All State 2011-2012

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

All State 2011-2012

Postby balla45 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:22 pm

I think this has been one of the most crazy seasons from a statistical standpoint. 10 guys are averaging over 17 points per game, just in the EDC alone, and another player is a shade under 17 points a night averaging about 9 assists.

I think the First Team All State squad will end up looking like this.

Dexter Werner - Bismarck
Devin Coyle - Mandan
AJ Jacobson - Fargo Shanley
Mack Arvidson - Grand Forks Red River
Mac Kroeplin - Grand Forks Red River

The Second Team All State squad, will in my opinion, come from the following athletes, and I think making state could make or break the case of a lot of these athletes.

Nathan Mertens - Devil's Lake
Andrew Kozlowski - Fargo Davies
Brady Syverson - Fargo North
Patrick Strom - Fargo Shanley
Landon Poss - Fargo South
David Olson - Grand Forks Central
Chase Carpenter - Valley City
Jeremy Bontjes - Wahpeton
Andre Maund - Bismarck Century
Tom Fraase - Bismarck Century
Erron Collins - Mandan
Danny Fischer - Jamestown
Ben Weisbeck - Saint Mary's
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: All State 2011-2012

Postby demons12345 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Schirado from Bismarck maybe on 2nd team? I have a hard time with the number 1 team in the state only having one player mentioned
demons12345
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:27 pm

In most situations, I would agree with you about the number 1 team only having one player named, yet this did just happen last season.

I do not think Schirado is playing at a higher level than any player I mentioned, and Fitterer would be on my list as a potential all stater, but I have no idea what his timetable looks like or how he is going to perform when he returns from the injury. Schirado is averaging 10.7 points per game against North Dakota teams, and I do not think that is all state caliber.
One could also easily argue that Red River is the number 1 team in the state, as they are also undefeated.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:46 pm

My current 1st Team Picks:

Werner-Bismarck
Jacobson-Shanley
Arvidson-GF Red River
Syverson-Fargo North
Weisbeck-St. Marys

Stats are relatively close right now, and these players have received media support from the 3 biggest newspapers and broadcast areas. Have even seen a few of these guys mentioned in a few smaller weekly papers who also casts votes.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:07 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:My current 1st Team Picks:

Werner-Bismarck
Jacobson-Shanley
Arvidson-GF Red River
Syverson-Fargo North
Weisbeck-St. Marys

Stats are relatively close right now, and these players have received media support from the 3 biggest newspapers and broadcast areas. Have even seen a few of these guys mentioned in a few smaller weekly papers who also casts votes.

I'm just not sold on Syverson being a 1st team pic...the other four are good picks.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:02 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Werner-Bismarck
Jacobson-Shanley
Arvidson-GF Red River
Syverson-Fargo North
Weisbeck-St. Marys

I'm just not sold on Syverson being a 1st team pic...the other four are good picks.

I actually thought the same thing after I posted. I see another Fargo player making it though. I would appreciate any thoughts on that.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:29 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Werner-Bismarck
Jacobson-Shanley
Arvidson-GF Red River
Syverson-Fargo North
Weisbeck-St. Marys

I actually thought the same thing after I posted. I see another Fargo player making it though. I would appreciate any thoughts on that.

If it would be another Fargo player I would have to imagine it would be Andrew Kozlowski.

I think Ben Weisbeck should get first team all state, but I am not sure how much media coverage he actually gets. After a 31 point game against Bismarck High, he simply got a footnote for having a solid performance. That said, he is averaging about 20 points and 7 rebounds in the WDA, which is not known for players scoring 20 points per game, and shooting about 47% from the field, 44% from three, and 80% from the line.

I do think it would be tough for Kroeplin not to get a spot on the first team list as well. He is the real deal. I have not seen a player with vision like he has in awhile, and I personally think he is the second best player in the EDC behind AJ Jacobson. I put a lot of stock in shooting percentages, and Kroeplin's are incredible from all over the court.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby flysports » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Dexter Werner - Bismarck
Nathan Mertens - Devils Lake
AJ Jacobson - Fargo Shanley
Mack Arvidson - Grand Forks Red River
Mac Kroeplin - Grand Forks Red River

All of these players have a lot of talent i think that Nate and Arvidson belong on first team all-state. Nate has been playing well, averaging 20 points a game and he plays with very little talent around him. Mack and Mac have a team they are very talented and one of the top teams in the state. The only thing hurting Nate is his surrounding cast. I think the same thing with Severson of North.
flysports
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:56 pm

If I were voting for all state, here is how I would put it, and this is not saying that I think the media would agree with me.

My 10 All Staters - In Order

AJ Jacobson - Fargo Shanley - He is leading the EDC in scoring, offensive rebounding, and blocked shots, is second in rebounding, and is top ten in every other major statistical category, other than three pointers made. A lot like Meghan Roehrich her junior season, from a statistical standpoint.

Dexter Werner - Bismarck High - Has been unstoppable in every game in North Dakota this season. Field goal percentages are very good, and has shown major improvement in passing out of the post. He has always been a good rebounder. He is also averaging over 20 points per game, which is much more difficult to do in the WDA, when compared with the EDC. (No bias here, WDA has three guys averaging 20 or more points, EDC has six.)

Mac Kroeplin - Grand Forks Red River - His stats absolutely jump off the page. 17.7 points per game, 8.3 assists per game, 50% shooting from the field, 46% shooting from 3, and 94% shooting from the line, on an undefeated team. This seems like a no brainer pick to me.

Ben Weisbeck - Saint Mary's Central - Averaging 20.2 points (19.6 officially, due to score keeper error crediting him with 5 points in his first game) and 7.2 rebounds per game on 47% shooting from the field, 44% shooting from 3, and 79% shooting from the line, in a WDA where it is very difficult to score, especially to score on a high percentage shots, which is why I would personally have him on my first team all state list over Coyle, who shoots at a much lower percentage.

Mack Arvidson - Grand Forks Red River - His stats do not jump off the page, as his percentages are not great, but I value winning, a lot, and he has been winning and averaging over 20 points per game.

Devin Coyle - Mandan - His stats are very similar to Arvidson's. I have him over every other player in the state because he is averaging over 20 points per game in a WDA where that is incredibly difficult to do. Mandan does not post their stats, but I currently have him shooting about 40% from the field, 38% from 3, and 87% at the line. If Mandan can string together a large run of wins, he may move up my list.

Andrew Kozlowski - Fargo Davies - 21 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists a night, on a team that is not incredibly talented.

Danny Fischer - Jamestown - Jamestown is winning games, and his 17 points per game are the main reason why that is happening. Has very bad shooting percentages, but if Jamestown continues to play well, it will be hard to not have him on my list.

I really would struggle to make my last two picks, so I am not going to at this point. I can't put Syverson 0-7, Carpenter 0-7, Olson 1-6, or Mertens 2-5 on an all state list. The WDA guys who I think are on the outside looking in have not shown the all state caliber statistics to make me put them on an all state list either, but these players are winning games. I also think Patrick Strom is right there with all of these players as well.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:55 am

All state picks as of right now.

Mack Arvidson
Devin Coyle
Tom Fraase
A.J. Jacobson
Andrew Kozlowski
Mac Kroeplin
Nathan Mertens
Brady Syverson
Ben Weisbeck
Dexter Werner

Outside looking in.

Jeremy Bontjes
Chase Carpenter
David Olson
Landon Poss
Patrick Strom

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Schmidty22 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:00 pm

Tom has been putting the team on his back the past few games...he finally is getting his shots to fall which is good to see.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 pm

I have him at 17.8 points per game against WDA teams, which I think is pretty solid. Has had a few huge games as well. I would guess he is probably leading his team in rebounds and assists as well.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby go maji » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:30 pm

How about Brandon vanDuesen, he was unstoppable against Bismarck High.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:49 pm

NO and I'm from Minot
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys