Next Season

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Next Season

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:17 am

South Border is going to be a real solid team and along with WL are my early favorites. To say WL has only 2 players just isn't true, they return 4 all region athletes and 1 honorable mention. They lose one starter on a pretty solid defense, and 3 on a good offense. They return a lot, the difference is the only 3 that got talked about all year were Illies, Bell, and Vasquez. I feel like every year is the same story with WL, everyone says they graduate everything and will be down the next year. Come season they are ready to go and are a real tough team to beat, they have made the quarter finals 4 years in a row, been to the state semis twice in a row, and won a state championship in that time. To sleep on WL would be absolutely foolish, piratedad I guarentee that post motivates some off season work and motivates a lot of anger on that team. Strenge is one of the best coaches in the state at getting his teams to play with a chip on their shoulder.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby piratedad » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:31 am

Strenge is an awesome coach and he will have that team ready. But this region is so competitive I just feel you can't just pencil a team in. Upsets happen and WL needs to find a qb, Lois can do it but I think the Wittenberg kid will get the nod he has a much cooler head and he will need time, he didn't have a lot of snaps. However it goes it will be interesting. Lots of talent here which means lots of fun to watch!
piratedad
NDPreps Rookie

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:18 am

Agreed! The major theme in this region next year seems to be good teams that need a QB, except for South Border witch is why I think they have to be the early favorite.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballislife15 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:21 am

how about defensively do teams look?
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:58 am

My guess for the five teams in the first poll:
(in no particular order)
Cavalier
North Star
Napoleon
WL
South Border
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:25 pm

That would be my top 5 going into the preseason
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballislife15 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:10 pm

how would LaMoure and South Border match up next season? South Border wins by a lot or a close game?
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:36 pm

From what I saw this year in my opinion it would be a close game. South Border returns a lot, if this game is played at the end of the year when both teams have everything figured out it will be a good game. If it is played early in the season and Lamoure is still trying to figure out the QB issue it might not be as close but I think still only about a 10 pt game. I think Lamoure figures everything out in pre season though. I think Region 1 next year is gonna come down to the final week or 2, with 3 or 4 of th better teams in the state in the region. Region 1 also has a lot of teams that should be pretty decent. I'm calling it now Region 1 is the funnest region to watch next year.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:41 am

I think we all know by now that we can NEVER count out the Imperials, regardless of who has graduated. They seem to simply reload each year and contend for the region title. I doubt next year will be different. However, they do have some big questions at RB and QB specifically. I am interested in who their running back is going to be next year, their line should be very good once again. Will they move Weigel there or will they go with the big man Biene, or a combo? Their back up QB, whose name I can't remember was pretty good, I think he played some WR for them last year and also was a starting DB. Replacing studs like Swartzenberger and Rath Wald will not be easy, but like I said above, Napoleon just reloads and moves on.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:41 pm

I think that's the sign of a great program and great coaching staff; the ability to move on and retool every year without ever really missing a step
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:29 am

defensewinsgames wrote:I think that's the sign of a great program and great coaching staff; the ability to move on and retool every year without ever really missing a step

Agreed.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby imperials » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:13 am

trent fettig was the backup qb
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:19 am

imperials wrote:trent fettig was the backup qb

Thanks. Pretty good player in his own right.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:20 pm

How old is? Any idea of what kind of player he is?
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby blackvanilla » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:02 pm

can NorthStar break the streak of two straight runner ups, and hoist the state title trophy? :P hmmmmmmmmmm!? :shock:
“Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy”
blackvanilla
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man