Easiest Road to State

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Easiest Road to State

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:27 pm

I don't know who has easiest road to state now but i can tell you doing things by numbers by power rankings won't tell you the whole story. High school basketball teams progress through the year differently
with some improving tremedously from december to Febrary. Aslo teams change because of injuries that hold players off the court or even to ones playing with nagging injuries. Also teams peak differently where some very good teams aren't playing as well as they were early in the season. Another thing that can effect teams performance is health with sickness hitting a team during tournament time. Also were in inthe winner take all season where one bad night by one team and another team having game of the season can end very good team run to regional championship and going to state. There is always upsets at this time year.

I can agree alot with picking of who should win each game in the regions and especially ones where i have seen the teams play. But i also could tell you i could see how different teams with right circumstances and
right game plan could easily upset one teams favored. I guess that why we play the games.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby heimer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Anyone who thinks Central Cass's road to the state tournament is easy should get their head examined.

Their path is made easier by how good they are, but it will not be easy. Maple Valley will be up in their grill tonight.

Most regions are balanced because the teams are only so good. Region 1 is balanced because the semi-finalists are all very good teams.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby heimer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:17 am

How about that road now? Six seconds away from losing to a 21-2 team, and the posters on this board say that's easy. Not to mention that the five seed from District 2 is in a regional final, not because they fluked out, but because they are good enough.

North Star can have the headlines, Linton can have the tradition, Grafton can have the size, and Trinity and have.........well, whatever they have. Until you see a district or regional that has Kindred, Central Cass, Oak Grove, and any other good team from that district at the Fargo Civic, you haven't seen gritty, physical basketball. No road to a District 2 or Region I title is ever easy.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby kingjames101 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:49 am

heimer wrote:How about that road now? Six seconds away from losing to a 21-2 team, and the posters on this board say that's easy. Not to mention that the five seed from District 2 is in a regional final, not because they fluked out, but because they are good enough.

North Star can have the headlines, Linton can have the tradition, Grafton can have the size, and Trinity and have.........well, whatever they have. Until you see a district or regional that has Kindred, Central Cass, Oak Grove, and any other good team from that district at the Fargo Civic, you haven't seen gritty, physical basketball. No road to a District 2 or Region I title is ever easy.

Good point ill give ya that one. I listened to the the end of their game on the radio and i thought they were done myself. And the first thing i thought about was the easy road dig here we come. With that said not tring to take anything away from either team central cass didnt play their true game they should have and if they did it would not have been a tight game.
At this point for all regions you can only beat yourself. If ur in the Big Dance then youz can playz some ball boyz. And you beat urself when the heat is on due to being at this stage you should be able to overcome most issues that come up
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:31 am

The easiest road to State...goes to the Media....Its completely sponsored!!!

Get real everybody....."Basketball is a Game of Runs"...famous quote of the late Jim Bauley

and whether your the Best team in the world with the best looking Cheerleaders and the most painted up Moms in the stands, your still going to run into some Group of Kids that aren't going to Lay down (and they may make a Run at the right stage of the game).......You Hope to Run into a group that Gives up easy.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys