NBA Lockout

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: NBA Lockout

Postby Indy5 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:16 pm

Hinsa wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
Hinsa wrote:I won't miss it even if there are no playoffs. Honestly, who wants to sit inside in June and watch basketball on TV? The season is too friggin' long, but I know it will never change because of the money involved.

When summer finally arrives in Dakota in June, I'm outside doing stuff, not sitting inside glued to the flat screen.

Honestly, what are you doing outside every night in the summer? I don't think its that big of deal to be inside watching a basketball game.

I'm outside playing golf, watching and/or running a baseball team, cutting grass, maintaining my yard, just doing the stuff outside that you can't do all winter.

Haha I'll give you the first two, but are you really doing yardwork at 9 o'clock?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:18 pm

I Record everything....hate Commercials or Halftime
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:21 pm

How many regular season games would you say you watch winner? Not trying to get at anything I'm just legitimatly curious.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:41 am

I watched 90% (recorded 60%, on VCR) of every Bulls game in the years Jordan was playing did not miss one Playoff game).......Prior to that I watched 40% approx......If you read the book "The Winner Within" I watched 75 % of those playoff games from those years....and would have watched more regular season but those were old days when you either had Tinfoil on your Rabbit Ears or Cable....so I ended up watching The Hawks on TNT because thats all that was shown in Atlanta (Ted Turner owned).

Now days I watch all The big Games with NBA League Pass...(I dont let it get in the way of anything though) I have far more important things going down, but it is a form of entertainment I thoroughly enjoy.

...I've always known the reason I am a Huge NBA viewer (and I have zero prejudiced).....because there is no better sport in the world, then Basketball, hands down....I may watch (these days) even more NCAA.
It takes a Ball and a Hoop and some Athletes, arguably the most thorough athlete on the planet.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:24 am

Forgot about the Hawks on TNT. That is a long time ago.
Anyone remember Sunday night football on TNT?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:35 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Hinsa wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
Hinsa wrote:I won't miss it even if there are no playoffs. Honestly, who wants to sit inside in June and watch basketball on TV? The season is too friggin' long, but I know it will never change because of the money involved.

When summer finally arrives in Dakota in June, I'm outside doing stuff, not sitting inside glued to the flat screen.

Honestly, what are you doing outside every night in the summer? I don't think its that big of deal to be inside watching a basketball game.

I'm outside playing golf, watching and/or running a baseball team, cutting grass, maintaining my yard, just doing the stuff outside that you can't do all winter.

Haha I'll give you the first two, but are you really doing yardwork at 9 o'clock?

You'd be surprised how many times I've finished mowing with the lights on on the lawn tractor. We've got 7 acres to maintain! :wink:
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:22 pm

Taken from SI.com

The NBA will have just 16-day training camps and two preseason games per team as a result of the NBA labor dispute, NBA.com reports.

The 16-day training camps are tentatively scheduled to begin Dec. 9, during which time the teams may sign free agents and prepare for the regular season, which is slated to begin on Christmas day.

Each team will play just two preseason games during the same 16-day span. It is expected that the teams will play against those teams closest to them geographically. Teams are traditionally scheduled to play between 8-10 preseason games before the beginning of a standard NBA season.

The regular season will feature each team playing 66 games over 119 days (990 games total) as opposed to the regular 82 game season played over 166 days (1,230 games total).
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:34 pm

NEW YORK (AP) -- Oklahoma City will host Orlando before Blake Griffin and the Los Angeles Clippers visit Golden State on Christmas night, running the NBA's planned opening-day schedule to five games.
Those games were added Friday to the three that were already set when the 2011-12 schedule was originally unveiled: Boston at New York, Miami at Dallas, and Chicago at the Los Angeles Lakers.
Commissioner David Stern said the league hoped to open the season with that tripleheader after announcing a tentative agreement on a new labor deal with the players last Saturday. But the league decided to add two later games, with the nightcap featuring Mark Jackson's debut as Warriors coach.
The revised 66-game schedule will be released Tuesday night during an NBA TV special.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things