yelling cuss words during free throws....now thats rediculous....get some class im sorry but it upset me

?
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:33 am

demon201 wrote:Absolutely the Trinity fan section deserves credit for their performance throughout the tournament. 

I was disappointed by the booing of the players (even the team host!) during the starting lineups in the title game that was coming from the Parshall student section.  It's not like you are booing thugs, as is sometimes heard in higher levels of various sports; people like Randy Moss and Terrell Owens getting booed in away stadiums come to mind.  Parshall could have been classy in taking their first title in 32 years, but instead their student section really put a black mark on the night. 

I would commend the adults nearby who came over and really got on their case for the early airhorn.  The students responded well and put it away after that.

?
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:34 am

Mauer07 wrote:
gamechanger wrote:I thought the sportsmanship was just fine, did anyone else notice like the whole stadium was cheering for parshall except for trinity's fans!  I thought it was awsome! Great championship game!

what do you mean that was awesome??? I think it was so ridiculous how all of the Parshall fans were hooting and yelling during Trinity's free throws. And I saw a whole bunch of Parshall's parents with about a minute left in the game pointing and laughing at the Trinity Student section. Also which was pretty PATHETIC was that while Trinity was going up to receive its 2nd place tournament a Parshal Parent went up to the team/parent section and held up a #1 finger. That is so DISRESPECTFULL and it should never be done again. It was absolutly ridicoulous!

?
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby carolina blue » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:35 am

last time i checked, no trinity fans are complaining. they are admitting that they were outplayed. the airhorn has nothing to do with the outcome of the game, it was unsportsmanlike to blow it at a game.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:37 am

carolina blue wrote:last time i checked, no trinity fans are complaining. they are admitting that they were outplayed. the airhorn has nothing to do with the outcome of the game, it was unsportsmanlike to blow it at a game.

ok if that isnt complaining i better google the word complaining    :clap:
Last edited by jetblue12 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby carolina blue » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:42 am

what am i complaining about? if its the airhorn, all im saying is that its unsportsmanlike. that has nothing to do with the outcome. parshall outplayed trinity. how times must everyone say that?
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:43 am

carolina blue wrote:what am i complaining about? if its the airhorn, all im saying is that its unsportsmanlike. that has nothing to do with the outcome. parshall outplayed trinity. how times must everyone say that?

i didnt mean your statement, the ones i put the "?" by
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby carolina blue » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:45 am

oh ok
Last edited by carolina blue on Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby Edward III » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:22 am

I watched the game on TV so I did not hear the boos as NBC cut that out. If there was any booing by anyone --that is a classless outfit and everyone that applauds that behavoir should be embarrassed.  The air horn was a prank and should be treated as one but again anyone that applauds that action or defends it should be spanked for the childish act that it was. There is no place for that in any game. Trinity acted with all the class as it lost a good game. The athlete for Trinity  displayed that in his interview after the game. Good winners get excited over their teams accomplisments instead of the other teams failures.   
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Fan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:07 pm

jetblue12 wrote:
carolina blue wrote:last time i checked, no trinity fans are complaining. they are admitting that they were outplayed. the airhorn has nothing to do with the outcome of the game, it was unsportsmanlike to blow it at a game.

ok if that isnt complaining i better google the word complaining    :clap:

Or you could google the word idiot. Trinity fans are pointing out the obvious that there was alot of unsportsmanlike behavior displayed at state. Especially by the native american teams' fans. I guess four winds had to rub it in Trinity's face since they couldnt. 
Last edited by ND_Fan on Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND_Fan

Postby Edward III » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:28 pm

You do not have to be Trinity fan to cbject to that type of behavior. There is no need for a google on an air horn going off in any event. Any real FAN would agree. Wash the green (envy) off and lets clean up the state tourny.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:25 pm

i dont think booing or being loud during free throws is unsportsmanlike and classless

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby IceCold_Football » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:05 pm

what are u talkin about rising did miss he free throw because of it
IceCold_Football
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys