2013 Season

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2013 Season

Postby FanOfFootball » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:17 am

Well, it coming soon, track season. Who do you think is the favored team this year? Individual event winners, track and field.
FanOfFootball
NDPreps Reserve

Re: 2013 Season

Postby Nodak21 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:06 am

MWL, Lisbon, Sargent County are all amazing teams
Nodak21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flaxseedkitty » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:09 am

I heard Hunter Diegel from Sargent Central is going out for track. (just a rumor) But if this happens that could put Sargent County above the rest no doubt. That's the word from milnor though..
Flaxseedkitty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Cito fortis fidelis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:03 pm

800 Meter, Class B- Brooke Shimek from Thompson. She's the returning three time State champion in this event. She's impeccable when it comes to running, and will be incredibly dangerous this track season.
Cito fortis fidelis
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:52 pm

Cito fortis fidelis wrote:800 Meter, Class B- Brooke Shimek from Thompson. She's the returning three time State champion in this event. She's impeccable when it comes to running, and will be incredibly dangerous this track season.

As much as I'm a fan of Shimek...there's alot of talent out there in the Girls 800 Meter Run...so she's going to have competition
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Mailman_25 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:19 pm

Flaxseedkitty wrote:I heard Hunter Diegel from Sargent Central is going out for track. (just a rumor) But if this happens that could put Sargent County above the rest no doubt. That's the word from milnor though..

Who is Hunter Diegel? Is this kid for real?
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby Nodak21 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 am

Mailman_25 wrote:
Flaxseedkitty wrote:I heard Hunter Diegel from Sargent Central is going out for track. (just a rumor) But if this happens that could put Sargent County above the rest no doubt. That's the word from milnor though..

From what I hear is that if he goes out that Sargent County has a fair shot at top 3 in state. He is a beast, he has never done track but he has thought about it from what i know. He is an athlete that could qualify in multiple events.
Nodak21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 am

Nodak21 wrote:
Mailman_25 wrote:

From what I hear is that if he goes out that Sargent County has a fair shot at top 3 in state. He is a beast, he has never done track but he has thought about it from what i know. He is an athlete that could qualify in multiple events.

you know he could only compete in 4 events at state...and Region 1 is pretty stacked for athletes. We'll see if he's the real deal in 4 months
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flaxseedkitty » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Nodak21 wrote:
Mailman_25 wrote:

you know he could only compete in 4 events at state...and Region 1 is pretty stacked for athletes. We'll see if he's the real deal in 4 months

I feel Diegel is going to bring a whole new level of skill into the 2013 track season. He puts his whole heart into everything he does and doesn't stop until he's ahead of the rest. Hunter is going to be ripping up the field with his 6'1", 210 lb physique, he is unstoppable when he puts his mind to it. I guarantee he will be in the spotlight throughout the season.
Flaxseedkitty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Flaxseedkitty wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Nodak21 wrote:
Mailman_25 wrote:

I feel Diegel is going to bring a whole new level of skill into the 2013 track season. He puts his whole heart into everything he does and doesn't stop until he's ahead of the rest. Hunter is going to be ripping up the field with his 6'1", 210 lb physique, he is unstoppable when he puts his mind to it. I guarantee he will be in the spotlight throughout the season.

Interesting...the NDHSAA football website (entered by the coach) and Sargent Central website states that he is 5' 10" and 180 lbs...that's a BIG difference from what you just stated.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flaxseedkitty » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Flaxseedkitty wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Nodak21 wrote:
Mailman_25 wrote:

Interesting...the NDHSAA football website (entered by the coach) and Sargent Central website states that he is 5' 10" and 180 lbs...that's a BIG difference from what you just stated.

That was 3 months ago unless i'm mistaken..
Flaxseedkitty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Flaxseedkitty wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Flaxseedkitty wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Nodak21 wrote:
Mailman_25 wrote:

That was 3 months ago unless i'm mistaken..

Not likely that he grew three inches and gained 30 lbs. We'll see..
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Nodak21 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:43 am

I dont think Diegel is quite 6'1'' but he is been growing fast, i'd say he's close to 6'
Nodak21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mailman_25 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:34 pm

What events do you predict him to do? Also, predicting Sargent County as a top 3 team at State??? You mean in Region 1 right??? Cause Lisbon, Kindred, and Rugby might be a little bit bigger of a hurdle at the state level than you probably understand.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby Cito fortis fidelis » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Cito fortis fidelis wrote:800 Meter, Class B- Brooke Shimek from Thompson. She's the returning three time State champion in this event. She's impeccable when it comes to running, and will be incredibly dangerous this track season.

As much as I'm a fan of Shimek...there's alot of talent out there in the Girls 800 Meter Run...so she's going to have competition

I agree, she will definitely have competition this season, especially with all of the talent found throughout the state. However, Shimek has always had competition so she will be accustomed to the pressure of her fellow athletes and peers. I refuse to predict any state winners in any event. However, it is important to realize who has won in the past. I can assume Shimek is already thinking about this coming track season. Likewise, I can also assume many of the returning girls who stood behind Shimek on the awards podium are thinking the same thing.

I predict it will come down to who is the healthiest and who has trained the most.
Cito fortis fidelis
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mailman_25 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Track season starts in less than two months.....Any predictions on the who is taking home the team trophies this season?
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby oldnslow » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:02 pm

For girls class B.... I would have said Carrington, but I heard Josey Page had a significant knee injury in basketball. (torn ACL?) This will hurt there chances for a title, but they will still have a strong team.
oldnslow
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NeverEndingJumpers » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:11 am

i am gonna go out on a limb and say that leingang will be one of the top distance runners! i know, i know, this prediction is bold you dont have to tell me :lol:
NeverEndingJumpers
NDPreps Rookie

Postby RunOrDie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Lisbon boys looked strong at state indoor. And expect them to score points in javelin once we get outdoors. Going to be tough to beat.
"He who has a reason why can bear with almost any how." Nietzsche
RunOrDie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Nodak21 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Lisbon boys will be good again like always, Mangin, Berg, And Manske will provide most their points. Mangin will win lots of events, Berg is a great field event athlete(Pole Vault). Kindred and Sargent Co will battle it out for next best, they are always very close. Kindred has above average guys that will place, Bachmeier(spelling may be off) will be their stand out and place high. SC will have Bergh that will get 36-40 points a meet, He is a top 3 at state athlete in each sprint event, and with Zirnhelt looking good at indoor he will be chipping in with pretty good amounts of points this season. MWL will get points with Illies And Vasqeuz but after that I only see max of 4 point athletes at a good competition level meet. These 4 teams are for sure in the top 10 teams in state. :D
Nodak21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Any predicition on when we'll get our first outdoor meet? Are any parts of the state going to be ready next week or are we looking at the week of April 22nd for our first outdoor meet?
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:36 pm

not if this snowstorm hits us this weekend!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sleepy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:30 am

This week still looks bads, but next week will be in the 40s. Man, is it crazy to think 45 degrees is great track wheather?

What is the chance some of these track meets will be rescheduled vs just cancelled? This week is LYC meet at Valley City on Tuesday, and Barnes County meet at VC on Thursday. I would think neither one is a go this week. Hopefully they can be rescheduled to the following week. Is there anywhere that has a Masterlist of ND track meets?
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:54 pm

http://www.ndhsaa.com/sport?sport_id=9

Click above link...then click results. Here you can search to which meets are scheduled for which days. Its not great but its the only spot that I know of that has a grouping of meets
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:33 pm

Anyone know if it looks like they will have a meet next week???
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Track and Field