Mandan

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mandan

Postby T$$ » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:17 am

I still think they can win it all, but can anyone explain Mandan's slow start?
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Re: Mandan

Postby balla45 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:45 am

They do not have consistent post production. They do not have a great rebounder. They struggle to finish in the paint. They do not have a guy who gets in the paint and draws fouls. They do not have a guy who is going to penetrate late in the game and get fouled, because both Coyle and Collins prefer the jump shot.

If Aaron Janz, Seth Westby, Phaden Marcellais, Casey Watson, and Jake Watson can improve their play and get 30+ rebounds a night between them, and get some points off of offensive rebounds, Mandan will be much better. As these players are not the type that can create their own shot on a consistent basis, but are some of the better athletes in the WDA.

That said, all of the games that they have lost have been on the road, with losses coming to the two best players in the WDA, not including Devin Coyle. The season is far from over, and it is well within the realm of possibility for Mandan to sail through the rest of the regular season, and it is also well within the realm of possibility for them to finish the rest of the regular season on an average note. I personally do not think that they will lose at home, and the biggest test for them may be the game in Minot, as Minot is very good defensively, and I assume Winczewski will have a very good defensive package to slow Coyle and Collins.

Horner has shown on a consistent basis the ability to improve his team throughout the season, and they always peak at or near the end. I, personally, think Mandan will still be in the mix during the WDA and state tournament. That said, I also think Bismarck, Minot, Bismarck Century, Saint Mary's Central, and even Jamestown will be in the mix. The EDC is good this year as well, much better than the past few years. Still not a lot of defense being played outside of West Fargo, Wahpeton, and Grand Forks Red River, in my opinion. There is a lot of offensive firepower on every team though, other than West Fargo, who does not have a dynamic scorer.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: Mandan

Postby T$$ » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Thanks for the report. I still feel they have the most talent. In the end it may be good for them to loose early as a "wake up call". I feel they are the most talented team in the WDA- almost a dead lock with BHS.
T$$
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys