2011-2012 District 5

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2011-2012 District 5

Postby bball4 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:32 pm

@bballuvr-- I completely agree with you. Post players can NOT have that attitude-- and they do need to post and post again. They need to be low, catch ready and call for the ball before it's too late. I have seen this with a lot of teams-- a big will flash through the lane and the perimter is looking to pass away from the hoop...BUT it doesn't always happen. The post players also need to build confidence in their team mates. Make them want to pass to you & they will look inside when the opportunity arises.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndtaterman » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:22 am

PBK 50 BCN 35 PBK Dominated the last 3 quarters
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:23 pm

Nemesis wrote:58-54 in Oakes favor

They met in the Holiday tournament championship...Ellendale by 26.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:03 pm

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:LaMoure played all spring and summer without klever and good....did well against jamestown, valley, and other teams
.....went to two teams camps without those two girls, going 6-0 at the northern camp.....putting them at the bottom of dist 5 just because they lost the two courtneys is pretty harsh

Ok, I have had the opportunity to watch LaMoure play a few times (as well as some other D5 teams). I don't think I was TOO far off (at least this far into the season).
Bickford has a nice shot and can dribble through some pressure. Good works her tail off. She rebounds HARD and is constantly moving. I was on my way through Ellendale tonight, so I thought I'd stop in and watch the B and Varsity games. You can tell the Warcken girl has been around basketball- she anticipates well and has a nice shot. There was ONCE when their big was wide open coming across the lane. I say ONCE because it seemed like she thought she was open a lot more than that. I don't mean to sound negative, but maybe the wings just need to give her a shake of the head or something to let her know that the pass isn't there. She could have been open more than that-- but I was watching pretty closely. He certainly was putting a post game into his offense-- but Ellendale defended that well.

Low scoring game. Ellendale was down one starter and lost another within the first minute of the game...then another starter at the end of the game. It was very physical, but I will say the defense was commendable on both sides. Shot clock even buzzed a few times and some 5 second calls. Did I hear correctly- was that Ellendale's 400th win? I was walking out and missed some of that.

Ellendale still has Central prairie (tomorrow) and BCN, right? Any other games left for them in the District?
Not sure about the injuries for them tonight....
Maybe EHS can shed some light?
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:56 am

Ellendale is 3 and 0 in the District with wins over LMM, PBK and Lamoure. They have Central Prairie (as mentioned), Barnes County North and Edgeley Kulm left on their District 5 schedule. No insight on the injuries, but one of the team's strengths this year is depth, they can go 9-10 deep if needed. However, they obviously wnt to be at full strength when tourney time starts, so hopefully the injuries are not serious and they can get healthy quickly.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball4 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Ok...almost tournament time. Predictions? I am going to stick with my original choice way back when with the 'ship. I see Ellendale and BCN meeting. Picking Ellendale.
I have not seen the bracket-- but I think PBK and maybe LaMoure with the 3 and 4 spots.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby rkmt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:35 pm

Lamoure over LMM 57-36 first game of the day. Now they will face Ellendale and LMM will have a bye in the consolation bracket.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Predictions:

Semis
Ellendale over Lamoure
Barnes County North over Pingree Buchanan Kensal

Finals
Ellendale over Barnes County North
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Game Update:

Ellendale 24 Lamoure21

Halftime
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Game Update:

Ellendale 34 Lamoure 24

End of 3rd Quarter.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Final
Ellendale 46 Lamoure 34
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:41 pm

PBK beats BCN 57 to 51 to set up an Ellendale vs PBK final on Monday.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:20 pm

End of 1st Quarter:

Ellendale 13 Pingree Buchanan Kensal 10
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:08 pm

End of 3rd Quarter:

Pingree Buchanan Kensal 46 Ellendale 41
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Final:

Pingree Buchanan Kensal 62 Ellendale 52
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby classbkillas » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:55 pm

So EHS1998.... your predictions of ellendale winning weren't right were they? And if Ellendale is "so" good as you think why did they lose out the first round of regions? How come vance didn't get "senior of the year" if she was such a "solid in the region"? Maybe next year you shouldn't be so "set" on Ellendale just because your from there.
classbkillas
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:03 pm

classbkillas wrote:So EHS1998.... your predictions of ellendale winning weren't right were they? And if Ellendale is "so" good as you think why did they lose out the first round of regions? How come vance didn't get "senior of the year" if she was such a "solid in the region"? Maybe next year you shouldn't be so "set" on Ellendale just because your from there.

You are hilarious. No, I was not right. But 2 titles in 3 years isnt bad and I guess we will see what happens next year. PBK played great at the end of year, they deserved the Championship. Congrats to them. But I looked and I cant see any evidence of you predicting that. I thought Vance would be in the conversation for D5 POY, and she was. The girls will get over the first round of regions hump eventually. They did beat Linton HMB this year who I believe is playing in the state tournament this week so I dont know that my prediction as that far off base. This group will work their tails off this off season and be back in th hunt.

It is pretty easy to come back and say I told you so after the fact, at least I have the guts to put a prediction out there. By the way, check out the boys D5 link, I didnt predict Ellendale would win District 5, even though I am from there, so it isnt blatant homerism.

The real question is why you have such an issue with me believing in a group of girls I have watched grow up on and around the court? How does this impact your world AT ALL?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball4 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:25 pm

classbkillas wrote:So EHS1998.... your predictions of ellendale winning weren't right were they? And if Ellendale is "so" good as you think why did they lose out the first round of regions? How come vance didn't get "senior of the year" if she was such a "solid in the region"? Maybe next year you shouldn't be so "set" on Ellendale just because your from there.

Is this one of those unspoken rules "Thou shalt not choose own team to win, ever on NDPreps." kind of situations? I chose Ellendale to win District 5 and also thought the POY was between Vance and Carlson. I guess I am allowed since that isn't my alma mater. I too am not too proud to admit I was wrong. Kudos to PBK. They had a fabulous post season. I think I read they won 11 of their last 14 games. Congrats to them, and Carlson on POY. Both very deserving.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby classbkillas » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Actually EHS1998.. your hilarious. Your like what 31 years old, and your on a website where most highschoolers put their imput on things. Not saying adults aren't on here... but most people I've talked to that have ND preps are highschoolers. I did look in your previous statements and you said in the girls Region 3 top prospects, you put Vance. She scored how many points in the D5 championship? Definitely not double digits. She had no comparison to Carlson to getting the POY award. She hasn't been scoring double digits her past 4 years of her highschool career. I'm not saying i'm all for Carlson, but I don't think your right at all for putting Vance next to her. And also, yes Ellendale did beat Linton HMB who are going to the state tournament.. but they were missing their key player Kayln Schneider. And as a matter of fact... every year since I've been watching D5 basketball... Ellendale hasn't made it past the first round of regions at all.
classbkillas
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Nemesis » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:12 pm

classbkillas wrote:Actually EHS1998.. your hilarious. Your like what 31 years old, and your on a website where most highschoolers put their imput on things. Not saying adults aren't on here... but most people I've talked to that have ND preps are highschoolers. I did look in your previous statements and you said in the girls Region 3 top prospects, you put Vance. She scored how many points in the D5 championship? Definitely not double digits. She had no comparison to Carlson to getting the POY award. She hasn't been scoring double digits her past 4 years of her highschool career. I'm not saying i'm all for Carlson, but I don't think your right at all for putting Vance next to her. And also, yes Ellendale did beat Linton HMB who are going to the state tournament.. but they were missing their key player Kayln Schneider. And as a matter of fact... every year since I've been watching D5 basketball... Ellendale hasn't made it past the first round of regions at all.

This website is for people of all ages last time I checked and I'd be hard-pressed to believe that it's all high schoolers. I'd say half are high schoolers and even you don't know this for sure. Just talking to your buddies and having them tell you they have an account here does not count for polling the whole state on the demographics of this site. Nice try. The point is, you don't have to be in high school to be a fan of the game and share your thoughts on it.

Yes, Ellendale has fallen short, but the talent has always been there. I think other factors are preventing them from reaching their full potential which I've mentioned in a different thread. The next two years are wide open for Ellendale to prove you wrong if everything goes right for them. Some players were getting big time minutes for Ellendale that shouldn't of been and that was part of the problem, but they're gone now. In the next two years they'll get by the first round at least once and you can quote me on that because I have faith in them.

However, on the whole Vance/Carlson issue I have to agree. Carlson was a much better player and very deserving of the award. It was a nice head nod to Vance because she did rebound well and she was a presence in the post, but she just wasn't consistent enough.
Nemesis
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:04 pm

classbkillas wrote:Actually EHS1998.. your hilarious. Your like what 31 years old, and your on a website where most highschoolers put their imput on things. Not saying adults aren't on here... but most people I've talked to that have ND preps are highschoolers. I did look in your previous statements and you said in the girls Region 3 top prospects, you put Vance. She scored how many points in the D5 championship? Definitely not double digits. She had no comparison to Carlson to getting the POY award. She hasn't been scoring double digits her past 4 years of her highschool career. I'm not saying i'm all for Carlson, but I don't think your right at all for putting Vance next to her. And also, yes Ellendale did beat Linton HMB who are going to the state tournament.. but they were missing their key player Kayln Schneider. And as a matter of fact... every year since I've been watching D5 basketball... Ellendale hasn't made it past the first round of regions at all.

classbkillas - Wow, you seem to have a lot of anger toward me. Hope you get some help for that. Let me try to address a few things, I am typing slowly so hopefully you will be able to keep up.

1. You have no idea how old I am, just know that you arent close.
2. I am not an Ellendale graduate, just a fan of the Cards specifically and District 5 in general.
3. Ellendale went 2 and 1 against PBK this year with one of those wins a 20+ point victory so I dont know why it is so ludicrous that I and others thought they would win the District given they had beaten them 2x coming in, thus the #1 seed.
4. I still think Vance was one of the better seniors in Region 3 and District 5 this year. Basketball is more than just points scored, she was a very good post defender, help defender, rebounder and leader on and off the court and her role on this team wasnt to score double digits. Also, you will not meet a nicer young lady, she has a very bright future ahead of her. Was Carlson deserving of the award? Absolutely! I have never stated otherwise. But my understanding is the voting was not unanimous and that Vance was in consideration, so someone more knowledgeable than you or I did not think it is as far fetched as you do.
5. No one is denying the Region 3 challenges Ellendale has had of late. Hopefully this changes next year. I think they are moving in the right direction. Didnt know what to make of your "at all" comment. I assume your comment was isolated to the girls side of District 5, the boys advanced to the region semis last year.

I have no desire to continue a back and forth with you, not sure what your issue is with me but I simply dont care. Congrats to PBK on a great end of the season run.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Girls