Upcoming Talent 8th, 9th, 10th Grade

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Upcoming Talent 8th, 9th, 10th Grade

Postby bballer21 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:09 am

where can i find wda freshman standings?
bballer21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BBFan2011 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:51 am

Travis Schock, Nick Eisenzimmer and Abdi Sufi are ones to watch for from West Fargo.
BBFan2011
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndathlete857 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Davies must have some pretty talented players coming up. Their freshman team won the edc freshman tournament and the jv team has not lost since christmas break.
ndathlete857
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Tanner Kretchman.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:25 pm

balla45 wrote:Tanner Kretchman.

He'd be the reason why the JV is so good...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndathlete857 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Do they have anyone else?
ndathlete857
NDPreps Reserve

Postby deerhunter » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:54 am

Well its been an interesting year CHS beat Minot and BHS, then Minot Beat CHS and BHS beat Minot.
Now we have Minot at CHS this Saturday and BHS at CHS on Monday the 20th. Should be interesting to see how it all rolls out. I don't think any of them have lost to another Freshman Team(?) I know some of the players have been playing up on their respective 10th grade Teams and some have been playing lower level JV all ahve been doing very well, so good experience for all of the young men. Good luck to all of them in the Freshman Tournament at the end of the month.
deerhunter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Very Interesting year between these 3 top teams
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby YourCrazy00 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:13 am

Rumor has it that Gibson is coming back hopefully by tournament time. Which could either be good or bad for BHS being he has been out the whole season. The tournament should be very interesting, being there are 3 teams at about the same skill level. I have been to a few of each BHS, CHS, and Minot games, and I noticed BHS has combined there a2 kids and a1 kids together, which is incredible that they can keep that up-tempo pace with 15 or 16 different kids getting rotated in. I have noticed their team chemistry is great, the 16 A guys are a real tight group as it seems. Which could help them out in the long run. Riley Henderson really caught my eye in the CHS games. He is a very talented young man and scores quite a few points. Seems pretty consistant. Kraft hasn't done a whole lot this year.. He has some good plays here and there but nothing like i expected to see with how much of an athlete the kid is. Minot is looking really good, the rebounding ability of Crosby, and Bosh is phenominal, and offensively Nick Soltis can absolutely take over the game, he is quick and hard to guard. I can't even say who is a better all around team.. MHS is great on offense, BHS is good defensively (both teams) , sometimes able to get momentum and take over the game, and CHS is just a good team all around.
YourCrazy00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mnvikings1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:11 pm

It appears as if Scott Hurlimann has given up on the season ha... VC had 3 freshmen
get quality playing time at Shanley last night. It was only a 2 point game in the second half and they were still in the game.
mnvikings1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:18 pm

WDA Freshman Tournament.

Century beats Minot in the championship. Bismarck over Mandan in the third place game.

I did not attend either of these two games, but had watched them earlier this weekend. Henderson is very impressive for Century. They really get after it defensively. Minot has a lot of length. They will be good in the future. Tharaldsen is an incredibly explosive athlete for Bismarck as well.

WDA Sophomore Tournament.

Century beats Bismarck in the championship. Minot over Dickinson in the third place game.

I attended both of these games. Hutchins and Holen were very impressive for Century in the championship game. Century really won the game at the free throw line. Bismarck struggled at the line, but I was very impressed with Dexter's younger brother Dylan, who is going to be a very solid player for BHS. Minot is a solid all round team. Halvorson makes them go and Larson was a force all weekend.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby deerhunter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:53 am

I watched all of the games. Century looked like the champion throughout the weekend. Minot and BHS both struggled all weekend. I thought Tharaldsen looked really good. Gibson probably shouldn't have been playing given his noticeable limp. Riley looked great for Century as well as Bosh and Repnow for Minot. Mandan appears to be improving also if there two big kids hit the weights this summer they may be tough next season as well.
deerhunter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:08 pm

It was a lot of fun to watch the freshman teams this weekend. Between Bismarck, Century, and Minot, it will be a toss up every year. All have very strong players but out of the group, Tharaldsen is the animal on the inside. I love watching him move in the paint.
Belcourt put together a very impressive game against Minot in the first round. If they played like that all the time they woudl be a very tuff team to beat. Go luck Belcourt!
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:14 am

Kozlowski, Strom, Weisbeck, and Nagel all receive all conference awards.

Taylor Schafer may be one of the best pure shooters the state has seen.

37/38 from the line for 97.4% and 46/101 from three for 45.4% shooting.

Colter Hustad leads the state in field goal percentage with 62.4% shooting.

The class of 2014 is very talented.

For the class of 2015, Blaze Irwin was very solid in the state tournament, and I think he will have a bright future.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Players who will put up bigger numbers now that it will be their turn.
Schock West Fargo If he would have got more time or team didnt have good upperclassmen might have put up good numbers.
Bartosh Red River Had a good state tournament, They had some depth so didnt play to many minutes during the season
Halvorson Devils Lake He will get better and stronger. He will work on creating shots and moving to get open.
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby MoSiouxFan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:31 am

Balla45, do you know what happened to Hadley Smith, a promising freshman point guard for Devils Lake a year ago? Didn't see his name in any box scores this season.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:44 am

He transferred to Four Winds. http://www.ndhsaa.com/files/1112_Board_ ... item_8.pdf

I can't find the article right now, but I know the request was denied. He should be a very solid player this spring/summer and next season.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MoSiouxFan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:37 am

balla45 wrote:He transferred to Four Winds. http://www.ndhsaa.com/files/1112_Board_ ... item_8.pdf

I can't find the article right now, but I know the request was denied. He should be a very solid player this spring/summer and next season.

Thanks! Does that appeal mean he didn't play for Four Winds this season because of a transfer rule or something?
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:59 am

I think I read somewhere that the reason for the transfer was due to the travel conditions, as some construction would have forced the drive to the school to be about 45 minutes.

Either way, the transfer rule was why he was not allowed to play. He still has his junior and senior seasons left.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bob05 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Jayden ferguson of Williston is another sophomore that started this year, he had a 28 points against Jamestown and 20 against st Mary's, he also had two 18 point games against belcourt and Mandan, he had the 2nd most points for all sophomores (wisebeck had the most)... And in my personal oppinpn he is a lot better they talyor Shafer
Bob05
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:13 pm

I think Ferguson is good.

I know off hand that the following sophomores outscored Ferguson.

Andrew Kozlowski - Fargo Davies
Patrick Strom - Fargo Shanley
Spencer Halvorson - Devil's Lake
Jack Christensen - Wahpeton
Ben Weisbeck - Saint Mary's Central
Scott Nagel - Saint Mary's Central
Darius Sparks - Saint Mary's Central
Taylor Schafer - Bismarck High School

I believe Ferguson was 9th in points scored among Class A sophomores.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bob05 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:31 pm

I was talking about in the WDA and it was my mistake, sparks did out score ferguson but he out scored nagel and Shafer
Bob05
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Taylor Schafer - 257 points - 10.28 points per game
Jayden Ferguson - 185 points - 9.25 points per game
Scott Nagel - 218 points - 8.72 points per game

Taylor Schafer had more total points and points per game. Scott Nagel only had more total points.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bob05 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Where are you getting your stats from? Because I am getting mine off wda website and they have way different numbers
Bob05
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:52 pm

The WDA website does not include Bismarck High's WDA Tournament and State Tournament games. It also does not include Saint Mary's Central's State Tournament games. That said, even without the WDA and State games, Taylor Schafer has a higher points per game average than Jayden Ferguson.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys