Best in game Atmosphere during the season?

The teams in Class AA.

Best in game Atmosphere during the season?

Postby coach » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:17 am

What school and game had the best in-game atmosphere during the season?
coach
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Best in game Atmosphere during the season?

Postby old#63 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:57 pm

For in season games, Central Cass at Casselton is a great facility. Speaking as a Grafton Spoiler fan, that is my favorite place to go. Good fan support, so the bleachers are full. I like facilities where all the fans are on the same side, and the cheerleaders for both teams are right in front.

As far as the playoffs go, the championship game at the dome was pretty cool.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Shanley's set up is pretty solid too. Not too often do you have a high school football field that looks like its a college field...and I'm sure it will look nicer when they get everything done out there in the coming years.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby old#63 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Shanley's set up is pretty solid too. Not too often do you have a high school football field that looks like its a college field...and I'm sure it will look nicer when they get everything done out there in the coming years.

I haven't been there yet. How is it set up, run?
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:29 pm

old#63 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Shanley's set up is pretty solid too. Not too often do you have a high school football field that looks like its a college field...and I'm sure it will look nicer when they get everything done out there in the coming years.

I haven't been there yet. How is it set up, run?

http://wikimapia.org/20678594/Sid-Cichy-Stadium

Sid Cichy Stadium is a TURFED field that runs north-south and is used for football and soccer games; it is part of Shanley's Shelly Ellig Athletic Complex which will see the addition of a full track and baseball and softball fields in the coming years. Since it is still relatively new...there aren't many trees out there to block the wind yet (a wind from the West does not affect the play much since the school and bleachers are blocking it).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:01 am

I am old scool when it comes to high school football, I like walking the sideline I like the cars parked around the field horns honking.

I was actually going to say how much I hate the atmosphere at Central Cass and Shanley, I hate!!! being fenced off from the field! I hate having all the fans in one bleacher, hate it! Shanley has little pukes walking in front of the visiting crowd taunting the fans. Not a very fun atmosphere to me. Carrington also stinks for the visiting team, you have to sit behind two chainlink fences a long way from the field no elevation to see the game very well it's a very poor atmosphere.

In AA football I love the atmosphere at Grafton the visiting sidelines are right on the field close to the action, a lot of Grafton fans walk the visiting sidelines too I don't mind that at all.

I go to a lot of football games and I love the 9-man atmosphere, no bleachers, the whole crowd shoulder to shoulder surrounding the field follwoing the action that is what I love about high school football in N.D.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby old#63 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:45 am

It's fun to be closer to the action, but when you walk the sidelines you always end up watching the game from the 20 yard line. Most AA teams have 30 players, 5 coaches, 9 cheerleaders, 4 stats, 3 waterboys, 2 trainers, and a mascot all stacked up between the 25 yard lines. From the center of the field, all short guys like me get to see is the backs of the freshmen's jerseys. :)
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoPack#2 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:58 am

I have played at Grafton before and i am not a big fan of having all the parents and what not being right on the sideline with you, it just makes it a different atmosphere to me at least.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Runninganalyzer » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:37 pm

To up the ante for Central Cass's and Shanleys fields are by far the 2 best fields to play on besides an indoor game of course. But to be able to look up at the fans and see the whole community watching down on u is pretty awesome I have to say! Whereas the fields with no bleachers it's very deceaving to the players bc u think there is nowhere to go.
Runninganalyzer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:35 am

Runninganalyzer wrote:To up the ante for Central Cass's and Shanleys fields are by far the 2 best fields to play on besides an indoor game of course. But to be able to look up at the fans and see the whole community watching down on u is pretty awesome I have to say! Whereas the fields with no bleachers it's very deceaving to the players bc u think there is nowhere to go.

Does Central Cass have turf too? Also, for the first 5-6 weeks, I'd rather play outside on FieldTurf than inside. Once it gets cold, it'd be time to head inside.

Shanley's field is the nicest. It helps having the super nice school right there too. But it has FieldTruf which is so much better than grass it's not even funny. It has a nice scoreboard, pretty nice bleachers, and the really nice houses acroos the street look cool too. Plus, it can actually get somewhat noticably loud there, unlike most places.

Bishop Ryan and Trinity each use the college's field so they each have nice turf and a nice stadium, but it doesn't quite feel like a high school atmosphere because it's meant for the college. Nice facility though.

St Mary's plays at the Community Bowl, so it's fairly nice, but I'm just not a fan of that place. I suppose it's probably pretty cool there though when you get like Bismarck High and Century playing.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:39 am

Indy5 wrote:
Runninganalyzer wrote:To up the ante for Central Cass's and Shanleys fields are by far the 2 best fields to play on besides an indoor game of course. But to be able to look up at the fans and see the whole community watching down on u is pretty awesome I have to say! Whereas the fields with no bleachers it's very deceaving to the players bc u think there is nowhere to go.

Does Central Cass have turf too? Also, for the first 5-6 weeks, I'd rather play outside on FieldTurf than inside. Once it gets cold, it'd be time to head inside.

Shanley's field is the nicest. It helps having the super nice school right there too. But it has FieldTruf which is so much better than grass it's not even funny. It has a nice scoreboard, pretty nice bleachers, and the really nice houses acroos the street look cool too. Plus, it can actually get somewhat noticably loud there, unlike most places.

Bishop Ryan and Trinity each use the college's field so they each have nice turf and a nice stadium, but it doesn't quite feel like a high school atmosphere because it's meant for the college. Nice facility though.

St Mary's plays at the Community Bowl, so it's fairly nice, but I'm just not a fan of that place. I suppose it's probably pretty cool there though when you get like Bismarck High and Century playing.

I've heard the turf at the Community Bowl isn't that much fun to play on.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GoPack#2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:59 am

Indy5 wrote:

no Central Cass doesnt have field turf, the field is really nice for about the first half of the season before all the Junior High and FM games get played on the field and rip up in between the hashes.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I've heard the turf at the Community Bowl isn't that much fun to play on.

The turf is awful. That's not why its cool. Its just a nice stadium. It's got big bleachers on both sides and the locker rooms are right there, which is cool. It's pretty nice how it's dug into the hill.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby coach » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:30 pm

I noticed that Grafton games always had music playing during the game. That seemed to be a fun atmosphere even those most of the games were all blow outs. Tough to stay interested in a 44-12 game
coach
NDPreps Reserve

Return to AA