The Sad Story

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

The Sad Story

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:42 pm

The Penn State story is actually more invigorating than the Kenn State story in all reality...why? because the victims were not signified or helped out, when in need of it.

Paterno??? there was always something that made me say...."I'm going to root against him!"
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: The Sad Story

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:10 am

The one thing that gets me about this story is that the person who actually witnessed this incident is not getting scrutinized like everyone else. Joe Pa at least told people higher up about it. I can see firing the AD, Pres, Paterno, etc. because they did not do more, but what about the coach who actually witnessed it? He was a grad assistant at the time (technically an employee of the college) and is now a coach with the team. Based on those positions he would also be classified as a "mandatory reporter" for an incident like this and he should have gone straight to law enforcement himself. If he doesn't get canned or charged along with the others with wrongdoing, that is something completely wrong. He should be drug through the dirt just like the rest of them.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:16 am

As for myself, it's hard to imagine that if I witnessed an incident like this going on, that my first reaction wouldn't be to walk into the shower room and beat the living heck out of the guy. Then I'd call the cops. How, in the name of all that is right, do you only tell your supervisor and then wash your hands?
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:39 pm

As far McQueary goes, has the statute of limitations passed on him being charged with something. Same thing I'm thinking on some of the charges against Sandusky. I haven't heard any of that being brought up. I know after watching hundreds of episodes of Law and Order: SVU the SOL in NY for sex crimes is 6 years.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:23 pm

I think he will eventually go also....for now leave him stay to keep things intact on the Football field as best they can
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:52 pm

in my mind he's guiltier than Paterno and I don't think the university cares if things stay intact on the fball field....they are just trying to rid their university of it all. I thought Paterno would be able to finish out the year, but if they were willing to can him immediately everyone associated with the scandal should be gone as well.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:54 pm

gotta keep one guy around to do the squealing
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Everyone will be gone at the end of the year. I don't think McQueary coaches Saturday.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:13 am

Paterno should have had his name taken off of the trophy, he should have been allowed to finish the year. He told the AD, the college president, and the head of campus police. It's real sad this had to wreck one if the greatest coaches of all time's legacies
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:49 am

alot of great legacies are wrecked by ego's and stupidity....the key to avoiding most scandal's, is new blood once now and then.....the days of the same coach for 20-30-40 years is over, same goes fro College presidents and AD's
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Difference here is that it isn't Paterno's fault
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:16 pm

this is much worse than a free car etc etc

worse than Pete Roses story
Clemens
Bonds
McGuire

all the track stars....etc etc

they are all stupid considering!

but I agree this one takes the Cake!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison football73 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:29 pm

i really believe taking paterno's name off the Big Ten trophy was getting alittle much. hasnt the old guy suffered enough he has this whole story on his conscience, his wonderful coaching career is ruined, and he gets fired after 46 years of coaching the game he loved.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things