State Volleyball to be Televised

State Volleyball to be Televised

Postby BEK SPORTS NETWORK » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Bismarck, N.D. – November 7, 2012 – BEK Sports is proud to announce live television coverage of the 2012 North Dakota State Volleyball Tournament from the MSU Dome of Minot State University November 16 - 17, 2012.

Cooperatives/companies that will be televising the event include:
• BEK Communications, Steele, N.D. – Channels 28, 29 & 30
• Dakota Central Telecommunications, Carrington, N.D. – Channels 19, 20 & 21
• Dickey Rural Networks, Ellendale, N.D. – Channels 7 & 95
• Midstate Telephone Company, Stanley, N.D. – Channels 17 & 18
• North Dakota Telephone Company, Devils Lake, N.D. – Channels 151, 152 & 153
Red River Communications, Abercrombie, N.D. - Channels, 3001,3002,3003
• Northwest Communications Cooperative, Ray, N.D. – Channels 23 & 24
• Polar Communications, Park River, N.D. – Channel 3, 70, 71 & 72
• Reservation Telephone Cooperative, Parshall, N.D. – Channels 21, 22, & 23
• SRT Communications, Minot, N.D. – Channels 78 & 322
• Turtle Mountain Communications, Langdon, N.D. – Channels 17, 18 & 19
• United Communications, Langdon, N.D. – Channels 17, 18 & 19

Class “A” and “B” tournament coverage will begin Friday, November 16th with the Preview Show at 5:30pm followed by the State Volleyball Semifinal games. First rounds begin at 6:00 p.m. with live play by play coverage. On Saturday, November 17th, the Class “A” Championship game will air at 6:00 p.m. followed by the Class “B” Championship game. For more information on these broadcasts, viewers can check out the schedules and updates at www.beksports.com.

Thanks,
Jordan J. Hassler
Broadcast Operations Manager
BEK Sports Network
BEK SPORTS NETWORK
NDPreps Rookie

Re: State Volleyball to be Televised

Postby gameplayer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks BEK for the coverage. We enjoy the broadcasts!!
gameplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Any chance you can get someone from Fargo to pick it up (even on a side station). I know one year it was put on ch. 14 in the Fargo area...last year it was not available to our area :(
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BEK SPORTS NETWORK » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:03 pm

We offered it to Cable One in Fargo but they chose not to carry it. We attempt to reach as many households as possible and sometimes it doesn't fit into their programming schedules.
BEK SPORTS NETWORK
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:51 pm

BEK SPORTS NETWORK wrote:We offered it to Cable One in Fargo but they chose not to carry it. We attempt to reach as many households as possible and sometimes it doesn't fit into their programming schedules.

Argh!! (That's all I can really say on this....)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby NDclassBdad » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:50 am

Any chance of seeing the coverage online?
NDclassBdad
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:48 am

There is a channel that WF streams sporting events in fargo. If they make it to state would that be an option?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BEK SPORTS NETWORK » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:23 am

BEK Sports does not currently webcast our events. We have contracts with our affiliates to make the service available in their area only. As we grow we hope to add webcasting but as of now we dont.
BEK SPORTS NETWORK
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:05 pm

I just find it frustrating that the eastern half of ND has yet to catch on that televising high school sporting events is a positive; Central & Western ND have been doing it for a few years now and all I hear is good things. I do notice a few eastern ND locations on the original post...but none of the major areas are covered...that needs to change and in my opinion it won't without some push from the public.

Thank you BEK for attempting to get these areas on board...its frustrating that these certain companies don't notice the bigger picture yet.

my 2 cents...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby The Schwab » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Southwestern North Dakota doesn't have BEK either.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BEK SPORTS NETWORK » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:50 pm

The Schwab wrote:Southwestern North Dakota doesn't have BEK either.

Schwab,

We have offered Consolidated Telecom in Dickinson the opportunity to become an affiliate of BEK Sports but they have chosen not to be a part of the BEK Sports Network family. They do currently have some live programming and a number of tape delayed contest that the air. I hope in the future that they will join the BSN Family and we can offer the same great live, local, high school sporting coverage to the south western part of the state that we offer to the majority of the rural areas in North Dakota.
BEK SPORTS NETWORK
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:30 pm

BEK SPORTS NETWORK wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Southwestern North Dakota doesn't have BEK either.

Schwab,

We have offered Consolidated Telecom in Dickinson the opportunity to become an affiliate of BEK Sports but they have chosen not to be a part of the BEK Sports Network family. They do currently have some live programming and a number of tape delayed contest that the air. I hope in the future that they will join the BSN Family and we can offer the same great live, local, high school sporting coverage to the south western part of the state that we offer to the majority of the rural areas in North Dakota.

I would love it if they would do that! I have enjoyed watching BEK when I had the chance! I think it's great what your company does for ND sports!
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:26 pm

NDHSAA needs to start showing some webcasts of their state tournaments. I've watched state games of baseball, softball, football, basketball, and volleyball in Minnesota.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby yosports » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:39 am

It is SO frustrating that Grand Forks Midcontinent does not pick up BEK sports! Especially since the last 3 years RRHS has been in the title game. And last year they went undefeated and won the State Championship. I was at the State tournament but for friends and family who could not make it, how frustrating in this day and age. I am assuming GF cable will not get it again this year. Am I right?

And it is not online either? I thought somebody told me that they could watch it --very small--on their computer screen. Yes? NO?

By the way, Bek does a GREAT job! I have seen their DVD's and it is very good. Thank you!
yosports
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:42 am

yosports wrote:It is SO frustrating that Grand Forks Midcontinent does not pick up BEK sports! Especially since the last 3 years RRHS has been in the title game. And last year they went undefeated and won the State Championship. I was at the State tournament but for friends and family who could not make it, how frustrating in this day and age. I am assuming GF cable will not get it again this year. Am I right?

And it is not online either? I thought somebody told me that they could watch it --very small--on their computer screen. Yes? NO?

By the way, Bek does a GREAT job! I have seen their DVD's and it is very good. Thank you!

Last year it was online (sort of)...it was really small but it was online and watchable. I don't think Minot will do that this year though...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Go figure...Cable One will pick up regular season Hockey games...but won't pick up the STATE Volleyball matches.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Volleyball