NFL playoffs

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: NFL playoffs

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:46 am

winner-within wrote:The Pack should be a title lock....but the Giants always play them tough....and Eli loves going after the big guns....its highly likely he developed that attitude right in his own house growing up...I like the Giants balance, I think its the best outta the teams that are left.
Denver will need to rush on Brady, beat him up....if he gets time to pass the Broncs are in trouble.....You will see tebow getting 50- 100 yds rushing, and this could be the difference.
If Andre Johnson goes big, Baltimore is going down
If Breeze has a hayday for one more game with his arm...then just hand them the trophy....someone has to stop that guy and it may just be San fran

4/4 on my picks for the 2 pools.......... :D........I wonder if anyone needs to question The Giants D now???
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:55 pm

ELI.....Hmm, clear my throat
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:05 am

I'm gonna go ahead and be the first to pick the Giants. I have not and will not pick a team with no defense like the patriots. Two great QBs, both teams have great receiving threats, I like the Giants run game better, and they do something the Patriots don't. They play D. Eli and the Giants upset the Patriots again.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:27 am

defensewinsgames wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and be the first to pick the Giants. I have not and will not pick a team with no defense like the patriots. Two great QBs, both teams have great receiving threats, I like the Giants run game better, and they do something the Patriots don't. They play D. Eli and the Giants upset the Patriots again.

Sorry I picked Eli over Brady 3 weeks ago!... :)

by winner-within » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:15 pm

I think Eli gets another Ring this Year....I think 4 weeks ago Coughlins Job was in Jeopardy, but they have sure made a turn around. They'll beat the Pats again!.....they have the Best Defense out of whats left in the NFC and they are the Healthiest.

winner-within
NDPreps Legend

winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Haha sorry winner your right. Ok I will be the second person to pick Eli and the Giants. I just can't pick a team with a defense as terrible as the Patriots to win.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:25 am

defensewinsgames wrote:Haha sorry winner your right. Ok I will be the second person to pick Eli and the Giants. I just can't pick a team with a defense as terrible as the Patriots to win.

No Problem... :) .....I see the Giants D being a big factor also...although the ravens played some hellacious D and Brady come out on top....thanks to a missed FG.......It will be Turnovers that define the Superbowl just like they did the the last 2 weekends.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:34 pm

The patriots didn't win that game the ravens lost it
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:27 am

defensewinsgames wrote:The patriots didn't win that game the ravens lost it

Wasnt a raven fan this year for some reason, I usually am, and yes they gave it away...especially when they decided to kick a field goal when they should have been workin for the first down, then it would have been first and Goal....Oh well! I really dont know who I want to win...I know who I picked
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:23 pm

I was pulling for the ravens....Ed Reed and Ray Lewis needed this superbowl and hat defense definetly deserved a title. I agree the Giants D is a huge factor, they have a great front 4 and if they can get after Brady they will be in a real good position to win. The Giants run game could be another huge factor.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:20 am

defensewinsgames wrote:I was pulling for the ravens....Ed Reed and Ray Lewis needed this superbowl and hat defense definetly deserved a title. I agree the Giants D is a huge factor, they have a great front 4 and if they can get after Brady they will be in a real good position to win. The Giants run game could be another huge factor.

Yes the Giants are a better balanced team....But Brady and Belichick make a good duo.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:38 pm

I hate picking one dimensional teams (patriots are definetly that, nothing but passing). So I guess I'm riding the Giants bandwagon cause I don't wanna see Brady win anymore it's getting old! :lol:
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsknowledge » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:50 am

Pats will win the Super Bowl
Sportsknowledge
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:11 pm

winner-within Jan. 5th (exactly 1 month ago).. wrote:I think Eli gets another Ring this Year....I think 4 weeks ago Coughlins Job was in Jeopardy, but they have sure made a turn around. They'll beat the Pats again!.....they have the Best Defense out of whats left in the NFC and they are the Healthiest.

I lost my Uncle Eli last year.......My Dads only Brother (he has 12 sisters).......Its a cool name and the Manning version of it is Pretty solid at the QB position.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:08 am

Both QBs had great games. The difference came down to in the 4th quarter Giants receivers made plays and the Patriots Wide Outs gave them away with bad drops. Tom Brady could not have played a better game minus the one pick, but that was a great interception
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:42 am

defensewinsgames wrote:Both QBs had great games. The difference came down to in the 4th quarter Giants receivers made plays and the Patriots Wide Outs gave them away with bad drops. Tom Brady could not have played a better game minus the one pick, but that was a great interception

I agree with, u except on Bradys pick that was a terrible pass. :?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:12 pm

winner-within wrote:
I lost my Uncle Eli last year.......My Dads only Brother (he has 12 sisters).......Its a cool name and the Manning version of it is Pretty solid at the QB position.

That's impressive.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:09 am

Brady pick was bad I agree
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:40 am

To long of a break between games.....there was a point in the game where The patriots were hitting hard and actually playing real physical, they created 2 good fumbles and the giants recovered (doesn't happen like that on regular sunday usually).............the 12 men on the field was huge....even way more than the safety.

welkers dropped pass along with a few other drops hurt big.....Patriots brought their B game and only lost by less than a TD.......Giants brought an A game and then had the horse shoe in their back pocket....as good as the Giants finished this season......... I think the Patriots gave it away
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:18 am

I agree that the Patriots gave it away. They basically did th opposite of everything that got them there it the 1st place. They dropped balls, got costly penalties and made bad mental errors. Things that no one is used to seeing from that team with the coaching staff they have.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Talking with a Buddy of mine last night.....he made a good point he stated he didnt think the 2 best teams were even in the Superbowl.....I think it was dumb for Rogers to sit out in fear of getting injured.....I just think that there is to much BS leading up to the Superbowl nowadays!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:40 pm

The two best rarely make the super bowl.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Well since you brought it up. Who do you think the 2 best teams are? I agree, the 2 best teams hardly ever make it, it all comes down to getting hot at the right time.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:31 am

defensewinsgames wrote:Well since you brought it up. Who do you think the 2 best teams are? I agree, the 2 best teams hardly ever make it, it all comes down to getting hot at the right time.

I think the hold out had an effect on the season, (more injury's).....giving an edge to the teams who worked the hardest individually during the hold out....they said they had more blown Achilles early on in practices than they ever had in prior years.

The superbowl should have been IMO

AFC---Pitt or Baltimore
NFC---for sure the Pack, and or NO.......but there's something about that miracle boy ELI.... guess thats why I picked him... :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:14 am

Packers were the best team. Saints probably #2. I thought the Pats were the best team in the AFC throughout the season.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 pm

If I had to pick the 2 most complete teams that I felt were the best all around, I would take Ravens vs Niners every time. Both had great defenses, great running games, and a decent passing game. If Lee Evans makes that catch and the 49ers don't fumble 2 punt returns, those teams would have made it.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things