All State predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

All State predictions

Postby TDown » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:57 am

We had a topic about early all State players.. well what about all State predictions now that the regular season is coming to a close. Players and their stats would be nice is known!
TDown
NDPreps Reserve

Re: All State predictions

Postby slugger4life » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:06 pm

You almost have to say Jake Hagler would be a definate... other than that I would have to stay Dan Yale, Mike Paulson, Melvin Langstaff, Justin McCloud and Preston Smith.
slugger4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:09 pm

I think Daniel Grande has to get in as well, along with Landon Lechler and Jacob Volk.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:20 pm

Jake Hagler (North Star)
Dan Yale (Berthold)
Mike Paulson (Hatton-Northwood)
Melvin Langstaff (Warwick)
Justin McCloud (Bottineau)
Preston Smith (New Town)
Andreas Holm (Divide County)
Houston Lavachek (Glenburn)
Ellery Bresnahan (Central Cass)
Jordan Haselau (Maple Valley)
Tanner Purintun (Linton-HMB)
Alex Bloms (Berthold)
Daniel Grande (North Star)
Jacob Volk (Dickinson Trinity)
Chad Mosbrucker (Mott-Regent)
Kaine Hanson (New England)
Jake Hanson (Grafton)

Landon Lechler (Beach) - have heard about attitude issues...this may lead to him not being recognized as an All-State player.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Jake Hagler (North Star)
Dan Yale (Berthold)
Preston Smith (New Town)
Alex Bloms (Berthold)
Jake Hanson (Grafton)

Landon Lechler (Beach) - have heard about attitude issues...this may lead to him not being recognized as an All-State player.

I would replace Bloms, Mosbrucker or Kaine Hanson with Tyler Thielges from Lamoure. No disrepect meant to any of these three. Thielges's numbers may not be as gaudy as some but he is a lock down defender who can carry a team offensively if needed and is the best player on an undefeated, 3rd ranked team. Paulson, who just went over 1,500 career points was limited to 13 in part due to Thielges.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mike Ditka » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:17 am

Have you seen Kaine Hanson or Mosbrucker play? They both are front runners to win Region 7 mvp...neither should be taken off a list for a defensive player....they are both great on defense too...hanson is almost averaging a triple double....he's an easy choice for all state....possibly first team.
Mike Ditka
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:56 am

I think Tyler Thielges provided a sound argument for his inclusion on this years Class B All State Team with 21 points (5 - 3 pointers) while limiting one of the best shooters in Region 3 to 3 points (and even that was on a questionable foul call behind the arc in the 4th quarter) in the District 5 Championship game. Thielges was then named District 5 Senior Athlete of the Year. Thielges is a poster boy for the fact that you can not only value what appears on the stats sheet. Although, if given the opportunity, he can and will still light you up. He also is a terrific young man. He seems to be so often overlooked on this board due to statistics that I feel compelled to extol his virtues as a player. And, no, I am not from Lamoure.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:55 pm

I know Tyler from some off season ECI basketball stuff. Great player, Great kid. If Tyler were running for president, you would be a great campaign manager! good luck to Lamoure!
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby d_fense » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Dan Yale (Berthold)
Preston Smith (New Town)
Alex Bloms (Berthold)
Jake Hanson (Grafton)

Two region 1 players on this list, but not the best player in the region, Josh Hansana.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:40 pm

d_fense wrote:
Dan Yale (Berthold)
Preston Smith (New Town)
Alex Bloms (Berthold)
Jake Hanson (Grafton)

Two region 1 players on this list, but not the best player in the region, Josh Hansana.

I forgot him...but if anything he could replace Mosbrucker on my list...I didn't know how many could make All-State when originally making this list.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby d_fense » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:44 pm

I am not certain that Josh is an all state player. I am confident that he is very good, and without question better than Bresnahan and Haselau.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby MTfan4life » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:15 pm

d_fense wrote:I am not certain that Josh is an all state player. I am confident that he is very good, and without question better than Bresnahan and Haselau.

Saying without question better than Bresnahan or Haselau is really stepping out on a limb. Haselau is such a unique type player. It's a wonder how prolific his scoring would be if he was more proactive on the offensive end. He shoots the ball so well whenever he puts a shot up and is one of the smartest players I have ever seen take the basketball court. Bresnahan is such a key player to CC's success. He is such a pesky guard on defense and offense and can shoot with the best of them. He seemingly never tires and is the go to guy when they need a momentum starting or stopping bucket/big pass. To say Hansana is definitely better than those two, IMO, is not fully looking at those two players. Sure Hansana is a tremendous player, but don't take anything away from the similar quality displayed by Haselau and Bresnahan.
MTfan4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:22 pm

thewanderer wrote:I know Tyler from some off season ECI basketball stuff. Great player, Great kid. If Tyler were running for president, you would be a great campaign manager! good luck to Lamoure!

Ha. Maybe. I'm done campaigning, his game speaks for itself. People just need to look beyond the numbers at times. Also, he probably could care less about an individual accolade as he is a consumate team guy. I just think he is very deserving as many of these players are. Every year deserving players get left off and looking at the list of great seniors shows this year will be no different.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby NoIinTeam » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:25 pm

This is my first post on preps so forgive me.

When speaking of REGION 1 and all state selections, a certain poster made a comment about Hasana being more deserving than Haselau or Bresnahan. I can't speak alot about Haselau, but I have seen Bresnahan more than once. He is the true meaning of a point guard. Excellent decision maker, great ball handler, precision passing skills, extremely quick first step to the bucket and one of the best one on one defenders I have seen in many years.
In no way do I think Hansana should not be included in the all state selection. But I do feel Bresnahan should be considered for all state every bit as much as anyone in the Region or anyoone in the eastern part of the state as far as I'm concerned. He has proven himself against nearly every team he has faced this year. Ask Grafton,(one of the top teams in the state), what they thought of Bresnahan after the Squirrels upended them in Grafton.
If I were to build an all star team of players just from Region 1, Bresnahan would be my first player selected.
NoIinTeam
NDPreps Starter

Postby thewanderer » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:34 pm

NoIinTeam wrote:This is my first post on preps so forgive me.

When speaking of REGION 1 and all state selections, a certain poster made a comment about Hasana being more deserving than Haselau or Bresnahan. I can't speak alot about Haselau, but I have seen Bresnahan more than once. He is the true meaning of a point guard. Excellent decision maker, great ball handler, precision passing skills, extremely quick first step to the bucket and one of the best one on one defenders I have seen in many years.
In no way do I think Hansana should not be included in the all state selection. But I do feel Bresnahan should be considered for all state every bit as much as anyone in the Region or anyoone in the eastern part of the state as far as I'm concerned. He has proven himself against nearly every team he has faced this year. Ask Grafton,(one of the top teams in the state), what they thought of Bresnahan after the Squirrels upended them in Grafton.
If I were to build an all star team of players just from Region 1, Bresnahan would be my first player selected.

i have only seen him once in Grafton. He was great. Zimmerman was average at best in that game. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Zimmerman didn't impress me, as far being outstanding....Bresnahan is physically real strong, quick and respectable at shooting....those 2 guards would be a real good match up for grande and hagler i think they could rattle them a bit
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby wolves65 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:52 pm

zimmerman was playing on a bad ankle in Grafton-hurt it the thursday night prior to the grafton. He was sluggish that whole game so you didn't get to see him at his best. not as quick as bresnahan but a very good in the open court and a stopper on defense.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys