State Semi's on the Olympic Rink?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Teams of the East

State Semi's on the Olympic Rink?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Postby highandwide » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Somebody please tell me that is a typo on the ND High schedule and they are NOT playing the semi's in the OLYMPIC rink?!? How would you do that with standing room only?
highandwide
NDPreps Reserve

Re: State Semi's on the Olympic Rink?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Postby Clark17 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:13 pm

I just checked the NDHSAA's page and it has the boy's semis at the main rink.

I thought these tournaments were going to be held at different venues with the idea of alternating?

I think 16 teams earned the right to play at a showcase arena for all of their tournament games.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby old#63 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Boys opening round (4 games), semi's (2 games), and championship, and only the girls championship will be on the REA main. All other state games will be on the olympic or at Purpur. So, out of 22 games, only 8 will be on the main rink, 10 will be on the olympic, and 4 will be at Purpur.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby PR23 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Clark17 wrote:I just checked the NDHSAA's page and it has the boy's semis at the main rink.

I thought these tournaments were going to be held at different venues with the idea of alternating?

I think 16 teams earned the right to play at a showcase arena for all of their tournament games.

Name another city that could put every single state game in 1 venue in three days. Pretty unrealistic.
PR23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PR23 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:30 pm

highandwide wrote:Somebody please tell me that is a typo on the ND High schedule and they are NOT playing the semi's in the OLYMPIC rink?!? How would you do that with standing room only?

The boys semi's are in the main arena
PR23
NDPreps Reserve

Return to EDC