Region 4 Tourney

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 4 Tourney

Postby sports for life » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:16 pm

winner-within wrote:I thought NS was going to beat everybody by at least 25???.........thats what I heard, just asking

Winner everyone is sick of your BS so just stop. You're just mad because Cavalier lost tonight and North Star won. Give credit where credit is due.
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ramsfan8 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:23 pm

winner = poor-sport . . . I never seen anyone say NS by 25, but I guess your looking for a reaction, good luck on the golf course . . .
Ramsfan8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vball10 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Ramsfan8 wrote:winner = poor-sport . . . I never seen anyone say NS by 25, but I guess your looking for a reaction, good luck on the golf course . . .

Actually, 3rd post on this thread. NDlionsfan said no one would come within 20 of NS.

So, he didn't say 25 but winner was right with that comment.

Just went back and read some more, woodchuck10 also said NS would win by 20+ each game.
vball10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ramsfan8 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:41 pm

yes, but non-NS residents, I never heard anyone saying that Cando was going to yawn there way through this game, hats off to Warwick, well played . . .
Ramsfan8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby yadot » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Wow. Most exciting game I've seen in 30 years and I'm 40.
yadot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HighPlainsDrifter » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:53 pm

winner-within wrote:I thought NS was going to beat everybody by at least 25???.........thats what I heard, just asking

The difference tonight - Kyle Ironhawk showed up. Without him, it wouldn't have been close.

Let's give NS props for winning 50 straight. C'mon, you Can-do it! :D
HighPlainsDrifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby SlyOne » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:02 am

HighPlainsDrifter wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:
HighPlainsDrifter wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:wow..refs not helping warwick at all..

You could tell that from listening on the radio?

yep..hagler passed the ball after he got fouled and they give him three free throws and made them all...big difference in the game I think.

And you saw that somehow - through the radio? Look, I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but if YOU didn't see it, how do you know the wrong call was made?

i was there, bad call Hagler was trying to pass not shoot. Difference in the game!!!!
SlyOne
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:14 am

SlyOne wrote:
HighPlainsDrifter wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:
HighPlainsDrifter wrote:

yep..hagler passed the ball after he got fouled and they give him three free throws and made them all...big difference in the game I think.

And you saw that somehow - through the radio? Look, I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but if YOU didn't see it, how do you know the wrong call was made?

i was there, bad call Hagler was trying to pass not shoot. Difference in the game!!!!

First off, the kid shouldn't have fouled him there. That type of play gets free throws rewarded 90% of the time.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby HighPlainsDrifter » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:17 am

SlyOne wrote:
HighPlainsDrifter wrote:
KG4MVP wrote:
HighPlainsDrifter wrote:

I saw the video - looked like he was shooting to me. The foul made it look like a pass.
HighPlainsDrifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:28 am

Here's slow motion of the call. It looks to me like he went up for a shot and had to double-clutch because his arm got pulled down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybhkF7MQTbs
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby NodakQ2 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:31 am

Exactly what I saw. He was shooting, the foul made it look like a pass...Good Call.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby KG4MVP » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:37 am

It still looked like he was going to pass to the cutter, a possession or two later they ran the same play and he jump passed it to the open guy underneath. Huge call in the game, but after watching the video, if #11 for warwick, not sure who it its, boxes grande out were not even having this conversation and warwick wins the game...too bad for Warwick...they deserved to win.
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikingman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:53 am

There was no cutter at the point where I stopped the action. I don't think he would jump up like that hoping that someone would be able to cut to the basket. Haugen cut to the basket, but I would say that was more for rebounding position than a planned pass.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:10 am

I believe that if a player leaves his feet and is fouled in the air 2 shots will be awarded because officials can't determine pass or shot. I could totally be making this up, help anyone?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:19 am

I watched over and over and when they ran that same play later you can see it was a pass not a shot. he went to pass and his teammate wasnt open and he second guess it and then he broke open so hagler passed. it happens calls are made they dont have re-play. Wow watching those highlights was great. That would have been a gym to be sitting in. Great job to both teams. Mark is a legend on the radio. Him and Jake the Snake from Langdon have to be some of the Best.
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby panthercub » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:52 am

That was a shot and not a pass so the call was right, good film vikingman!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kingjames101 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:22 am

panthercub wrote:That was a shot and not a pass so the call was right, good film vikingman!

Go back and watch the video and if you have any knowledge of reading plays you will see it was a play that player goes from free throw line cutting to basket everyone thinking its a shot and he rolls to the basket for a easy lay up. they ran the same play later in the game everybody making same moves. Hagler shoots right hand the kid tapped him on his left as u can see it didnt affect his right arm he pulled back when kid wasnt open and when he broke away hagler dropped it over the top for him but the whistle blew so his teamate stopped. be open minded cuz you will see the same play later. The game is over so the call doesnt change anything now. So ur not out making a statement on the call now.
The only difference in the second play is the player was open right away so hagler doesnt pull back. So giving them credit they fooled warwick, the reffs, and all of you that think it was a shot.That is why Northstar is such a good team..
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:45 am

I think that Hagler came off a screen and saw that he had an uncontested three, and had all intentions of scoring. Later in the game, a similar scenario occurred, but he has enough ability and vision to make a pass in that situation as well. That said, it is definitely a shooting foul. I do not see how this is difficult to see.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Xfactor » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:46 am

kingjames101 wrote:
panthercub wrote:That was a shot and not a pass so the call was right, good film vikingman!

Go back and watch the video and if you have any knowledge of reading plays you will see it was a play that player goes from free throw line cutting to basket everyone thinking its a shot and he rolls to the basket for a easy lay up. they ran the same play later in the game everybody making same moves. Hagler shoots right hand the kid tapped him on his left as u can see it didnt affect his right arm he pulled back when kid wasnt open and when he broke away hagler dropped it over the top for him but the whistle blew so his teamate stopped. be open minded cuz you will see the same play later. The game is over so the call doesnt change anything now. So ur not out making a statement on the call now.
The only difference in the second play is the player was open right away so hagler doesnt pull back. So giving them credit they fooled warwick, the reffs, and all of you that think it was a shot.That is why Northstar is such a good team..

It was a good call. He pulled back because his arm was pulled down when he went up for the shot. Just quit complaining about the refs because if it was a well-reffed game then Langstaff and Ironhawk would've fouled out before that and North Star wouldn't have been in that situation.
Xfactor
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames101 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:08 am

Hey i didnt say anything about the reffs doing a bad job in the game now did i so SHUT UR TRAP. I stated what I saw on the highlights. And yes when you go up like that it should be a shooting foul. I didnt argue that either. If he was PULLED down as you call it then why didnt his body get PULLED to the left because it was a light foul and didnt argue the fact of if it was a foul or not. I gave them credit that they fooled everyone. Even after the whistle blew hagler went through the motion and it was a pass due to i give hagler the credit that if he was shooting then he would of had some arc on the ball to get to the rim. The ball went right to the perfect spot of the layup. Just like the next time they ran it.
Hagler and the boys fooled you and i tip my hat to them for it. So dont quote me and say quit complaining about reffs. I didnt complain I said (IT HAPPENS CALLS ARE MADE THEY DONT HAVE REPLAY) u won the game RELAX i was and still are giving credit to Hag and the BOYS.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NodakQ2 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:18 am

With all the disagreement on here on whether it was a pass or a shot, do you really thing "replay" would've made a difference? I don't see what everyone is excited about...It was a shooting foul.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:28 am

sports for life wrote:

Winner everyone is sick of your BS so just stop. You're just mad because Cavalier lost tonight and North Star won. Give credit where credit is due.

I'm happy for Mike Paulson and Team and the Thunder Fans.....Region 2 is always a Battle....I was really pleased how Chrest played D on Mike it was a true Man to man Battle....Thats what you get with Region 2 ball.

30 3's??? wouldn't happen in the Betty....just a different style ball over here.... :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:16 am

vball10 wrote:
Ramsfan8 wrote:winner = poor-sport . . . I never seen anyone say NS by 25, but I guess your looking for a reaction, good luck on the golf course . . .

Actually, 3rd post on this thread. NDlionsfan said no one would come within 20 of NS.

So, he didn't say 25 but winner was right with that comment.

Just went back and read some more, woodchuck10 also said NS would win by 20+ each game.

I did think NS would breeze through the tourney with how well they were playing prior to it. But I guess I underestimated some of the Dist 7 teams and they have brought their A game against Northstar each night. Tonight should be another close one from the way its been going. Still got Northstar heading to GF
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sports for life » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:14 am

winner-within wrote:
sports for life wrote:

I'm happy for Mike Paulson and Team and the Thunder Fans.....Region 2 is always a Battle....I was really pleased how Chrest played D on Mike it was a true Man to man Battle....Thats what you get with Region 2 ball.

30 3's??? wouldn't happen in the Betty....just a different style ball over here.... :)

Maybe a different style but North Star would still roll through that region as well. They already beat Grafton in that region so just admit it. You are being a poor sport because you can't stand to see North Star win.
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Oilers » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:32 am

Being from out of state I was listening to Beighley last night … the guy is a legend. He made the comment this was the best night of basketball (multiple games) he had seen since the 94 Regional tournament. Does anyone else recall some great nights of Regional or District tournaments?
Oilers
NDPreps Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Boys