Half way thru the WDA season

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Half way thru the WDA season

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:06 pm

My picks for the remaining WDA games and the season standing for the WDA tourney.

Tueday, January 24
Jamestown @ Mandan
St. Mary's @ Minot
Williston @ Sidney

Thursday, January 26
Dickinson @ Bismarck Century

Friday, January 27
St. Mary's [b]
@ Dickinson
Williston @ Mandan
Minot @ Turtle Mountain

Saturday, January 28
Bismarck
@ Jamestown
Williston @ Bismarck Century
TBA @ St. Mary's

Tuesday, January 31
Bismarck
@ Minot

Thursday, February 2
Bismarck Century
@ Mandan
Dickinson @ Williston

Friday, February 3
Turtle Mountain @ Mandan

Saturday, February 4
Williston @ Bismarck
St. Mary's @ Bismarck Century
Minot
@ Dickinson
Turtle Mountain @ Jamestown

Thursday, February 9
Dickinson @ Bismarck
Minot
@ St. Mary's

Friday, February 10
Bismarck
@ Turtle Mountain
Mandan @ Minot
Jamestown @ Williston

Saturday, February 11
Bismarck Century
@ Turtle Mountain
Jamestown @ Dickinson
St. Mary's @ Williston

Tuesday, February 14
Bismarck Century
@ Jamestown
Dickinson @ Custer County

Thursday, February 16
Bismarck
@ Mandan
Dickinson @ St. Mary's
Williston @ Turtle Mountain
Friday, February 17

Jamestown @ Bismarck
Minot @ Bismarck Century
Saturday, February 18

St. Mary's @ Mandan

Tuesday, February 21
Bismarck Century @ Bismarck @ BCC
Mandan @ Dickinson
Jamestown @ St. Mary's
Minot
@ Williston

The final standing for WDA

Bismarck 17-2
Century 14-5
Minot 13-6
Mandan 12-7
Jamestown 11-8
St Mary 10-8
Turtle Mountain 7-13
Dickinson 5-14
Williston 1-18
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Re: Half way thru the WDA season

Postby balla45 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:13 pm

I'm curious to see if Saint Mary's will fill that final game. I am not sure how the seeding would work if they split with Jamestown, and Saint Mary's had one less game causing Jamestown to get the higher seed. Very curious to see what the rule is on that, as I have no idea.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:35 pm

balla45 wrote:I'm curious to see if Saint Mary's will fill that final game. I am not sure how the seeding would work if they split with Jamestown, and Saint Mary's had one less game causing Jamestown to get the higher seed. Very curious to see what the rule is on that, as I have no idea.

True so true. It will be interesting to see
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby 1112cc » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Not sure what you mean by this because St. Mary's plays everyone in the WDA twice just like everyone else. Non conference games do not matter in the standings for seeding in the WDA tourney. Otherwise teams would try to find easy teams to play to help their seeding. But with that said they are going to Breckenridge MN on Saturday to play their 3rd non conference game
1112cc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby T$$ » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:03 am

Century will not be 14-5. They will loose at Jamestown and at Mandan. Mattern can coach them to beat Bismarck because he knows EXACTLY what they are going to do and knows the players tendencies. He knows what Miller is going to do before Miller does! Bismarck will loose at least 1 more game. They will loose at Mandan, and 1 of the Jamestown games.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:16 am

T$$ let's see your rack and stack. IMO 2-5 positions are really up for grab. It's gonna be who can win on the road.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby T$$ » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:10 am

I don't have time to figure out records, but I think the regular season will finish as follows. 1. Bismarck 2. Mandan 3. Century 4. Jamestown 5. Minot 6. St. Mary's 7/8/9. Who cares. I think all 6 of those teams have a state tourney shot.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Postby Shaw1 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:08 pm

This should be an interesting week. Some good games on the schedule this week. CHS has a tough game in Mandan and will try to split the season with St Marys. Mandan could make a nice move to the top of the standings this week. Can Minot upset Bismarck at home?
Shaw1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:31 pm

Shaw1 wrote:This should be an interesting week. Some good games on the schedule this week. CHS has a tough game in Mandan and will try to split the season with St Marys. Mandan could make a nice move to the top of the standings this week. Can Minot upset Bismarck at home?

Very interesting week for the WDA. It's gonna show alot from all the top 6 teams. We can even say Minot @ Dickinson on Sat. is gonna be interesting w/the 2 players of Dickinson back. It will be alot closer then the last time they met.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:58 am

Bismarck - Minot game last night was a barn burner. WOW!!!! Right down to the last shot to decide who won the game. If you wasn't there you missed a great game. Both teams went back and forth. Looking at the stats, both team were even. Schirado was a killer from the 3pt line. I believe he was 5 out of 7 or 8. Minot had an answer for everyone except him. Both sides played excellent defense. I wished every game was played like this one.

Bismarck High 64, Minot High 62

B: Dexter Werner 18, Devin Schirado 17, Taylor Schafer 8, Josh Seibel 7, Tyler Clairmont 7, Ben Jolliffe 4, Tyler Unruh 3. Totals: 24-49 6-9 64.

M: Kyle Gerding 18, Austin Frank 14, Kelvin Mackey 10, Brandon VanDusen 10, Mitchell Quist 6, Colter Hustad 4. Totals: 24-52 9-13 62.

Halftime score: B 32, M 30; 3-pointers: B 10 (Schirado 5, Seibel 2, Schafer 2, Unruh), M 5 (Frank 3, Gerding 2); Rebounds: B 24 (Werner 8 ), M 34 (Gerding 7); Assists: B 13 (Schirado 3), M 21 (Quist 5); Blocks: B 0, M 0; Steals: B 7 (Werner 3), M 7 (Gerding 3); Turnovers: B 8, M 8; Total fouls: B 17, M 16; Fouled out: None.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys