Coach of the Year picks

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:16 am

Who received the Region Coach of the Year for each region?
The only one I know of was Region 6 - Bob Beaudrie - Westhope-Newburg
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby region1 football » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:22 am

region 3 was stacey schaffer. bcn
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:50 am

region1 football wrote:region 3 was stacey schaffer. bcn

and he deserves it. Congrats
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:12 am

Region 4 was Carlson.  Once again Smith was overlooked.  What does the guy have to do?  Rick's a good freind of mine and he doesn't care one way or the other but it's the principle of the whole thing.  24-1 with a whole new team.  6-0 vs teams in regional finals.  1 point away from being undefeated.  Can someone help me out on this one? 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:24 am

nativegolfer wrote:Region 4 was Carlson.  Once again Smith was overlooked.  What does the guy have to do?  Rick's a good freind of mine and he doesn't care one way or the other but it's the principle of the whole thing.  24-1 with a whole new team.  6-0 vs teams in regional finals.  1 point away from being undefeated.  Can someone help me out on this one? 

i think carlson deserved the award....i dont think ricky should be worring about not getting this award and start worring about how to get past DT
fruit snack

Postby web17 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:56 am

Shane Robinson from Midway-Minto got region 2's.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby tripleb » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:14 am

Randy Cranston of Watford City in Region 8.
tripleb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:23 am

fruit snack wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:Region 4 was Carlson.  Once again Smith was overlooked.  What does the guy have to do?  Rick's a good freind of mine and he doesn't care one way or the other but it's the principle of the whole thing.  24-1 with a whole new team.  6-0 vs teams in regional finals.  1 point away from being undefeated.  Can someone help me out on this one? 

i think carlson deserved the award....i dont think ricky should be worring about not getting this award and start worring about how to get past DT

Fruit Snack, tell me how a guy who's team was picked first in the region and finishes 3rd, should get a COY award?  I am failing to see how his team progressed!!!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:25 am

i agree that smith should have got it....but come on now IA....in the words of aaronih......you guys have bigger fish to fry :)
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:31 am

The Schwab wrote:i agree that smith should have got it....but come on now IA....in the words of aaronih......you guys have bigger fish to fry :)

I know brutha, just something that bothers me!  You know!  I mean we do have a nice rematch game this coming Thursday.  Should be a nice game.  I didn't get to go last year so I will have another good time.  Thinking about it, FW is going to have a nice time with State. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:33 am

i for one am very excited to see 5 teams that i havent seen play this year......should be a very interesting tournament.....If i had to guess i would say that BCN's coach will get COY
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:35 am

[user=227]nativegolfer[/user] wrote:
Region 4 was Carlson.  Once again Smith was overlooked.  What does the guy have to do?  Rick's a good freind of mine and he doesn't care one way or the other but it's the principle of the whole thing.  24-1 with a whole new team.  6-0 vs teams in regional finals.  1 point away from being undefeated.  Can someone help me out on this one? 

I know what ya mean on that... Coach Oksendahl up in Cavalier in baseball won like 7 or 8 straight region championships and three straight state championships and he didn't win region coach of the year tell his last season at Cavalier a couple years ago. I some times wonder what people are thinking when they vote.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:40 am

Coach Smith may not have received region coach of the year- but he is still in the running for state coach of the year as his team won the region title.
He is deserving of such an award for sure.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:49 am

Greg Amundson of Mandan has never been coach of the year.  seven state titles and a dominate program.  Once Rick catches up to those accomplishments he and his supporters can complain.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:51 am

That is unreal - and sad.
I'm not complaining - I'm just saying he would be my pick.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:54 am

these votes should be taken after the tournements thats when the real coaches shine
toughregion2

Postby fruit snack » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:05 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

Fruit Snack, tell me how a guy who's team was picked first in the region and finishes 3rd, should get a COY award?  I am failing to see how his team progressed!!!

IA....i dont have all the answers big guy, but it was voted on coaches, rons peers
fruit snack

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:19 am

fruit snack wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

IA....i dont have all the answers big guy, but it was voted on coaches, rons peers
Anyone who knows BB knows L-M underacheived this year.  And for that Carlson deserves COY?  There's something on the tip of my tongue that I want to say but won't...... for now. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:42 am

Randy Johnson, Hazen's head coach, came out of region 7
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:18 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

Anyone who knows BB knows L-M underacheived this year.  And for that Carlson deserves COY?  There's something on the tip of my tongue that I want to say but won't...... for now. 

how do you call 22-3 and 3rd in the region underachieving????   Most teams would give a lot for that type of season.  Yeah, they were picked to make state but still coming up that close can't be underachieving.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby twiz11 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:21 pm

Region 1 COY was Mike Gaukler....no surprise there
twiz11

Postby web17 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:24 pm

ndfan wrote:[user=227]nativegolfer[/user] wrote:
Region 4 was Carlson.� Once again Smith was overlooked.� What does the guy have to do?� Rick's a good freind of mine and he doesn't care one way or the other but it's the principle of the whole thing.� 24-1 with a whole new team.� 6-0 vs teams in regional finals.� 1 point away from being undefeated.� Can someone help me out on this one?�

I know what ya mean on that... Coach Oksendahl up in Cavalier in baseball won like 7 or 8 straight region championships and three straight state championships and he didn't win region coach of the year tell his last season at Cavalier a couple years ago. I some times wonder what people are thinking when they vote.
seems to me the voters vote for coaches who lead "bad" teams to higher finishes than predicted. Instead of good coaches leading great teams. I think that is Smith's case.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:33 pm

web17 wrote:
ndfan wrote:[user=227]nativegolfer[/user] wrote:
Region 4 was Carlson.� Once again Smith was overlooked.� What does the guy have to do?� Rick's a good freind of mine and he doesn't care one way or the other but it's the principle of the whole thing.� 24-1 with a whole new team.� 6-0 vs teams in regional finals.� 1 point away from being undefeated.� Can someone help me out on this one?�

seems to me the voters vote for coaches who lead "bad" teams to higher finishes than predicted. Instead of good coaches leading great teams. I think that is Smith's case.
OK and how does that apply to Carlson?  By the way, Fw was picked to finish 3rd in D7 and 5th in R4. 
Last edited by nativegolfer on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby rumbles » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:37 pm

i think smith shoulda got COY maybe he will get it a state
Last edited by rumbles on Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby uncguy3 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:07 pm

BB11 wrote:Who received the Region Coach of the Year for each region?
The only one I know of was Region 6 - Bob Beaudrie - Westhope-Newburg

region 1 was coach Gaukler from hankinson
uncguy3
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to Boys