Tom Brady

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Tom Brady

Postby shooter! » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:07 am

winner-within wrote:
cubsfan wrote:[
winner-within wrote:My favorite is when they state Manning will make a great coach or GM and we know once he is done with the game you wont see him again on the field, he will go right to the box and analyse like the rest of the guys who think they know everything....Brady and Favre are the type that will want to keep the game going and share their knowlege with the young guys and help them become better......by coaching them or training them.

Manning might have the STATS (like lebron) but the tough guys and the guys with rings still win with the true Football fans hearts over....Peyton is an arogant player who is lucky he had the recievers he's had.

I wouldn't call Peyton arrogant, I would call him confident like all other hall of fame caliber players. He does have the stats like Lebron but unlike Lebron, Peyton has a ring already.

I know he is Arrogant...but I will give you this....It may not be what you see (arrogance) on the field.....so I will rephrase....He is always blaming someone for a play gone bad....He and his brother are, Bar None the two biggest pouters in the NFL...Why? because they are Mannings....I firmly believe they don't have near the respect from there players that Brady or Favre has, or many other QB's in the league do....there fun to watch because of their skills but AI cant look at them when a play goes wrong or when they take off their helmets.

its called being competitive! whats he supposed to do, after he throws a pick go to the guy who intercepted it and say nice job and give him a high five??
shooter!
NDPreps Starter

Postby duke_boy90 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:00 am

The Brady/Manning debate is kind of like the Lebron/Kobe debate (before Bron went to Miami). Brady and Kobe got the rings, so they are just automatically better to everyone. Even though Lebron and Manning prob have a better overall skill set. I think Brady has better credentials than Peyton. Peyton really could have elevated himself last year into super duper stardom last year by beating the saints..now looking back he does have a super bowl, but it's against Rex Grossman. If he gets another, which i'm sure he will, he will go down as top 3 for sure.
duke_boy90
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:27 am

duke_boy90 wrote:The Brady/Manning debate is kind of like the Lebron/Kobe debate (before Bron went to Miami). Brady and Kobe got the rings, so they are just automatically better to everyone. Even though Lebron and Manning prob have a better overall skill set. I think Brady has better credentials than Peyton. Peyton really could have elevated himself last year into super duper stardom last year by beating the saints..now looking back he does have a super bowl, but it's against Rex Grossman. If he gets another, which i'm sure he will, he will go down as top 3 for sure.

Brady has a better outlook on the game....I think he more positive...we know he has always had the better coach, he has also taken some big licks and gets right back up....he may be as hard on himself but he doesn't let it show on the field
if they were still in College...Peyton is your man...Brady is a Better NFL QB....not stat wise, but game time wise.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:12 pm

This is the first season that Tom Brady has been a better quarterback then Peyton imo. It may be that Peyton's teams is so injury plagued but right now if I had to choose between them, I would pick Brady.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:56 pm

cubsfan wrote:This is the first season that Tom Brady has been a better quarterback then Peyton imo. It may be that Peyton's teams is so injury plagued but right now if I had to choose between them, I would pick Brady.

That is exactly the reason. Clark, who is his go to guy, is done for the year. Gonzalez never really played. Garcon missed a lot of time. Collie missed 2 games with his thumb, then game back and got hauled out on a stretcher. His 2nd or 3rd best receiver has been Blair White, a guy straight off the practice squad who was even a walk on at Michigan State.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:45 am

Cough, cough....scratch scratch....Does anyone hear me clearing my throat.....Peyton who??
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:11 am

Offennnnnnnnnnnnnnsive player of the year? now tell me Does Peyton still play Offense? :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:26 am

winner-within wrote:Offennnnnnnnnnnnnnsive player of the year? now tell me Does Peyton still play Offense? :)

Manning said he didn't want the award because he didn't have room for it next to his 4 MVP awards. Congrats to Tom Brady though! Heck of a player.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:37 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:Offennnnnnnnnnnnnnsive player of the year? now tell me Does Peyton still play Offense? :)

Manning said he didn't want the award because he didn't have room for it next to his 4 MVP awards. Congrats to Tom Brady though! Heck of a player.

I wonder if manning would trade the hardware you refer to for the Rings and things owned by Brady...if in-fact Mannning owned up to half the dominance he receives on this forum he would have gotten one vote you would think..........I'll say it like this Brady's achievements this season were good....but the one two punch of Rogers and Nelson...Rogers and Jennings define what the game of football is all about at any level....Give the MVP to Rogers and McCarthy and Matthews and the whole Green Bay Packers team...and then just shut your mouth!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:57 am

winner-within wrote:
Flip wrote:

I wonder if manning would trade the hardware you refer to for the Rings and things owned by Brady...if in-fact Mannning owned up to half the dominance he receives on this forum he would have gotten one vote you would think..........I'll say it like this Brady's achievements this season were good....but the one two punch of Rogers and Nelson...Rogers and Jennings define what the game of football is all about at any level....Give the MVP to Rogers and McCarthy and Matthews and the whole Green Bay Packers team...and then just shut your mouth!

Slightly off topic, but I thought it was strange that McCarthy didn't receive a single vote for coach of the year. Gets to the super bowl with 15 people on the IR, that takes some darn good coaching.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:57 am

I still think He's the Best as we Speak, eventually the best of all time and how do you encore thew MVP award from the prior season....well 517 passing yards and 4 TD's in your first game out for the next season should be suffice..... :D ... Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yea! and I forgot to mention that he conducted this whole exhibition with the No-Huddle O
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:28 pm

If you hadn't seen it on ESPN this is a cool documentary. Six part series this is the link to the 1st one the rest are easy to find.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npBKRuctmVs
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:27 pm

I like stuff like that....Brady is a fun Guy to Watch play the game....he's just as fun to listen to when he speaks...He's a pretty Humble man.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:58 am

Tom Brady.........is one seriously good QB
NE and the Giants again in the Superbowl...Brady gets his 4th
has to beat Brother Peyton to get there.... :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:05 pm

winner-within wrote:Tom Brady.........is one seriously good QB

??
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

??

so he and Eli compete again in a s-u-p-e-r-b-o-w-l (spelling it out)
Brady's team w-i-n-s this time
although he has to get by big b-r-o (Elis big bro of course) to accomplish it all
thats all, no biggy
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:01 pm

winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

??

although he has to get by big b-r-o (Elis big bro of course) to accomplish it all
thats all, no biggy

You were talking about Tom Brady....and then said he had to beat his big bro....pretty sure everyone on the board was just as confused.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:32 pm

winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

??

thats all, no biggy

Thanks for clarifying...as Baller states...that's where my confusion was. True...very true. Just don't discount the Texans. They are better than that showing last night...just like Atlanta is better than their last showing too.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm

and the Pack are coming on strong

experience, experience,experience .........Texans stink.... :lol:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:42 pm

winner-within wrote:and the Pack are coming on strong

experience, experience,experience .........Texans stink.... :lol:

And the SUPERBOWL champs Minnesota Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things