Any great returners for next year in AA?

The teams in Class AA.

Any great returners for next year in AA?

Postby ND_Footballfan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:49 am

What players and from where?
ND_Footballfan
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Any great returners for next year in AA?

Postby SBd » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Grafton looses a good senior class but I believe they'll be good again next year.
They return three starting linemen. Jaime Villareal, Zach Peterson, Travis Dolan, and Sergio Quiano who didnt start but was a reserve will be a junior has good size and strength (6'0 250) should fill in nice next year. Garek Droog (6'4 175) will be a junior and shows promise at DE.
Some returning skill position players. Christian Lunde, Austin Contreras, Trevor Mcmartin, Julian Martinez, Matt Mendoza, and a few others.
They should have a good core of players for another good run next year.
SBd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thewanderer » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:08 pm

SBd wrote:Grafton looses a good senior class but I believe they'll be good again next year.
They return three starting linemen. Jaime Villareal, Zach Peterson, Travis Dolan, and Sergio Quiano who didnt start but was a reserve will be a junior has good size and strength (6'0 250) should fill in nice next year. Garek Droog (6'4 175) will be a junior and shows promise at DE.
Some returning skill position players. Christian Lunde, Austin Contreras, Trevor Mcmartin, Julian Martinez, Matt Mendoza, and a few others.
They should have a good core of players for another good run next year.

i agree with you SBd. i know some of those kids too. Those guys and others got alot of varsity minutes because of this years team's ability to be up by 30 at half in many games. Typically when you graduate alot of seniors the underclassmen have never taken a varsity snap.The ten guys you mentioned plus a few more got to play a half a game atleast 6 times this year and held there own just fine. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_Footballfan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Any other schools? Shanley, kindred, whapeton any like that? West schools?
ND_Footballfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indy5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:54 pm

Bishop Ryan only graduated 3 seniors so most their team is back. The whole O line is back.

I'm pretty sure Beulah's QB was only a junior. Pretty sure his top two receivers were juniors too.

Carrington brings back both their tailbacks I think.

Bottineau loses a lot of their team.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby nick1016 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Shanley will be fair to good next year. They may surprise everyone by how much they mature during the off - season. The freshman class this year was loaded with numbers and talent. In a couple of years, Shanley will be tough to beat. I really like the QB coming up through the ranks. Another Montplaiser. He has a great arm and field vision, maybe even better than his older brother. His running needs some maturing however.
nick1016
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Footballfan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Any others from shanley? I heard now they are really out of players..
ND_Footballfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsfan24 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:55 am

carrington brings back there starting qb, runnningback, a tackle guard tight end and receiver.
sportsfan24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby been_there_done_that » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Shanley will be better than people think next year. The QB position will be filled by Chase Montplaisir who has a lot of promise and is a very intelligent football player. The RB postion brings back Joe Laske who was a RB/FB and is going to be a 3 year starter at ILB. The RB position will be stacked next year for the Deacons. They run about 7 deep and everyone single one of the kids are very fast and a great ball carriers. The Line brings back both offensive tackles and 2 time all-state lineman in Josh Berg. They will need to fill spots at Center, and both guards, but they have young and strong and very talented candidates for those openings. At the tight end spots they lost 3 seniors but they have great talent and depth at that position as well. One of the tight end positions will probably be filled by Kelvin Caga who is going to be a sophomore and is a tremendous athlete and very strong. Receivers for Shanley will be young but very talented. They all are fast and can make big plays. Defensively they will not miss a beat, and may be better than the one they had last year. They are going to be fast defensively and very strong. It should be a good season next year for the deacons in AA, but AA should be good all over.
been_there_done_that
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Linebacker48 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Joe Laske is not much of a ball carrier to base your backfield off of
Linebacker48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby been_there_done_that » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Joe Laske is the type of ball carrier that can get you the yards when needed and he is sure handed. He doesnt fumble the ball and he gets you 4 to 5 yards a carry. Isn't that the point of the game? Don't turn the ball over and move the chains? And he is only part of a three back system that shanley runs. Like I said they have 6 other backs that can be that home run hitters. Laske doesn't have to be that, he just needs to grind out the yardage that Shanley needs. As for the other runningbacks that will be filling in for Joey Thoreson and Tyler Rivard you have Peter Simon and Danny Stasch. Both those kids tore it up in JV against JV teams from Fargo North, Fargo South, and West Fargo. Danny Stasch was having a nice Freshmen Year until he suffered a year ending injury against Central Cass. So I am not basing my opinion of Shanley's backfield just off of Joe Laske.
been_there_done_that
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Linebacker48 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:55 am

I get what your saying he is a good blocker and a physical player I was just saying he isn't that home run type of back
Linebacker48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PrepFBrules » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:49 am

sportsfan24 wrote:carrington brings back there starting qb, runnningback, a tackle guard tight end and receiver.

Carrington loses 1 starting lineman & 2 receivers that split playing time. All their playmakers are back in 2012, short injuries or a major choke job, they'll be tough in the West
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_Footballfan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:55 pm

I heard Laske isn't that great of a carrier either but when I watched the deacons he sure did know how to set a huge block for whoever was following him. I believe he is skilled and can run the ball when needed like you have said but he will most likely be a blocking back again this coming season.
ND_Footballfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby GoPack#2 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Ellery Bresnahan RB/DB from Central Cass will be strong next year.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:53 am

GoPack#2 wrote:Ellery Bresnahan RB/DB from Central Cass will be strong next year.

That kid can fly
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigslinger » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:36 am

what about wahpeton? i know they lose medhaug on offense and krause on defense. how are they looking for next year?
bigslinger
NDPreps Rookie

Postby footballislife14 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:03 am

I know I don't post much and being a fan of AA football I just wanna know what all-staters return from where and who can we count on to make an impact next year?
footballislife14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:11 pm

footballislife14 wrote:I know I don't post much and being a fan of AA football I just wanna know what all-staters return from where and who can we count on to make an impact next year?

Report this postReply with quoteAll-State Team
by Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:52 pm

Class AA all-state team

First team offense

Quarterback: Jake Hanson, sr., Grafton.

Running backs: Zayne Medhaug, sr., Wahpeton. Hunter Mairs, sr., Lisbon.

Receivers: Adam Jiskra, sr., Grafton. Joey Demers, sr., Grafton. Mark LaCroix, sr., Bottineau.

Linemen: Michael Berger, sr., St. Mary's. Julio Ybarra, sr., Carrington. Josh Berg, jr., Fargo Shanley. Joel Green, jr., Wahpeton. Jack Plankers, sr., Kindred.

First team defense

Backs: Preston Tescher, sr., St. Mary's. Brandon Nelson, sr., Shanley. Ellery Bresnahan, jr., Central Cass.

Linebackers: Zach Burns, sr., Grafton. Tyler Rivard, sr., Shanley. Mark Koble, sr., Minot Ryan. Tyson Rosenau, jr., Carrington.

Linemen: Alex Herold, sr., St. Mary's. Zach Peterson, jr., Grafton. Matt Martino, sr., Shanley. Cordell Schroeder, jr., Carrington.

First team at large

Justin McCloud, sr., Bottineau. Nick Salentine, sr., Shanley. Eric Bachmeier, soph., Kindred.

Second team offense

Trevor Zacher, jr., Beulah. Zach Suda, sr., Grafton. Joey Thorson, sr., Shanley. Matt Bowers, sr., and Wyatt Johnson, jr., Bottineau. Charlie Hermes, sr., Wahpeton. Casey Murphy, jr., and Taylor Skytland, jr., Carrington. Austin Dahlgren, sr., Kindred. Chase Fugere, jr., Ryan. Kyle Lovcik, jr., Rugby. Tanner Doll, sr., Lisbon. John Slater, sr., Turtle Mountain.

Second team defense

Erik Ham, sr., Beulah. Dylan Fridrich, sr., and Brandon Sickler, sr., Dickinson Trinity. Harrison Aide, soph., Bottineau. Trevor Anderson, jr., Griggs-Barnes County. Kris Leier, jr., Rugby. Race Heitkamp, sr., Kindred. Cooper Krause, sr., Wahpeton. Tyler Doll, sr., Lisbon. Josh Roesler, sr., Central Cass. Josh Magnuson, sr., and Tayler Lentz, jr., Valley City. Wyatt Azure, sr., Turtle Mountain.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballislife14 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Ok thank you for that, I understand all the underclass men are deserving but are some more standouts then others? Who will make a run for senior athlete of the year?
footballislife14
NDPreps Reserve

Return to AA