EDC Student Sections

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

EDC Student Sections

Postby Linebacker48 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:56 pm

Who has the Wildest fans? And best environment to play in?
Linebacker48
NDPreps Reserve

Re: EDC Student Sections

Postby footballa30 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:07 pm

Fargo North. Year after year they seem to reload with Rowdyness. The Shultisdome is also an intimidation factor
footballa30
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gunslinger13 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:44 pm

In the past Shanley student sections have been sub par, but if anyone was in attendence on Tuesday they know that this year the basketball and the student section are not to be reckoned with. Their creative, personal and most importantly make it rain:) go to a game and find out
LOVE ME SEXY:P
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Sparta » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:11 am

well i believe that shanley has a below average student section....led by the JOE HALLOCK this gang isn't the brightest crayon in the box, and uses unoriginal ideas that were most likely discovered browsing youtube. the gimics of shanley are overmatched by the team spirit of all the other edc teams
Mr. Sparta
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketball9 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Mr. Sparta wrote:well i believe that shanley has a below average student section....led by the JOE HALLOCK this gang isn't the brightest crayon in the box, and uses unoriginal ideas that were most likely discovered browsing youtube. the gimics of shanley are overmatched by the team spirit of all the other edc teams

hahaha, i have to agree. the only cheer that i've ever heard the shanley section use that nobody else has used is "God's on our side".......really?
basketball9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Linebacker48 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:56 pm

nicely put basketball9
Linebacker48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gunslinger13 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:24 pm

I strongly disagree with Shanley getting their cheers of youtube. if you look at their theme for the season "wetness" that was though up by Pat Strom, and their student section name the splash zone also though up by Peter Simona and of course their signature the umbrellas also by mr. Strom. None of that was off youtube. now for other schools i will show examples of some UNoriginal cheers

South- every year south verse shanley with use "God loves us for free" or dress in Shanley uniforms, its been the same thing for years. plus theyv had the same crowd cheers for God knows how long, hey hey hey burrito? they need to change it up

Davies- They have 0 cheers though up by themselves, every cheer they have has been taken from south. And the "I believe cheer" they not only stole from south, but a south student found that on youtube, I know this because he told me.

West fargo- Terrible student section.

North- North has the roller coaster, from youtube. north does the Shanley uniforms, from south. North does the camo stuff for south games, thats EXTREMELY old. But atleast they have a big section and get extremely personal.

So after what i have shown you Shanley this year has the most creative and original student section, with the theme of wetness. Deal with it
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Postby brown » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:09 pm

gunslinger, everyone dresses in shanley uniforms because its funny. south vs north- north wears camo because its funny, who cares if its old those kind of games come around twice every year i think its fun to see everyone dressed up in all the attire they choose. shanley may have creativity but they are definately not the loudest by any means. id say the best crowd is a loud crowd
brown
NDPreps Rookie

Postby footballa30 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:04 am

Shanley didn't come up with the getting wt thing. North did that last year at state.
footballa30
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Linebacker48 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:02 am

so Shanley is just copying again? hatta boy gunslinger13
Linebacker48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gunslinger13 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:59 am

Shanley actually came up with the hole get wet theme on their own, north people hadnt even heard of it when we did it. Good try though, pat strom came up with it. I guess the idea came from some player in minneapolis who always said he was wet. And the south north just isnt original anymore, and people were talking about being original
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Postby brown » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:56 am

I know for a fact shanley didn't come up with that because last year in the "rowdy cowd" I saw signs that had that theme on them
brown
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:31 pm

This is a good topic, but the people who post on here are just going to say good things about their own school, and bad things about others. I give credit to shanley and north for having "ok" at best student sections, the rest of the EDC is extremely sub par. with the split of South and Davies its hard for those schools to get "big" student sections. and west fargo is lucky to have parents that are loud because if they didn't, their games would sound like a ballet recital. Stop worrying about who has the best and just be creative and have fun with it, who cares if you "copy" what other people do, if your the one who made it up, be proud that your creative enough to get caught on too and know that it was a legit idea, and not bash that other schools are doing it.
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby go maji » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:08 pm

This is in the west, but Minot Highs student section does the SHOT chant (when the other team is shooting free-throws) from the LMFAO song.
Does anyone else do that? Just wondering.

Here is the video of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNtTEibFvlQ

the part starts at about 1:18
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:20 pm

or go here starts when the video starts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNtTEibFvlQ#t=1m18s
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:31 pm

go maji wrote:This is in the west, but Minot Highs student section does the SHOT chant (when the other team is shooting free-throws) from the LMFAO song.

Yah davies does this ik, but its a good chant!
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:23 pm

go maji wrote:This is in the west, but Minot Highs student section does the SHOT chant (when the other team is shooting free-throws) from the LMFAO song.

Went to their game against GFC last night and didn't hear this or anything else from the student section for that matter.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballa30 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:13 pm

The Fargo North Student Section is the best in the EDC! They are still the best and their team is 0 and 6. That takes effort and HEART
footballa30
NDPreps Reserve

Postby S's » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:33 am

I know for a fact "wetness" started at none other than Shanley High School. Fact. Shanley may not have the biggest student section but by far the biggest heart in the EDC. Those kid scream until they lose their voices and have raging headaches. I was in attendance for the recent Shanley vs. Davies game at Davies and Shanley blew Davies out of the water with a student section almost have their size. No doubt they are the best.
S's
NDPreps Rookie

Postby go maji » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:56 am

Indy5 wrote:

Went to their game against GFC last night and didn't hear this or anything else from the student section for that matter.

You must not go to many games. I was at this game too and I thought they were out of it.

#1 The student section was placed on the edge of the court were no one can hear you anyway.

#2 Minot was leading the whole game.

#3 It was a lower EDC opponent.

You should go to a conference game for once ( if your from Minot).
For example, the game against Century, they had the CRAZIES out. It was loud in there.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:54 am

go maji wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

You must not go to many games. I was at this game too and I thought they were out of it.

#1 The student section was placed on the edge of the court were no one can hear you anyway.

#2 Minot was leading the whole game.

#3 It was a lower EDC opponent.

You should go to a conference game for once ( if your from Minot).
For example, the game against Century, they had the CRAZIES out. It was loud in there.

Only game I've been to all year. I'm sure they are pretty good sometimes. Just saying they didn't do anything that night.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby CAS10 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:50 am

footballa30 wrote:The Fargo North Student Section is the best in the EDC! They are still the best and their team is 0 and 6. That takes effort and HEART

The North High "Rowdy Crowd" has been the best in the state for sometime, but this year it has really dropped off. Maybe it's due to the results on the court or just the totally lack of students in this years senior class. From the games that I have seen, South is the best. I have not seen any west crowds yet so I cannot comment on them.
CAS10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:21 pm

CAS10 wrote:
footballa30 wrote:The Fargo North Student Section is the best in the EDC! They are still the best and their team is 0 and 6. That takes effort and HEART

The North High "Rowdy Crowd" has been the best in the state for sometime, but this year it has really dropped off. Maybe it's due to the results on the court or just the totally lack of students in this years senior class. From the games that I have seen, South is the best. I have not seen any west crowds yet so I cannot comment on them.

Hahahaha lack of students? Its a class A school. There are great plenty of kids in the school to fill up a good sized student section.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby CAS10 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Indy5 wrote:
CAS10 wrote:

Hahahaha lack of students? Its a class A school. There are great plenty of kids in the school to fill up a good sized student section.

There roughly are only 125 seniors this year, this is less than half compared to the average of 300. That is what I was referring to. Yes i know it's no excuse, but it's a fact none the less.
CAS10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby S's » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:54 pm

CAS10 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
CAS10 wrote:

There roughly are only 125 seniors this year, this is less than half compared to the average of 300. That is what I was referring to. Yes i know it's no excuse, but it's a fact none the less.

Shanley found out that North's student section gets really non-creative when they're put under pressure to come up with a chant to go against another section. At the Shanley vs. North game at North, North could not come up with anything better than "Where's your Bible?" and just straight up "You are stupid"; needless to say that did not fare well with North's administration.
S's
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to Boys