Baseball bat rules?

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Baseball bat rules?

Postby bison football73 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:45 pm

Are composite bats outlawed for this seasons Legion season? Also, is there a rule change with HIgh School baseball bats for next season?
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Re: Baseball bat rules?

Postby Indy5 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:11 pm

http://www.nfhs.org/content.aspx?id=415 ... osite+bats
That's a link to the NFHS list of certified bats. Yes, from what I understand composite barrels are otlawed. You can have a composite handle if it's an aluminum barrel.

I have heard many rumors that metal bats will be used for high school next year. I have yet to hear total comfirmation.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby SportShots » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:16 am

Sure wish they would stay with Wooden bats. The 'clink' just isn't baseball.

As for Legion... the least they could do it to stop using Chinese baseballs. Use US made baseballs.
SportShots
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:11 pm

SportShots wrote:Sure wish they would stay with Wooden bats. The 'clink' just isn't baseball.

As for Legion... the least they could do it to stop using Chinese baseballs. Use US made baseballs.

The Chinese or US made baseballs just depends on which brand of baseball the legion teams want to buy, doesn't it? When I played legion ball a couple years back we always used Wilson A1010 baseballs for game balls at home games. I am pretty sure a lot of teams around the area used the same. However, I never really looked to see if they were American made or not. As for bats, I would prefer wood bats too, but I understand that some folks think wood bats have made the game less exciting at the high school level. I do think using the bbcor bats will be good though for their apparent safer play.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Return to Hot Topics