North Star vs. Warwick

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: North Star vs. Warwick

Postby panthercub » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Thought Ironhawk was out?
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:23 pm

The article I read indicated they may be getting him back.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:25 pm

EHS1998 wrote:The article I read indicated they may be getting him back.

I believe the hardship request got denied by the NDHSAA, according to the minutes of their last meeting.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:25 pm

What article did you read??

I was also under the impression he was done
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Read the board meeting minutes on the NDHSAA website.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:06 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Read the board meeting minutes on the NDHSAA website.

Sorry we posted at the same time. I meant EHS and the article he read, I dont see anyway he comes back and plays.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:38 pm

"They’ve done so despite being without a few main players for a handful of reasons. They’ll get one of those key players back for the postseason in versatile senior Kyle Ironhawk."

This quote was extracted from the Feb 8th Jamestown Sun article about the Warwick boys basketball team, written by David Selvig.

Certainly by no means definitive, just what I based my earlier statement on.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby blackvanilla » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:43 pm

I'm picking Warwick by 25, Langstaff is just a better player, And all around person for that matter.
“Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy”
blackvanilla
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HighPlainsDrifter » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Ironhawk

After reading the minutes and supporting documentation, I guess my only question is when did the 6 game suspension start? The board definitely and unambiguously denied the Warwick request.
HighPlainsDrifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ramsfan8 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Warwick by 25, LMAO . . . seriously?

I am not argueing that Langstaff isnt a high caliber HS class B basketball player. He is in the top 20 in North Dakota for sure this year. If you go by scoring ability he is in top 10. People forget that you need to factor strength of schedule, there are some very good players out there that follow coaches system, play tough teams that could arguably do the same given the situation.

Again - Warwick did not play a top 10 ranked team. They did play Four Winds and won and Four Winds is a good team.

Northstar beat 3 top 10 ranked teams this year. In fact beat them quite soundly. Warwick is good but they allowed alot of points from some .500 caliber teams this year.

I think any of the current top 10 teams would be Warwick by 15 at least if they played today.

But I guess it will all play it self out in the next few weeks. Midkota may supprise a few. They were close to Warwick. Any stiff defense will give Warwick some trouble. I do wwish them the best. Langstaff is a good person and deserves a nice run to and through state.

They have their work cut out for them. Saying by 25 points is very funny.
Ramsfan8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DTaBM » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:35 pm

Don't really matter unless you care who gets second to FW!!! No one will remember if Warrick knocks off NStar in the 2nd round!!!
Death To all But Metal!!!

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin right here aright!
DTaBM
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 2XSTATECHAMP » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:29 pm

What kind of odds are you giving blackvanilla? Remember you are spotting 25 pts. I'll take Northstar. Name your price? I'm sure you would have a lot of takers on that bet.
2XSTATECHAMP
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:42 pm

blackvanilla wrote:I'm picking Warwick by 25, Langstaff is just a better player, And all around person for that matter.

I'll take that bet. Langstaff is NOT a better player than Hagler.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby WHSgraduate » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
N2X wrote:DL Sports Arena in Devils Lake

Excellent. Thanks.

Actually, it's in New Rockford this year. There is wrestling at the DL Sports Arena.
WHSgraduate
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:19 am

WHSgraduate wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:
N2X wrote:DL Sports Arena in Devils Lake

Excellent. Thanks.

Actually, it's in New Rockford this year. There is wrestling at the DL Sports Arena.

He asked where the region 4 tourney was not district. Regions are in Devils Lake.
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan24 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:19 pm

carrington beat warwick by 24 i beleive. carrington was up by somewhere around 20 at half time. carrington has been steping up their game when it matters now.
sportsfan24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SlyOne » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Carrington 88 Warwick 57

Langstaff 31
Motley 10
Last edited by SlyOne on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlyOne
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:21 pm

well if North Star and Warwick play each other...it will be in the semifinals and not the title.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby SlyOne » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 pm

I see in my crystal ball Northstar v Carrington in Championship
Carrington Coach has really been utilizing the talent he has alot better in the last 6 games then he has all year. They are really beginning to turn their game up should be an interesting Regional Tournament. Northstar will really be tough, last outing was NS 81, Carrington 51.
SlyOne
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan24 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:10 pm

north star destroyed carrington in the regular season. i will give you that. but so did four winds and warwick. warwick dominated carrington also. now in the past district games carringtons hardest game came from the first round against nr. that went into overtime when carrington beat fourwinds by plenty and also came out and put a boot to the throat when they played warwick. it will be a good region tourny thats all i have to say and you guys are really underestimating the new carrington team.
sportsfan24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ramsfan8 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:05 am

sportsfan24 wrote:north star destroyed carrington in the regular season. i will give you that. but so did four winds and warwick. warwick dominated carrington also. now in the past district games carringtons hardest game came from the first round against nr. that went into overtime when carrington beat fourwinds by plenty and also came out and put a boot to the throat when they played warwick. it will be a good region tourny thats all i have to say and you guys are really underestimating the new carrington team.

You are correct. Anything can happen in regions. We will see what shakes out tonight.

Assuming that NS and Carrington make finals as the above predicts. I still say anyone that wants to beat NS has to play their A+++ game. If they don't, they will be another statistic. Carrington had a good district tourney. It appeared they played as a team and played defense. Anone that plays good "D" against Warwick and FW and shoots well will win. Well not eveyone but upper calibre teams
Ramsfan8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Class A and Class B from my experience seem to follow NCAA mens D1......and in all regions this year there is no clearcut shoe in......although In Region 4 there is the defending champs who are undefeated....they may not see any serious Comp till State....but I know one thing they will see it there!!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ramsfan8 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:54 pm

winner-within wrote:Class A and Class B from my experience seem to follow NCAA mens D1......and in all regions this year there is no clearcut shoe in......although In Region 4 there is the defending champs who are undefeated....they may not see any serious Comp till State....but I know one thing they will see it there!!!

Agreed . . . there will be some very good games with the "predicted" possibilities of making state.
Ramsfan8
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys