Region 3 All Conference

The teams in Class A

Re: Region 3 All Conference

Postby footballchicken » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:28 am

ask the coaches why he was picked Sr. athlete of the year - they voted.

Well deserved
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby mama_bird » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:24 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:
bison football73 wrote:he's a lineman?????? that makes even less sense to why he was senior athlete. and my bad i didnt see his name cuz i didnt expect him to be a lineman

Right, linemen are just not good enough athletes to be senior athletes. Just who opens the holes for those backs? Roerich lead in carries and yardage on stanley's team, so Smith might have been only the second best back in the region at best.

You are forgetting Smith was out with injury for a few games. His stats would have paralleled Roehrichs had that not happened. Just saying. And not taking anything away from Roerich he is an outstanding back. What is surprising is that Smith made all-state on the defensive side and all his hype has been on the offensive side. Just shows he is a well-rounded talented athlete, as is Jesperson. I think there are bigger and better things out there for Smith and he is already looking forward.
mama_bird
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:32 am

mama_bird wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:
bison football73 wrote:he's a lineman?????? that makes even less sense to why he was senior athlete. and my bad i didnt see his name cuz i didnt expect him to be a lineman

Right, linemen are just not good enough athletes to be senior athletes. Just who opens the holes for those backs? Roerich lead in carries and yardage on stanley's team, so Smith might have been only the second best back in the region at best.

You are forgetting Smith was out with injury for a few games. His stats would have paralleled Roehrichs had that not happened. Just saying. And not taking anything away from Roerich he is an outstanding back. What is surprising is that Smith made all-state on the defensive side and all his hype has been on the offensive side. Just shows he is a well-rounded talented athlete, as is Jesperson. I think there are bigger and better things out there for Smith and he is already looking forward.

Yes, Landon is a great football player. And deserved all-state. He and Jespersen, I would think both have options for next year. And stats is what gets you no the offensive side of the ball, kids that go on defensive side are just as good but just might not have the stats. In class A ball they play both ways and are studs both ways.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:20 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:
mama_bird wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:

Yes, Landon is a great football player. And deserved all-state. He and Jespersen, I would think both have options for next year. And stats is what gets you no the offensive side of the ball, kids that go on defensive side are just as good but just might not have the stats. In class A ball they play both ways and are studs both ways.

I don't know if Jesperson will have options next year. Good high school player but he is drastically undersized to play d line in college.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:17 am

How big is Jesperson? I have not looked him up, but did see him play on film a few times and he was always kicking the butt of who he was lined up against.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:33 pm

d_fense wrote:How big is Jesperson? I have not looked him up, but did see him play on film a few times and he was always kicking the butt of who he was lined up against.

He is good because he is so fast for a nose tackle. I think he's around 200 or 210.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:10 pm

If he is 210 lbs. he could definately play in what was the DAC 10. Most kids can put on 25 lbs. of muscle from high school until they are 20-21. These colleges have plenty of good players who can play d line that are under 240 lbs. His quickness will serve him well if he decides to play in college.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:07 pm

d_fense wrote:If he is 210 lbs. he could definately play in what was the DAC 10. Most kids can put on 25 lbs. of muscle from high school until they are 20-21. These colleges have plenty of good players who can play d line that are under 240 lbs. His quickness will serve him well if he decides to play in college.

You may be right. Although, now that I think about it I don't think is 200. He might be. I just had a friend tell me he wrestles 215 but he said he's pretty sure he isn't actually that heavy. He just wrestles up cause he's so good.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to A