Casey Quinlan

Re: Casey Quinlan

Postby packerbacker2013 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Ndbaseball999 wrote:
anyballgame45 wrote:The bench press is the worst thing a pitcher can do.

Besies Military press....but i understand what you mean.

well der bob, although i like me some good ol fashion military press, i've got to say that the bench press is still the most quality lift. i like it because the bench press is an exercise for the upper body. For pitching purposes, it is used to stimulate the pectorals, deltoids, and triceps. The exercise focuses on the development of the pectoralis major muscle as well as other supporting muscles including the anterior deltoids, serratus anterior, coracobrachialis, scapulae fixers, trapezii, and the triceps which are vital to ones pitching mechanics and accuracy.
packerbacker2013
NDPreps Reserve

Postby anyballgame45 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:46 pm

By doing the bench press you will improve your mechanics? Really!

Pitching is simply not a strength activity. Pitching requires explosive movements starting with the legs and moving up to the elasticity of the upper body and especially the arm. The more bulk you build the more elasticity you will loose. Casey may have started doing lighter weights and multiple sets which could explain why he is not benching as much. One would be better off mixing in more push ups instead of trying to see how much you can bench.
anyballgame45
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Sparta » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:09 pm

anyballgame45 wrote:By doing the bench press you will improve your mechanics? Really!

Pitching is simply not a strength activity. Pitching requires explosive movements starting with the legs and moving up to the elasticity of the upper body and especially the arm. The more bulk you build the more elasticity you will loose. Casey may have started doing lighter weights and multiple sets which could explain why he is not benching as much. One would be better off mixing in more push ups instead of trying to see how much you can bench.

i have to disagree anyballgame45 (cute name by the way)....personally I believe that ones mechanics are directly corresponded to ones max bench press. in other words, the more yoaked you are the harder you huck, just like the movie "Moneyball" its just simple math.
Mr. Sparta
NDPreps Reserve

Postby FargoBaseballPlayer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:37 pm

This kid is a manimal. I predict to see him going somewhere BIG.
FargoBaseballPlayer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flip » Fri May 04, 2012 1:59 am

Ndbaseball999 wrote:
anyballgame45 wrote:The bench press is the worst thing a pitcher can do.

Besies Military press....but i understand what you mean.

I've never head anything bad about pitchers benching any overhead pressing is supposed to be pretty bad though.

Google "eric cressey pitchers overhead press" for more information.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Class A