The teams in Class AAA

Top running back(s)?

Postby DaBack » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 pm

Whats your predictions?
DaBack
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Top running back(s)?

Postby Hinsa » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:25 am

I heard that D.A. Back is the fastest and most punishing runner in the state, bar none, hands down, without a doubt.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby NorthShore » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Johnannesson Fargo South, Gilano Bismarck High, Cherwinski Dickinson High
NorthShore
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Hinsa wrote:I heard that D.A. Back is the fastest and most punishing runner in the state, bar none, hands down, without a doubt.

Where's he from?
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby DaBack » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:58 pm

Hinsa wrote:I heard that D.A. Back is the fastest and most punishing runner in the state, bar none, hands down, without a doubt.

whats that supposed to mean?
DaBack
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Hinsa » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:07 pm

DaBack wrote:

whats that supposed to mean?

It's kind of a running joke with newbies on the site. Based on your userid it looks like you are a running back. Lot's of times a newbie will start a topic fishing for compliments about themselves. So I like to play along sometimes. :wink:
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby bighouse » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:39 pm

I am with northshore
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby NorthShore » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:51 pm

forgot Lampert from Minot was a junior last year, he might be the best of the bunch
NorthShore
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fbuknow » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:55 am

I like Sophomore Carter Gorney. He's got acceleration and top end speed along the lines of a Layne Johs or faster(finished 7th in 100 m state finals as a freshman) with good hands. He also has good size with more room to grow into. The biggest knock on him is his lack of lateral explosion/cutting abilities. If he continues to do the work I know that he is capable of, and does some specific technical training which will only benefit him, Minot is going to have one heck of a backfield. Lampert is a good overall athletic kid, and fast in his own right, but lacks the top end finishing speed of Carter Gorney.
fbuknow
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lazer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:34 pm

fbuknow wrote:I like Sophomore Carter Gorney. He's got acceleration and top end speed along the lines of a Layne Johs or faster(finished 7th in 100 m state finals as a freshman) with good hands. He also has good size with more room to grow into. The biggest knock on him is his lack of lateral explosion/cutting abilities. If he continues to do the work I know that he is capable of, and does some specific technical training which will only benefit him, Minot is going to have one heck of a backfield. Lampert is a good overall athletic kid, and fast in his own right, but lacks the top end finishing speed of Carter Gorney.

I don't see him playing any offense, he barely played as a sophomore and I believe Lampert has been around for a while he was the go to guy when the season was coming to an end and he performed great. You must know him pretty good if you favor him that much! I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Yanasko playing runningback either for Minot.

My top
Johnannesson, Gilano, Lampert or Cherwinski
lazer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fbuknow » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 pm

I can see Gortney getting some fair playing time (not start) if the coaches give him a fair shake, but he will have to be performing like Superman for that to happen. My belief is that he irritated too many of the coaches with his lack of work ethic last year to the point that he will not be able to overcome their personal bias despite major improvements(he's a young kid for pete's sake). I'm not familiar with Johnannesson, but I believe you have to give the edge to Galindo because of how well that team is coached. If Dickinson's O-line continues to improve, Cherwinski may have a huge season. I believe if you were to put Galindo behind any other of the school's O lines, his numbers drop off significantly. The demons O line will not overpower you, but man can they execute to the point that when the defense makes a small mistake, they're going to make you pay big for it. That's what I witnessed last year at Minot's homecoming. Minot's defense for 70% of the game kept the demon's offense under control. When Minot blew the coverage or tackling assignment, Bismarck scored Big time. Same thing happened in the playoffs with W. Fargo. Minot was controlling the packers O line for the majority of the game. A missed tackle turned into a long TD run. I don't see Minot's line improving any time soon unless they get coaches who can instruct good technical skills. Even Yanosko as an RB would be a one dimensional player with their O line. He would be more effective at the QB position if they would design better plays with his skillset and the other's skill sets in mind. I'm convinced that their system is a cookie cutter system who just happens to have an above average athletic kid in that position. Otherwise, if you look at their passing stats at the beginning of the Max Murphy era, they threw the ball maybe a dozen times with a good night of passing yardage around 160. It hasn't changed much since then. They're going to run the jetsweep because they love to...even when they have no business doing it. Lampert get's his numbers on the counters because you constantly have to be watching out for the QB, or the WR in motion. I will definitely be checking out your faves.
fbuknow
NDPreps Rookie

Postby FanOfFootball » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:59 pm

lazer wrote:
fbuknow wrote:I like Sophomore Carter Gorney. He's got acceleration and top end speed along the lines of a Layne Johs or faster(finished 7th in 100 m state finals as a freshman) with good hands. He also has good size with more room to grow into. The biggest knock on him is his lack of lateral explosion/cutting abilities. If he continues to do the work I know that he is capable of, and does some specific technical training which will only benefit him, Minot is going to have one heck of a backfield. Lampert is a good overall athletic kid, and fast in his own right, but lacks the top end finishing speed of Carter Gorney.

I don't see him playing any offense, he barely played as a sophomore and I believe Lampert has been around for a while he was the go to guy when the season was coming to an end and he performed great. You must know him pretty good if you favor him that much! I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Yanasko playing runningback either for Minot.

My top
Johnannesson, Gilano, Lampert or Cherwinski

Alex Yanosko is not a running back, he is a quarterback that can run. Given the opportunity to ACTUALLY throw the ball, he could and would amaze people.
FanOfFootball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bighouse » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:04 pm

I believe it comes down to O line, who is bringing the most starters back. You can be a good runningback but you need blockers.
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby NorthShore » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:11 pm

bighouse wrote:I believe it comes down to O line, who is bringing the most starters back. You can be a good runningback but you need blockers.

yep...what you said!
NorthShore
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MoSiouxFan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:18 am

What happened to Saintal from North? I think he was only a junior last year, but I haven't seen his name mentioned this season.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:47 pm

MoSiouxFan wrote:What happened to Saintal from North? I think he was only a junior last year, but I haven't seen his name mentioned this season.

he graduated last year...that's why.
http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?path ... rp_id=5517
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby MoSiouxFan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
MoSiouxFan wrote:What happened to Saintal from North? I think he was only a junior last year, but I haven't seen his name mentioned this season.

Guess I missed a year somewhere. Thanks.

P. S. Do you or anyone know if he got a scholarship or if he's a walkon?
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:58 pm

MoSiouxFan wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Guess I missed a year somewhere. Thanks.

P. S. Do you or anyone know if he got a scholarship or if he's a walkon?

I'm going to assume walk-on...but I don't know for sure
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to AAA