NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region 3 All Conference

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:44 am

Got the rest of the region?
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby mama_bird » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:13 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:Got the rest of the region?

Nope, I have only heard Stanley's. Sorry.
mama_bird
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:51 pm

All-Northwest Conference team

Stanley-Powers Lake: Abe Roerich, Landon SMith, Lex Tande, Lee Tande, Brad Biwer, Seth Leupp, Seth Meyer.
Velva: Ty Bruner, Zach Podoll, Myles Hanson, Colten Lee, Jed Jesperson, Alex Monk.
Lewis & Clark-Our Redeemer's: Mitchell White, Dalton Njos, Dan Yale, Logan Gunderson, Patrick Marquez, Jacob Rued.
Williams County: Zach Baker, Rhett Wolters, Keenan Hodenfield, Kellen Longie, Myles Pressnall, Brady Viall.
Watford City: Shawn Fulwider, Mitchell Liebel, Daniel Marmon, Tyler Bates, Lucas Nicholson.
Des Lacs-Burlington: Ethan Erickson, Austin Aberle, Keenan Browne, Marshall Selfors, Cole Edwards.
Garrison-Max: Andrew Haugen, Dylan Kinn, Matt Knutson, John Klein.
New Town: Rodney Drags Wolf, Lucas Wollschlager, Cole Danks.

Honorable mention
Braeden Farhart, Kale Enget, Levi Hoiby (Stanley-Powers Lake); Chandler Mack, Nathan Schmaltz, Taylor Barstad (Velva); Brandin Langan, Abe Mollan, Adam Birdsall (L&C-OR); Riley Syverson, Austin Nielson, Ryan Nielson (Williams County); Colf Rolfsrud, Clay Billing, Stephen Bascom (Watford City); Travis Johnson, Andrew Flick, Tanner Holte (DL-B); Brett O'Grady, Tyler Balaban, Brookes Reinholt (G-M); Sheldon Standish, Josh Badhawk, Elijah Grady (New Town).

Senior athlete of the year: Jesperson, Velva

Coach of the year: Lyne Enget, Stanley-Powers Lake
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:54 pm

Thank you
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:31 pm

i wanna know how landon smith was not senior athlete?
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Because more coeches voted for Jesperson from Velva. I do belive he was all-state last year.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:22 pm

thank u for that sarcastic answer. it was greatly appreciated
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Some people would say you slammed the Jesperson kid by saying someone else should have won the award in the way you did.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:53 pm

first of all jesperson wasnt all state last year, 2nd of all ive never heard of him and 3rd landon smith led his team to a state championship. thats why i was a little confused on why he wasnt senior athlete
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:59 pm

N.D. Class A 2010

all-state team

First-team offense

Quarterbacks -- North Prairie sr. Jaden Pfeifer, Milnor-North Sargent jr. Josh Hansana, Watford City sr. Trey Jacobson, Velva sr. Jon Mack

Running backs -- Rugby sr. Eric Kuntz, Velva sr. Collin Kittelson, Watford City sr. Brady Lund

Tight end -- North Prairie sr. Nick Cahill

Receivers -- Cavalier sr. Brandon Chrest, Milnor-North Sargent sr. Philip Enderson

Line -- North Prairie sr. Carl Nelson, Velva sr. Codee Lee, Watford City sr. Douglas Nordby, Linton-HMB sr. Levi Roemmich.

First-team defense

Line -- Oakes sr. Alex Breitbach, Watford City sr. Karson Knudtson, Milnor-North Sargent sr. Ryan Martinson, Velva jr. Jed Jespersen

Linebackers -- Cavalier sr. Jared Mack, Rugby sr. Jason Goetz, Watford City sr. Kalin Mogen, Linton-HMB sr. Derek Roemmich

Defensive backs -- Harvey jr. M.J. Stumpf, Watford City sr. Nick Liebel, Velva sr. Jordan Weidler

Second-team offense

Cavalier -- sr. Brennan Thorlakson; Langdon-Munich -- sr. Dylan Crockett; Rugby -- sr. Mitch Roerick; Milnor-North Sargent -- sr. Andrew Greenmyer; Maple Valley-Enderlin -- sr. Andrew Kaupan; LaMoure-LM -- sr. Gene Smith; Linton-HMB -- sr. Kelsey Larson; Velva -- sr. Josh Sandy and sr. Zac Craig; Des Lacs-Burlington -- sr. Colby Lund; Hazen -- soph. Stetson Carr; Killdeer -- sr. Josh Kuntz; Watford City -- jr. Shawn Fulwider.

Second-team defense

Larimore -- soph. P.J. Peterson; Cavalier -- sr. Brady Robbins; North Prairie -- sr. Nathan Joraanstad; Maple Valley-Enderlin -- jr. Ethan Preston and sr. Michael Nord; Harvey -- jr. Tucker Nordby and soph. Devin Haxton; Linton-HMB -- sr. Toby Wald; Williams County -- sr. Jordan Rehak; Stanley-Powers Lake -- sr. Colton Maruskie; Hazen -- sr. Coy Sebastian and sr. Bryon McLaughlin; Killdeer -- sr. Hunter Lundquist.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:03 pm

he's a lineman?????? that makes even less sense to why he was senior athlete. and my bad i didnt see his name cuz i didnt expect him to be a lineman
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:04 pm

bison football73 wrote:he's a lineman?????? that makes even less sense to why he was senior athlete. and my bad i didnt see his name cuz i didnt expect him to be a lineman

Senior Athlete isn't designated for only Offensive players! As a defensive lineman, he must have wreaked havoc all year long.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bison football73 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:10 pm

all i said was that he was a lineman offensive or defensive i dont think you can make that big of a difference on EITHER SIDE OF THE BALL as a lineman. and i just think landon smith's offensive stats would shadow any kind of defensive stats even if he was a making 20 tackles a game
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:27 pm

bison football73 wrote:he's a lineman?????? that makes even less sense to why he was senior athlete. and my bad i didnt see his name cuz i didnt expect him to be a lineman

Right, linemen are just not good enough athletes to be senior athletes. Just who opens the holes for those backs? Roerich lead in carries and yardage on stanley's team, so Smith might have been only the second best back in the region at best.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:32 pm

yes he was second on his team but he was the best senior running back in the region and i just find it extremely weird that a lineman won the award.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby USA » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Last years co-senior athlete of the year in the state was a lineman! Reading this comment almost made me feel like you have never even played football. your name is bison football73. 73 is a linemans number so i thought maybe you might understand that a team is nothing without an offensive or defensive line. I've talked to a lot of linemen who played against Jesperson this year. They told me every single running play, it was an automatic double team on Jesperson, no matter what. And Jesperson still made a ton of plays in the backfield. Not saying Smith isn't a good player, he is a very good player, but there is no way you can say that Jesperson didn't deserve it.
USA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bison football73 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:39 pm

i do understand the offensive line is the most important position on the field. ive never even heard of the kid until this post so it took me by surprise that someone other than landon smith won. i think u should be extremely dominate if u r going to make it as a lineman
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby PigskinDynasty » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:47 am

this was extremely embarrassing to read. if you don't understand the importance of the line and the impact a dominant lineman can have on the game of football, go educate yourself some more and come back some other time.
PigskinDynasty
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Guess where Landon Smith made all-state Defensive Line.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:26 pm

ok sorry everyone ill shut up. sorry for having an opinion on something
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby cardinal10 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Wow bison 73! Ignorance doesn't necessarily count as opinion in your case! Not only did you slam the kids involved, but you also slammed the coaches. Let's see maybe you should take to the sidelines vs. Enget, Sandy and Fridley if you have so much FB knowledge. You should find a different forum to write on next time or maybe try not just following the ball next time you watch a game.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison football73 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:36 pm

i never once slammed coaches. this started off as saying i thought landon smith should have won senior athlete because i thought he was more deserving. maybe i should have worded the way i stated my opinion a little better sorry if i stuff u off
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby cardinal10 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Where you at man? Who do you think votes for senior athlete of the the year? ...It's the coaches! So basically you slammed the coaches vote by questioning who THEY selected. Landon Smith and Stanley--top notch kids and awesome team this year. No doubt about it.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:22 am

bison football73 wrote:i wanna know how landon smith was not senior athlete?

This not an opinion It would have said that" I thought that Landon Smith had a very good year and could have been senior athlete this year. But I really do not know the Jespersen kid, does anyone know him and tell me how he has done.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to A