Mr.Basketball

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mr.Basketball

Postby Schmidty22 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:11 pm

It is too early to start discussing Mr.Basketball candidates? Well regardless here is who I got I really don't no much about class B except for Purintun from Linton but here are some possible class A finalists:

Dexter Werner- Bismarck
Devin Coyle- Mandan
Tom Fraase- Century
Mack Arvidson- Red River
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Re: Mr.Basketball

Postby babyjames6 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:17 pm

I believe that Dexter Werner deserves it for starting for BHS for 4 years and dominating all 4 years. You forgot to mention Class B players.
babyjames6
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 1112cc » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:26 pm

doesn't seem to matter what they did the first 3 years, only their senior year. Just ask Joe Hanstad.
1112cc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Schmidty22 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Im not really brushed up on my Class B players except for Purintun
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Langstaff averaged 39.4 points per game during the regular season. I am personally pulling for a Class A guy, and I think Dexter is the best senior this year.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:33 am

Mack Arvidson and Dexter Werner are the best Seniors in North Dakota. I have watched them both play several times. They are are constantly being defended , held ,pushed, elbowed, grabbed every game. I have seen some of the better class B players as well. They are good ,but not at the same level as Mack and Dexter.
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby T$$ » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:19 am

Dexter will be Mr. Basketball
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:31 pm

I hope so. I think he will end up as Bismarck High's all time leading scorer and rebounder. It is really, really, really hard for me to say anyone deserves it more than he does this year.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballer21 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:20 am

Bontjes
bballer21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:41 am

I do not think Bontjes is a first team all state player this season.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Mr. Basketball Finalists:

Mack Arvidson (Grand Forks Red River)
Devin Coyle (Mandan)
Melvin Langstaff (Warwick)
Justin McCloud (Bottineau)
Mike Paulson (Hatton-Northwood)
Tanner Purintun (Linton-HMB)
Dexter Werner (Bismarck)
Daniel Yale (Berthold)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Noah's » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:20 am

From what I saw last night against Wahpeton Werner doesn't even belong on the all state team, selfish, out of shape, no heart. That little guard from the huskies can play on my team any day. I know, I know, one game does not make the player, in that case Little wannabe coach Miller doesn't deserve any of the credit hes been getting either. How can you not be prepared for a state basketball game, hie whole team looked sluggish and undisciplined. My opinion, oh yea I hope NDSU liked what he saw in his new recruit!!!!!
Noah's
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:09 am

Noah's wrote:From what I saw last night against Wahpeton Werner doesn't even belong on the all state team, selfish, out of shape, no heart. That little guard from the huskies can play on my team any day. I know, I know, one game does not make the player, in that case Little wannabe coach Miller doesn't deserve any of the credit hes been getting either. How can you not be prepared for a state basketball game, hie whole team looked sluggish and undisciplined. My opinion, oh yea I hope NDSU liked what he saw in his new recruit!!!!!

You just insulted ND basketball as a whole...a top player, a dedicated coach, a top-notch high school program, a strong team that pulled off a great upset, and the Bison. Absolutely sad.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Noah's » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:06 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
Noah's wrote:From what I saw last night against Wahpeton Werner doesn't even belong on the all state team, selfish, out of shape, no heart. That little guard from the huskies can play on my team any day. I know, I know, one game does not make the player, in that case Little wannabe coach Miller doesn't deserve any of the credit hes been getting either. How can you not be prepared for a state basketball game, hie whole team looked sluggish and undisciplined. My opinion, oh yea I hope NDSU liked what he saw in his new recruit!!!!!

You just insulted ND basketball as a whole...a top player, a dedicated coach, a top-notch high school program, a strong team that pulled off a great upset, and the Bison. Absolutely sad.

You can't insult Mighty Mouse, you have to have a brain to be insulted, and you are wrong one of your comments....KUDOS TO THE HUSKIES was given when I said" That little guard from the huskies can play on my team any day" Class A Basketball as a whole took one giant step FORWARD when BHS was beaten last night by the mighty Huskies!!!!! Mr. Basketball probably won't go to the most deserving person this year but Class B will live on.
Noah's
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:31 pm

2011-12 Mr. Basketball goes to:

Final Results (based on a 5-3-1 point system)

Melvin Langstaff, Warwick (57)
Dexter Werner, Bismarck (53)
Daniel Yale, Berthold (21)
Mike Paulson, Hatton-Northwood (18)
Mack Arvidson, Grand Forks Red River (11)
Devin Coyle, Mandan (11)
Justin McCloud, Bottineau (7)
Tanner Purintun, Linton-HMB (2)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby YourCrazy00 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:51 pm

As I was just reading this, I couldn't beleive Noah's comment about Dexter being rude and the whole team "sluggish," then going and ragging on Coach Miller, or shall I say "wanna be." I personally think it's absolutely crazy what some people say on this site. You must not have watched Mr. Werner and his team Play once other than that game that they lost to the huskies. In fact Dexter does hold multiple accounts of records at Bismarck Highschool, how could the kid not deserve the recognition and award. His team was fine with him shooting a lot, so why complain about it. He's huge, athletic, and a player Noah's clearly knows nothing about.

BHS.
YourCrazy00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:46 pm

All I've got to say on this issue...

Compare the past 20 yrs basketball program records... :shock:
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys