All-State Team

The teams in Class AA.

All-State Team

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:52 am

Class AA all-state team

First team offense

Quarterback: Jake Hanson, sr., Grafton.

Running backs: Zayne Medhaug, sr., Wahpeton. Hunter Mairs, sr., Lisbon.

Receivers: Adam Jiskra, sr., Grafton. Joey Demers, sr., Grafton. Mark LaCroix, sr., Bottineau.

Linemen: Michael Berger, sr., St. Mary's. Julio Ybarra, sr., Carrington. Josh Berg, jr., Fargo Shanley. Joel Green, jr., Wahpeton. Jack Plankers, sr., Kindred.

First team defense

Backs: Preston Tescher, sr., St. Mary's. Brandon Nelson, sr., Shanley. Ellery Bresnahan, jr., Central Cass.

Linebackers: Zach Burns, sr., Grafton. Tyler Rivard, sr., Shanley. Mark Koble, sr., Minot Ryan. Tyson Rosenau, jr., Carrington.

Linemen: Alex Herold, sr., St. Mary's. Zach Peterson, jr., Grafton. Matt Martino, sr., Shanley. Cordell Schroeder, jr., Carrington.

First team at large

Justin McCloud, sr., Bottineau. Nick Salentine, sr., Shanley. Eric Bachmeier, soph., Kindred.

Second team offense

Trevor Zacher, jr., Beulah. Zach Suda, sr., Grafton. Joey Thorson, sr., Shanley. Matt Bowers, sr., and Wyatt Johnson, jr., Bottineau. Charlie Hermes, sr., Wahpeton. Casey Murphy, jr., and Taylor Skytland, jr., Carrington. Austin Dahlgren, sr., Kindred. Chase Fugere, jr., Ryan. Kyle Lovcik, jr., Rugby. Tanner Doll, sr., Lisbon. John Slater, sr., Turtle Mountain.

Second team defense

Erik Ham, sr., Beulah. Dylan Fridrich, sr., and Brandon Sickler, sr., Dickinson Trinity. Harrison Aide, soph., Bottineau. Trevor Anderson, jr., Griggs-Barnes County. Kris Leier, jr., Rugby. Race Heitkamp, sr., Kindred. Cooper Krause, sr., Wahpeton. Tyler Doll, sr., Lisbon. Josh Roesler, sr., Central Cass. Josh Magnuson, sr., and Tayler Lentz, jr., Valley City. Wyatt Azure, sr., Turtle Mountain.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: All-State Team

Postby ndfan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:17 pm

Thought Zach Suda should of been 1st team all state and to only have one Linemen from Grafton make the all state team blows my mind. jmo
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:14 pm

i totally agree ndfan. i am trying to come up with a reason for this as it makes little sense to me. The defensive line (especially) held the state field of "run orientated" offenses to a smash-down. The only thing i can think of is that they kinda came out of no where. I can speak for many grafton fans in saying alot of us were extremely pleasantly suprised. That, along with the fact the every single player on that 5 man front were equally talented so that might have made it tough for individuals to stand out. This group of boys were very tight knit. Along with the O-line guys they called themselves the HOGS-n-DOGS. they believed in and supported each other. So for Grafton's O and D-lines i can tell you this, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. the Grfton D-line was BY FAR the best D-line in the state. HANDS DOWN,, WITHOUT A DOUBT, ABSOLUTELY!!! JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby thewanderer » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:04 am

thewanderer wrote:i totally agree ndfan. i am trying to come up with a reason for this as it makes little sense to me. The defensive line (especially) held the state field of "run orientated" offenses to a smash-down. The only thing i can think of is that they kinda came out of no where. I can speak for many grafton fans in saying alot of us were extremely pleasantly suprised. That, along with the fact the every single player on that 5 man front were equally talented so that might have made it tough for individuals to stand out. This group of boys were very tight knit. Along with the O-line guys they called themselves the HOGS-n-DOGS. they believed in and supported each other. So for Grafton's O and D-lines i can tell you this, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. the Grfton D-line was BY FAR the best D-line in the state. HANDS DOWN,, WITHOUT A DOUBT, ABSOLUTELY!!! JMHO

Credit should be given to the coaching staff as well. especially Jeff Nold, O and D line coach.
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby old#63 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:32 am

Scoreboard! 8)
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby thewanderer » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:24 pm

old#63 wrote:Scoreboard! 8)

you lost me there?
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:59 pm

thewanderer wrote:

you lost me there?

I think what he is trying to say is Grafton got the award that counted the most which would be a state championship and thats all that matters. I could be wrong.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:12 am

ndfan wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

you lost me there?

I think what he is trying to say is Grafton got the award that counted the most which would be a state championship and thats all that matters. I could be wrong.

Ya, that's what I saying (using the vernacular of my teenage daughter). Sorry, wanderer, I wasn't trying to lose you. :) Every one of those kids is on my all state team.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby thewanderer » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:48 am

old#63 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

you lost me there?

Ya, that's what I saying (using the vernacular of my teenage daughter). Sorry, wanderer, I wasn't trying to lose you. :) Every one of those kids is on my all state team.

some times my brain gets stuck on pause :lol: :lol:
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Return to AA