District 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: District 4

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:24 pm

"bad calls going both ways" is a relative statement with no relevance to a badly called game...Why? because its at what juncture of the game when they were made......need the semi circle bad....Even if Freidt passes the ball ahead (because chrest was there) there is still the one player thats trying to defend both players and 9 times outta ten he's not going to pull off drawing the charge....just isnt going to happen!....the logical play is foul and make him earn it on the line......taking the charge is a huge gamble
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:46 pm

thewanderer wrote:FYI, i said "outside" chance. i agree it is unlikely. in my opiniion the H-N game vs DVE could be a close one where i dont believe the Grafton vs Hilsboro game will be close. Calvalier will beat GriggsC, the other game is a toss up but i will take PRFL over thompson JMHO

I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the Region first round. I believe HN will beat DVE handily. They are playing excellent basketball right now. Cavalier probably gets Griggs, but Billy Engel does a great job of running the show and Watne is very used to scoring big against larger opponents.

Thompson is all about matchups - if you can defend Adam in the post, you can beat them. If not, he gets 25-30. I haven't seen PRFL so I don't know if they can defend Adam or not. Hillsboro - talented team, it all depends heavily on whether Otto and Dufner can keep their emotions in check. If Grafton gets the game into the 60s or above, they'll win. If Hillsboro can defend and keep the score down, this one will go down to the wire.

I believe District 3 is much better this year and will represent themselves well.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:56 pm

I think both Grafton and H/N win their games by 15 point margins. The other two games are a toss up in my opinion. No sweeps, but I could see a 3 to 1 advantage going to either district.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby thewanderer » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Hinsa wrote:
thewanderer wrote:FYI, i said "outside" chance. i agree it is unlikely. in my opiniion the H-N game vs DVE could be a close one where i dont believe the Grafton vs Hilsboro game will be close. Calvalier will beat GriggsC, the other game is a toss up but i will take PRFL over thompson JMHO

I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the Region first round. I believe HN will beat DVE handily. They are playing excellent basketball right now. Cavalier probably gets Griggs, but Billy Engel does a great job of running the show and Watne is very used to scoring big against larger opponents.

Thompson is all about matchups - if you can defend Adam in the post, you can beat them. If not, he gets 25-30. I haven't seen PRFL so I don't know if they can defend Adam or not. Hillsboro - talented team, it all depends heavily on whether Otto and Dufner can keep their emotions in check. If Grafton gets the game into the 60s or above, they'll win. If Hillsboro can defend and keep the score down, this one will go down to the wire.

I believe District 3 is much better this year and will represent themselves well.

My only reasoning with the Thompson vs PRFL is that if PRFL applies an effective full court press(which they have), it will keep the ball out of the hands of J Adam. My opinion mainly stems from this years history in games that Grafton played. They beat Thompson(one win vs H-N) by 25, DP by 25, then beat H-N in a close game at Hatton. I know H-N has had some injuries but Grafton has as well. On the other hand, Grafton has had close games with all of the other 3 teams from District 4. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby thewanderer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:12 pm

I have Cav and Grafton in the region final. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys