State Tourney

Re: State Tourney

Postby ThatGuy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:52 pm

BaS3bALL4LiF3 wrote:North Dakota baseball was down so much this year, there is no way this is the best team ever. They are not even the best team in the past few years.

Yes I agree the overall talent was down but the west was more so then the east. But I'd argue that south was better then the 09 Dickinson because of this reason. South's conference team batting average was .392 and pitching ERA .86. They gave up only 1 run during the EDC/STATE. They didn't have 1 player in there lineup batting under .294. When you got Ernst batting .545, Haugen .455 Horner .419 and Soberg .400. This is south best team in history no question. South has taken 3rd, 2nd & 2nd the last 3 years. South lost to Dickinson in 2009.. 0-1. South probably would have won that game if Shanley did not collapse and lose to Dickinson big in the Semi. Laylock would have continued to pitch vs Shanley and wouldn't have pitched in the ship. Plus Dickinson that year was lead by 2-3 studs. I'd take Ernst over Frenzel or Laylock in ND high school baseball because Frenzel just hit and Laylock just pitched. Ernst could do both. Yes, Frenzel is a better hitter but overall you want someone who can do both help your team. If they played a best of 5 or 7, I'd give the edge to south. If it was Laylock vs Ernst.. The game could go to anyone. As far as like 2005 teams.. its hard to compare that long ago.
You don't wanna be that guy.
ThatGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:29 pm

West is gonna be down. I would have to think that you have to put shanley as one of the top from the east with returning their ace nick salentine
fly
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ndbaseball999 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:22 am

fly wrote:West is gonna be down. I would have to think that you have to put shanley as one of the top from the east with returning their ace nick salentine

I agree with the west being down. i also would put shanley at the top of the east for sure, but its a toss up where they will sit in the top 4.
Ndbaseball999
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Class A