Next Season

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Next Season

Postby footballislife15 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:12 am

LaMoure does lose a lot of good players they will have to find a quarterback to step up and play the position of the graduating tyler theilges, they will have IMO the best runningback in the region or state in brady theilges and also riley jordahl was there other runningback this year. they lost sailer there senior fullback and may have a younger runningback coming up last name is Olson thats all i know.
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:33 pm

Drew Thielges will be a freshman next year and will be a stud QB for the Loboes, replacing his big brother.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:29 am

Is he honestly good enough to make a big impact or be a "stud" as a freshmen? I have never seen him play but his family is full of good athletes so I wouldn't doubt it
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballislife15 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:26 pm

He wont start next year they will most likely start tanner bickford at quarterback he will be a junior next season he played jv a lot last year. and Olson will move to runningback possibly.
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Postby TouchdownPack » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:05 pm

footballislife15 wrote:He wont start next year they will most likely start tanner bickford at quarterback he will be a junior next season he played jv a lot last year. and Olson will move to runningback possibly.

Olson is not smart enough to play at the high school level.... he is too hot headed and would make sinple mistakes... Brady Thielges and Riley Jorhdal will be the runningbacks next year... the rest aren't ready to play at that level
TouchdownPack
NDPreps Reserve

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Sounds to me like there is a lot up in the air for LaMoure? Even so they have a great nucleus to build around
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wildcat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:27 am

Region 3
1. North Star - Not sure we'll see the same success, but they have Hagler and Grande
2. TGU - A pretty good season with a really young team last year. People will start to hear Eli Luna's name more.
3. Surrey - Good couple of running backs returning with some other positions.
4. St. John - Langen the QB comes back. Not sure what else, but they'll be salty.
5. Drake-Anamoose - Darin McClintock is a very good RB. Should be fun to watch.
6. M-L-S - Lost a whole bunch. They'll have a good RB coming back in Undlin and a good receiver with Carlson.
7. Benson County - Another team that lost a lot, but Stoll returns and he's a good athlete.
8. Four Winds - A wild card. They have very good athletes. It'll be interesting to see how far they rise.
9. Kenmare - They have athletes, but still very young.
10. Dunseith - This is probably the most firm position on this list.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:01 am

TouchdownPack wrote:
footballislife15 wrote:He wont start next year they will most likely start tanner bickford at quarterback he will be a junior next season he played jv a lot last year. and Olson will move to runningback possibly.

Olson is not smart enough to play at the high school level.... he is too hot headed and would make sinple mistakes... Brady Thielges and Riley Jorhdal will be the runningbacks next year... the rest aren't ready to play at that level

I think Olson will be ready to contribute at RB and DB next year. Could we see Jordahl move to FB? B Thielges will be a stud for the Loboes. What happens at QB will be interesting. Watch out for a freshman lineman next year in Quinn Alo, he will be a D1 prospect in a couple of years. Going to be a monster.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:07 pm

TouchdownPack wrote:

Olson will have a definite chance to be a regular varsity back. Will he make mistakes? Yes, because he will be on the field quite a bit. Not "smart enough"?? He has a rather large amount of raw athletic ability. As a Loboe fan, I hope he works his tail off at each of the sports he participates in. Like most Freshman, he has some maturing to do.

Loboes have some holes to fill, but I do believe could suprise some folks and battle for a playoff spot maybe.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:55 pm

I agree with bballuvr that most freshmen have some maturing to do. That's normal. To say that a player is not smart enough to play high school ball when he's not even in high school yet is, in my opinion, a not too smart statement. Kids mature an awful lot before and during their freshman year.

Also, to say that a freshman will make simple mistakes is like saying a first-year carpenter is going to screw up some lumber cuts - it's going to happen. But they both learn and both get better.

Give the guy a chance before you say he's not smart enough.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:12 pm

I'm with Hinsa on this one. It's rather unfair to say someone isn't smart enough to play high school ball when they have never been in for one snap of a high school game. Of course he is going to make mistakes! Everyone does from the best coaches to the best players. Everyone is gonna make mistakes. Any great coach will tell you that almost every game comes down to who makes the fewest mistakes (mental, play calls, decsion making, or whatever it may be). Now before I get jumped on for making that statement, yes there are cases where truly superior teams can win game even making more mistakes. If one team has the talent or size stacked in their favor sometimes it won't matter.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Also, if this kid is gonna play RB, he doesn't have to be that smart. Not like RB's need to think a lot on the field. Get the ball and run, or maybe block the guy coming free in pass pro. Not like he's trying to be a QB. Then, the intelligence card could be pulled.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:35 pm

I don't agree with that at all. No matter what position you play to be good you need to be smart. Saying the QB is the only one that the intelligence card can be pulled on just isn't true. Name me one postion you don't need to be smart at! Here are a few examples:

RB-need to see the field, be smart enough to see what the D is giving you and how to get it

OL-need to recognize tons of defenses, know the playbook, understand blocking schemes

LB-recognize packages, read run or pass, notice differences in stances, understand the game sitution

Kicker-know the power needed, understand how wind affects it, understand the conditions and how to overcome them

And that is just a few if you need more examples give me the position
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:43 am

defensewinsgames wrote:I don't agree with that at all. No matter what position you play to be good you need to be smart. Saying the QB is the only one that the intelligence card can be pulled on just isn't true. Name me one postion you don't need to be smart at! Here are a few examples:

RB-need to see the field, be smart enough to see what the D is giving you and how to get it

OL-need to recognize tons of defenses, know the playbook, understand blocking schemes

LB-recognize packages, read run or pass, notice differences in stances, understand the game sitution

Kicker-know the power needed, understand how wind affects it, understand the conditions and how to overcome them

And that is just a few if you need more examples give me the position

And all of those positions, at the high school level, a dumb kid who is a good athlete can get away with.

No matter how athletic you are, if you're dumb, you can't play QB. Especially in any type of option offense where the QB has to make a read almost every play instead of just turning and handing it off.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:44 pm

I think your running back is the least important position to be smart.

To add to what Hinsa was saying how can you know someone is not smart enough to play HS football when he's in 8th grade? Turning the pages on field/court is a lot different than turning the pages in the class room.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:28 pm

I don't want to start a huge argument about being smart or not. Just know I couldn't disagree more about the good athletes who are dumb thing getting by with it. I have seen many people who have all the athletic ability in the world not be nearly as good as they should have or even as good as people who are half the athlete because they aren't smart.

I couldn't agree with Flip more however. You can't judge someone in the 8th grade on what they could do in the next 4 years. The summer between 8th grade and 9th grade is a huge growing time for kids. Next year actually he has actually been on a high school field maybe you can make that argument but not now.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:27 am

defensewinsgames wrote:I don't want to start a huge argument about being smart or not. Just know I couldn't disagree more about the good athletes who are dumb thing getting by with it. I have seen many people who have all the athletic ability in the world not be nearly as good as they should have or even as good as people who are half the athlete because they aren't smart.

I'm not saying that they won't be as good as they could've been. Just saying they can still get by as a player because of their athletic ability.

I personally think intelligence is one of the most important intangibles in sports. But, it isn't a necessity if you have enough athletic ability.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:00 am

What is getting by though? Can you get on the field? Yes you can get on the field but to even be one of the best players at your position in the region you have to have some brains. If you are on a decent or better team with a little depth athletic ability and no brains might not get you on the field.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby thesportsguy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:03 am

in all reality i would have to say that the QB and LB are the hardest position to play. A player needs to be both smart and football smart along with the ability to play the position.
thesportsguy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:43 pm

I agree with that. QB and LB are the two toughest positions to play
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballislife15 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:03 pm

So a starting quarterback for lamoure next year? who would it be?
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Postby Noah's » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:14 am

footballislife15 wrote:So a starting quarterback for lamoure next year? who would it be?

The little theilges?
Noah's
NDPreps Reserve

Postby piratedad » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Just want to say some things about the talk about region 1 I watched all the teams in 2011 and I have to say WL will be good but Jeff And Lois do not make a team they are very good BUT the rest of what is returning is average at best IMO. Lamoure, NGS,SB all have many players returning that make me believe that the hype of WL may be overblown, this region will be so competitive you will have to go week to week I believe. Richland,Hankinson and EK CANNOT be overlooked they are short on numbers but as we saw in 2011 really strang things can happen. Hankinsons win over NGS in 2011 was no joke they controlled the game the wind didn't. Just remember it takes a team to win a championship not 2 players!
piratedad
NDPreps Rookie

Postby popefro » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:46 pm

How did the pirates do against strasburg?
popefro
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballchicken » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Hank lost to the Clippers - SZ was a salty team last year. When all the breaks fell in their favor, strange things can happen.

South Border IMO will be the #1 to start the year. They return a huge number of upperclassmen from an already descent playoff team.
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man