NBA Draft

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

NBA Draft

Postby bison football73 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Well the NBA Draft is tomorrow. Who is goin where?

im thinking Kyrie Irving at 1 to the Cavs (even though it should be Derick Williams but i guess playing 11 games is enough to deserve the Number 1 overall pick)

Williams goes 2 to the Twolves
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Re: NBA Draft

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:58 pm

bison football73 wrote:Well the NBA Draft is tomorrow. Who is goin where?

im thinking Kyrie Irving at 1 to the Cavs (even though it should be Derick Williams but i guess playing 11 games is enough to deserve the Number 1 overall pick)

Lots of Rumors out there that the Wolves are looking at dealing #2
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Told you guy's Bynum would be shopped.....Somebody call the T-wolves front office and tell them not to ruin their future.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:06 pm

winner-within wrote:Told you guy's Bynum would be shopped.....Somebody call the T-wolves front office and tell them not to ruin their future.

I've heard Gasol to the Wolves for Love and #2 pick; Gortat (Suns) and the #13 for the #2; Steve Nash in some sort of deal for the #2 pick; Cavaliers were still talking (I think)...going to be interesting to see how the Wolves may screw up this draft like past drafts
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Love needs to take his rebounding to South Beach... 8)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:04 pm

winner-within wrote:Told you guy's Bynum would be shopped.....Somebody call the T-wolves front office and tell them not to ruin their future.

Just because you read something online doesn't mean it actually happened and if it did happen maybe it was the Wolves that contacted Lakers :shock:

As far as the draft goes if some of the Europeans don't pan out this looks to be one of the WOAT drafts. The Wolves run so bad they finally get a really high pick and the only guy worth drafting at #2 plays the same position as like 5 other guys and next year when the draft is loaded they don't have a 1st round pick.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:40 pm

I didn't read online that Bynum was Brainless (with a phobia for real small foreign Guards) and still a HUGE work in progress after spending Millions on the Guy.

I actually don't think the Lakers will be able to get him off the Roster as much as Brown is going to want to. :shock: :shock:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison football73 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

I've heard Gasol to the Wolves for Love and #2 pick; Gortat (Suns) and the #13 for the #2; Steve Nash in some sort of deal for the #2 pick; Cavaliers were still talking (I think)...going to be interesting to see how the Wolves may screw up this draft like past drafts

Gasol for Love and #2 pick would be so uneven y would u give up the future of your franchise for an aging power forward
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan7 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:33 pm

bison football73 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Gasol for Love and #2 pick would be so uneven y would u give up the future of your franchise for an aging power forward

Because its the wolves and they make stupid decisions every year at draft time.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:59 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
bison football73 wrote:Well the NBA Draft is tomorrow. Who is goin where?

Lots of Rumors out there that the Wolves are looking at dealing #2

I'm not saying they've done well, but I don't think they've screwed up as much as some people think. The only huge mistake I think they made was when they drafted Brandon Roy, then traded him to Portland for Randy Foye and money. At the time, I thought they were idiots to trade OJ Mayo for Love and Mike Miller. Turns out that was a good deal.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:17 am

Indy5 wrote:I'm not saying they've done well, but I don't think they've screwed up as much as some people think. The only huge mistake I think they made was when they drafted Brandon Roy, then traded him to Portland for Randy Foye and money. At the time, I thought they were idiots to trade OJ Mayo for Love and Mike Miller. Turns out that was a good deal.

Huge mistakes: Johnny Flynn, Marko Jaric and future 1st round pick for Sam Cassell, signing Joe Smith to a secret deal, signing Darko to 4 year deal, hiring Rambis, waiting forever to fire Rambis and a lot of their draft picks have been questionable, but I won't say horrible.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:23 am

Flip wrote:
Indy5 wrote:I'm not saying they've done well, but I don't think they've screwed up as much as some people think. The only huge mistake I think they made was when they drafted Brandon Roy, then traded him to Portland for Randy Foye and money. At the time, I thought they were idiots to trade OJ Mayo for Love and Mike Miller. Turns out that was a good deal.

Huge mistakes: Johnny Flynn, Marko Jaric and future 1st round pick for Sam Cassell, signing Joe Smith to a secret deal, signing Darko to 4 year deal, hiring Rambis, waiting forever to fire Rambis and a lot of their draft picks have been questionable, but I won't say horrible.

I think Flynn was a better pick than Rubio. I don't think he'll be good at all. What's he good at? He comes off the bench and scores like 5 ppg and has like 3 apg for his european team. He can't shoot at all. He is Rajon Rondo but not nearly as good.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Indy5 wrote:I think Flynn was a better pick than Rubio. I don't think he'll be good at all. What's he good at? He comes off the bench and scores like 5 ppg and has like 3 apg for his european team. He can't shoot at all. He is Rajon Rondo but not nearly as good.

Flynn was statisticly the worst PG in the leauge last season, granted he played in a horrible system for his talents.

Rubio could be a bust, but you can't say that 'til he at least plays. You can't base how he'll be in the NBA based on his stats in Europe. European basketball is a lot more physical, slower pace game. Supposedly his Euro team ran an even slower game than the usual Euro team. I didn't know this 'til is press conference this week, but Rubio didn't lose his starting spot 'til late in the season after he hurt his ankle. Canis hoopus and ESPN both projected him to be like a young Rondo, Kidd, Nate McMillan type. Rondo can't shoot, Kidd couldn't when he came into the league either. I can't remember if McMillan could. Remember back in '09 he was projected to be the #2 overall pick for almost the whole season behind Blake Griffin. He played on the Spanish national team that won the silver medal when he was only 18.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Flip wrote:Remember back in '09 he was projected to be the #2 overall pick for almost the whole season behind Blake Griffin. He played on the Spanish national team that won the silver medal when he was only 18.

He did good in the olympics when he was 18 and hasn't done anything in two years.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison football73 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:08 pm

thats cuz the olympic team played the right style of offense for him and his euro team doesnt i think he will be a good passer and will have to work on his shot and very good defensively
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:23 am

don't assume to much about any Foreigner ...don't speculate before they hit the Hard Wood as an True NBA player...WHY? to many have proved many wrong.....few have the Longevity of the Gifted Athletes from the United States but enough of them have had the 2 to 3 to 4 year run it takes to help get the Hardware....they're competitiveness is second to none.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:57 am

Flip wrote:

Completely forgot about another huge mistake: drafting Corey Brewer and you can add this one after Thursday, drafting a guy that is ineligible to be drafted.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison football73 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:18 pm

who was that?
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:41 pm

bison football73 wrote:who was that?

The guy that was drafted 57th overall, strange name like Targuy Nbombo, something like that I'm not going to look it up.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:09 pm

Flip wrote:
bison football73 wrote:who was that?

The guy that was drafted 57th overall, strange name like Targuy Nbombo, something like that I'm not going to look it up.

yeah that's the correct name...he's from Qatar. He lied about his age so he could be on the lists...but when you do a simple search of his name it shows that he is too old to enter the draft (internationally)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 am

Looking through some old threads and found this post.
Indy5 wrote:I think Flynn was a better pick than Rubio. I don't think he'll be good at all. What's he good at? He comes off the bench and scores like 5 ppg and has like 3 apg for his european team. He can't shoot at all. He is Rajon Rondo but not nearly as good.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:53 am

winner-within wrote:I actually don't think the Lakers will be able to get him off the Roster as much as Brown is going to want to. :shock: :shock:

Well the Lakers had their shot to let him go, but instead picked up his option for $16 million. Doesn't look like they want to get rid of him that bad.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:I actually don't think the Lakers will be able to get him off the Roster as much as Brown is going to want to. :shock: :shock:

Well the Lakers had their shot to let him go, but instead picked up his option for $16 million. Doesn't look like they want to get rid of him that bad.

Huge mistake.........Although I'm sure nobody else was going to invest..........theres a New Team in LA anyhow
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:32 pm

Flip wrote:Looking through some old threads and found this post.

Wow after seeing Rubio in the NBA I have to admit I was completely off on that prediction.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things