2020 Week 9 Schedule

The teams in Class AA.

2020 Week 9 Schedule

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:07 pm

Tuesday, October 20th
#1 Bismarck St. Mary's 53 @ Stanley 0
Watford City 0 @ #3 Beulah 48

Saturday, October 24th
#2 Hillsboro-Central Valley 12 @ RV Valley City 14
#4 Kindred 38 @ RV Devils Lake 22
#5 Central Cass 32 @ Wahpeton 30

Hazen 34 @ Stanley 0
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 15878
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2020 Week 9 Schedule

Postby ChickenNuggets » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:40 am

Tuesday, October 20th
Watford City (1-2; 1-6) @ Beulah (2-1; 5-2)

Wednesday, October 21st
Central Cass (1-3; 3-4) @ Wahpeton (1-3; 1-6)

Bismarck St. Mary's (3-0; 7-0) @ Stanley (0-2; 0-6)

Saturday, October 24th
Hillsboro-Central Valley (4-0; 7-1) @ Valley City (1-2; 2-4)
Kindred (2-1; 4-1) @ Devils Lake (2-2; 3-5)
Hazen (1-2; 2-4) @ Stanley ()
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:08 pm

Re: 2020 Week 9 Schedule

Postby 5-time state chump » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:03 am

Valley City voted out of playoffs by region coaches.

If you use win% ... VC should be in. Not Devils Lake. But that isn't "voting"... that's using stats.

So then what is the criteria?
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: 2020 Week 9 Schedule

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:27 am

5-time state chump wrote:Valley City voted out of playoffs by region coaches.

If you use win% ... VC should be in. Not Devils Lake. But that isn't "voting"... that's using stats.

So then what is the criteria?


I think they looked at the same thought process that the Class AAA West & Class A Region 2 had - looked at it as a 3-way tie.

CC def. DL by 30 (max points +17)
DL def. VC by 6
VC def. CC by 4

Pt Differential
CC +13 - CC #3 Seed
VC -2
DL -11

DL def. VC so they earned #4 Seed.

When thinking about this...I always remove the losses to Kindred for the other two teams...if VC didn't play them then it is only fair to say DL & CC didn't either; just the way I see it. This process puts all 3 teams at 2-2.

**I have NO dog in the fight**
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 15878
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2020 Week 9 Schedule

Postby 5-time state chump » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:20 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
5-time state chump wrote:Valley City voted out of playoffs by region coaches.

If you use win% ... VC should be in. Not Devils Lake. But that isn't "voting"... that's using stats.

So then what is the criteria?


I think they looked at the same thought process that the Class AAA West & Class A Region 2 had - looked at it as a 3-way tie.

CC def. DL by 30 (max points +17)
DL def. VC by 6
VC def. CC by 4

Pt Differential
CC +13 - CC #3 Seed
VC -2
DL -11

DL def. VC so they earned #4 Seed.

When thinking about this...I always remove the losses to Kindred for the other two teams...if VC didn't play them then it is only fair to say DL & CC didn't either; just the way I see it. This process puts all 3 teams at 2-2.

**I have NO dog in the fight**


Thank you.

I get it, but every other year in football, they use region record as FIRST criteria. Region record has a BUILT IN win%.

I'd think they'd use the same thing every year, and go to criteria #2 only after criteria #1 is a tie.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: 2020 Week 9 Schedule

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:06 am

Yes what a mess.... The Kindred game should count as a win in a normal year but with the "New Normal" in place rules and things change.
I don't know what has changed with VC... Maybe they got some players back or the team just came together??
Did the Burro's hold kids back?? because the game does not matter? I don't know.
But how they were playing at the time of the Kindred game, Kindred was healthy at that time, I think Kindred would have blown them out. Now if they played this week... a completely different story. Still we will never know because of Covid.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2020 Week 9 Schedule

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 am

maddog1971 wrote:Yes what a mess.... The Kindred game should count as a win in a normal year but with the "New Normal" in place rules and things change.
I don't know what has changed with VC... Maybe they got some players back or the team just came together??
Did the Burro's hold kids back?? because the game does not matter? I don't know.
But how they were playing at the time of the Kindred game, Kindred was healthy at that time, I think Kindred would have blown them out. Now if they played this week... a completely different story. Still we will never know because of Covid.


How it was decided was consistent with how Class A Region 2 & Class AAA West Region did their tiebreakers. Consistency is the key.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 15878
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2020 Week 9 Schedule

Postby NDPREP » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:04 pm

What everyone forgets is it isnt about wins or win percentage, it never has been, it has ALWAYS been about region losses. AA has had 3 way ties before and its been decided this same way, example 2015. 6-2 is as good as 2-2. Just in a normal year if you dont play a game normally someone gets an L, now with covid no one gets that L. It makes pt differential KEY.
NDPREP
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:04 am


Return to AA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests