Easiest Road to State

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Easiest Road to State

Postby baller55 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:09 pm

not necessarily the best team, but who has the easiest road to state?
baller55
NDPreps Starter

Re: Easiest Road to State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:10 pm

quite possibly Central Cass in Region 1
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BB11 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:quite possibly Central Cass in Region 1

Agreed
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller55 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:14 pm

who does north star have to go through?
baller55
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:34 pm

baller55 wrote:who does north star have to go through?

Potentially Warwick, Four Winds-Minnewauken (only lost by 3 earlier in the year) and a Hot Carrington team.

Central Cass seems to have the easiest road since they haven't really played a close game against any teams left in Region 1.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby baller55 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:36 pm

what are the matchups for state this year?
baller55
NDPreps Starter

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
baller55 wrote:who does north star have to go through?

Potentially Warwick, Four Winds-Minnewauken (only lost by 3 earlier in the year) and a Hot Carrington team.

Central Cass seems to have the easiest road since they haven't really played a close game against any teams left in Region 1.

They have such an easy road because their team is so good, of course somewhat assisted by the fact that there is no team that can come close to matching them in region one
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:03 pm

baller55 wrote:what are the matchups for state this year?

State Pairings are (in order)

Region 5 vs. Region 8
Region 2 vs. Region 4
Region 3 vs. Region 6
Region 1 vs. Region 7
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:15 pm

ILoveBaseball21 wrote:They have such an easy road because their team is so good, of course somewhat assisted by the fact that there is no team that can come close to matching them in region one

I think most posters would agree if Grafton, Hatton-Northwood, North Star, Lamoure were to trade places with Central Cass their path would be just as easy.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Flip wrote:
ILoveBaseball21 wrote:They have such an easy road because their team is so good, of course somewhat assisted by the fact that there is no team that can come close to matching them in region one

I think most posters would agree if Grafton, Hatton-Northwood, North Star, Lamoure were to trade places with Central Cass their path would be just as easy.

I would say easier. Nothing againest Central Cass but if they played those 4 teams above they would at best be 2-4.
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wolves65 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:00 am

look up the scores-against like opponents CC come out ahead-Hatton vs thompson 60-59 CC vs Thompson 79-51
Lamoure vs LInton 13 point win without Puriton CC 9 point win with him. Grafton- CC wins-Hatton loses
worst case they to 3-1 and getting to the tournament isn't easy for anyone so lets have them earn the spot and not give it to them. Teams play a different style when they know if they lose they are done so CCass better strap it on and play because nobody is going to give it to them on the court.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:36 am

I wanna know what happened to my Post.........the admid has been notified........
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby NoIinTeam » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:49 am

When a team gets to regions anything can happen. For a team to remain undefeated through out the whole season is difficult. To claim that other teams from other regions would have an easier go of it in Region 1 than CC is argueable. When comparing like opponents of the teams mentioned in an earlier post it doesn't appear any of those teams would have it any easier. Without seeing North Star play, I can only guess at how a game between North Star and CC would go. My guess is it would be a very good game. The only like opponent I could find for NS and CC was Grafton. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looked like NS beat Grafton by 9 at NS gym. CC beat Grafton by 5 at the Grafton gym. Take that for what it's worth.
If CC plays their game it appears they could make it to state, but any team can get hot or cold on any given night. There are some good teams in Region 1 and I hope CC doesn't look past any of them.
NoIinTeam
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:04 am

winner-within wrote:I wanna know what happened to my Post.........the admid has been notified........

You know exactly what happened to your post. The admin can read the moderator forum as well, and will know what happened to your post. The moderator deleting it made an error and told you about the error.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:42 am

NoIinTeam wrote:When a team gets to regions anything can happen. For a team to remain undefeated through out the whole season is difficult. To claim that other teams from other regions would have an easier go of it in Region 1 than CC is argueable. When comparing like opponents of the teams mentioned in an earlier post it doesn't appear any of those teams would have it any easier. Without seeing North Star play, I can only guess at how a game between North Star and CC would go. My guess is it would be a very good game. The only like opponent I could find for NS and CC was Grafton. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looked like NS beat Grafton by 9 at NS gym. CC beat Grafton by 5 at the Grafton gym. Take that for what it's worth.
If CC plays their game it appears they could make it to state, but any team can get hot or cold on any given night. There are some good teams in Region 1 and I hope CC doesn't look past any of them.

Central Cass tends to get off to slow starts, if that happens against a team like North Star, it will be tough for them to come back.
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDplayin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:03 pm

I decided to see what the end of regular season QRF rankings and numbers Run4Fun post on another thread would say about this. Obviously QRF numbers don't make a better team... just a mathematical way to speculate... but since this whole thread is speculation... I thought what the heck.

If you want to compare the "best team" (by QRF) in the region to the "second best team"- Central Cass has the easiest road to state with a spread of 44.5 QRF points (195.8-151.3) over Maple Valley.

If you want to compare the "best team" to the rest of the region combined, North Star has the easiest road to state with a spread of 90.9 QRF points over the average of the other 7 teams combined (196.7-105.8 )

If you add the two spreads together... spread of the top team over the second team and spread of the top team over the average of the other seven... Central Cass and North Star come up with the two biggest numbers with Central Cass barely edging North Star 126.22 to 120.5
Last edited by NDplayin on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDplayin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kingjames101 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:12 pm

NDplayin wrote:I decided to see what the end of regular season QRF rankings and numbers Run4Fun post on another thread would say about this. Obviously QRF numbers don't make a better team... just a mathematical way to speculate... but since this whole thread is speculation... I thought what the heck.

If you want to compare the "best team" (by QRF) in the region to the "second best team"- Central Cass has the easiest road to state with a spread of 44.5 QRF points (195.8-151.3) over Maple Valley.
Thank you very much that's rests my point. I also looked at that.
If you want to compare the "best team" to the rest of the region combined, North Star has the easiest road to state with a spread of 90.9 QRF points over the average of the other 7 teams combined (196.7-105.8)

If you add the two spreads together... spread of the top team over the second team and spread of the top team over the average of the other seven... Central Cass and North Star come up with the two biggest numbers with Central Cass barely edging North Star 126.22 to 120.5
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:21 pm

balla45 wrote:
winner-within wrote:I wanna know what happened to my Post.........the admid has been notified........

You know exactly what happened to your post. The admin can read the moderator forum as well, and will know what happened to your post. The moderator deleting it made an error and told you about the error.

I got the error info after I had personally seen my post gone....so I thought I would ask......Yes, deleted in Error.........but you see there have been numerous ones Deleted deliberately without explanation....
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:27 pm

winner-within wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I saw it about nothing to lose region up for anybody etc. Nothing bad said. Someone was accidentally being a friend.

I got the error info after I had personally seen my post gone....so I thought I would ask......Yes, deleted in Error.........but you see there have been numerous ones Deleted deliberately without explanation....
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kingjames101 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:33 pm

My post got put in yours and I DID NOT use the word friend either. Thumbs up to advisor to cover that quick. Rhymes with tick...
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thewanderer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:23 pm

what the heck are you guys talking about. you lost me completely. Region 2 final game Grafton vs Cav, Grafton by 12. jmho
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:29 pm

winner-within wrote:I got the error info after I had personally seen my post gone....so I thought I would ask......Yes, deleted in Error.........but you see there have been numerous ones Deleted deliberately without explanation....

I've had post deleted too.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby NoIinTeam » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Guess I'm not sure why some feel CC has the easiest road just because of a QRF ranking. It is interesting to look at and talk about but by no means proves CC has the easiest route to state. It doesn't make CC any less of a team because of supposedly being in a weak region. "IF" the top ranked teams make it to state, then we can see how well team A compares to team B. Until then I guess we just have to hope everyone's favorite team moves on to state. I'm not sure why it appears there are a few posters that are questioning how strong a team CC might or might not be just because Region 1 might be a little down. I hope everyone takes them lightly. I know CC looks like they don't take anyone lightly and play extremely hard every minute they are on the court regardless of the competition.
NoIinTeam
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:06 pm

NoIinTeam wrote:Guess I'm not sure why some feel CC has the easiest road just because of a QRF ranking. It is interesting to look at and talk about but by no means proves CC has the easiest route to state. It doesn't make CC any less of a team because of supposedly being in a weak region. "IF" the top ranked teams make it to state, then we can see how well team A compares to team B. Until then I guess we just have to hope everyone's favorite team moves on to state. I'm not sure why it appears there are a few posters that are questioning how strong a team CC might or might not be just because Region 1 might be a little down. I hope everyone takes them lightly. I know CC looks like they don't take anyone lightly and play extremely hard every minute they are on the court regardless of the competition.

I don't think that Region 1 is weak...my argument for Central Cass having the easiest road to state is because they are just that good. No one is/will be taking Central Cass lightly...at all.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby NoIinTeam » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Run,

I agree with you 100%. My point was that some posters make it appear as though CC has an easy schedule and therefor aren't as good as other top teams in the state, or wouldn't compete as well against top teams in the state.
NoIinTeam
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys